Heroes 6 demo

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes 6 demo

Unread postby saugeen123 » 06 Sep 2011, 20:29

I havd been playing around wi this demo and I have to express my feelings sbout it. I find the graphics to be very unclear it is difficult to see what the creatures look like.In heroes 3.4.&5 The graphics are very clear, It is easy to see what the creatures look like. The magic system seems complicated.and to build my hero also seems complicated How do I get skills and abilities when my hero has earned a new level. How does he get spells or a school of magic.
also there is no auto combat Bujilding my town Is n ot straight forward. I hope the final porduct it going to be a lot better than the demo.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Heroes 6 demo

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Sep 2011, 20:42

saugeen123 wrote:How do I get skills and abilities when my hero has earned a new level. How does he get spells or a school of magic.
Click twice over your hero portrait. A window (*sigh*) will open. The window has some icons at the bottom, 3 I think. The rightmost one opens your skill tree system. The skill system tree has another 3 choices showing larger at the top of the window. The first one you choose skills. The second icon you choose spells.
also there is no auto combat
Autocombat can be settle when you're arranging map options. Turning it on or off. Look a bit carefully before going playing the map all the options that'll appear. Icons are small and hard to follow, so you might want to click on everything.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Heroes 6 demo

Unread postby Spin » 08 Sep 2011, 15:04

saugeen123 wrote:I havd been playing around wi this demo and I have to express my feelings sbout it. I find the graphics to be very unclear it is difficult to see what the creatures look like.In heroes 3.4.&5 The graphics are very clear, It is easy to see what the creatures look like.
You are quite right with this, but it's only a real problem for Inferno. I still have no idea which creature portrait is which. Other factions look quite good otherwise, and no more needing to turn the camera is awesome.

saugeen123 wrote: The magic system seems complicated.and to build my hero also seems complicated How do I get skills and abilities when my hero has earned a new level. How does he get spells or a school of magic.
The magic system is the simplest of all the games, although in depth it is complex (like looking into statistics and tables etc.). To pick skills, double click on your hero and go to the last window on the bottom right. You can build your hero any way you like, the only thing complicated about it is choosing what to pick. But really, it's fairly well done right now, just choose a general direction for your hero and you should be fine.

With regards to autocombat, Panda Tar explains it well. The most fun way to play the game in my opinion is to keep it on and let it simulate battles for you, especially the ones you do not want to do. Autocombat in this game is actually well done, you don't lose a tonne more units than you should usually, however there are circumstances where you have to replay the battle by yourself.

Keep playing and learning the game is my suggestion. It is a very different game and there's a learning curve. Remember the demo is very rough (it's a one month old build), so when the game comes out 2 months of testing would have been done and lots would have changed.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”