Heroes VI creatures proposal

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 03 May 2006, 16:35

At least they are better peasants from those in H3...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 May 2006, 16:36

dragonn wrote:At least they are better peasants from those in H3...
Which are again better than those in HII :devil:

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 16:37

peasants might have the lowest skills, because they are not trained for war, but as human beings, just like you and i, they should have more raw power than mischevious things like pixies and imps. goblins are signifcantly bigger than pixies and they are very skilled at fighting, also they come in large numbers, that's why they can beat peasants.

i see the goblin as having something like 8hp 5a 2d 1-3 70/wk
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 May 2006, 16:42

BenchBreaker wrote:peasants might have the lowest skills, because they are not trained for war, but as human beings, just like you and i, they should have more raw power than mischevious things like pixies and imps. goblins are signifcantly bigger than pixies and they are very skilled at fighting, also they come in large numbers, that's why they can beat peasants.
Why do you think a guard dog is stronger than an average human?Average human is something like 30+kg heavier and is about 30+cm higher.Also,humans jaw is stronger then the dogs.But pit some joe awerage against a pit bull and see wholl win.I wouldnt bet my money on joe average though.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 16:44

DaemianLucifer wrote:Imps are deamons with very sharp claws.And theyre being breed for war.Peasants have no clue how to fight,and that makes them the weakest fighters in the game.
ofcourse daemons are stronger, but for the imp yeah it has more skills e.g. 4t 2d as to peasants 1a 2d(4x as much attack) but it doesn't have as much raw power as peasants.

damage is about.. damage where as attack skill is about chance to land blow, so the imp is much more likely to land a hit than the peasants, but if the pesant does land it's blow, then it should do more damage.

just imagine being scratched by a cat and being hit by a pitchfork, which hurts more?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 May 2006, 16:51

BenchBreaker wrote:just imagine being scratched by a cat and being hit by a pitchfork, which hurts more?
If you train a cat for fighting,it will attack straight for the eyes,than the throat.And trust me,that would hurt like hell,and then kill you for sure.Weres a pitchfork will most probably strike you in some limb,or the stomack in the worst case.You might die,but youll probably survive.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 16:52

DaemianLucifer wrote:Why do you think a guard dog is stronger than an average human?Average human is something like 30+kg heavier and is about 30+cm higher.Also,humans jaw is stronger then the dogs.But pit some joe awerage against a pit bull and see wholl win.I wouldnt bet my money on joe average though.
the human and bulldog are much more closer in terms of size than the human and imp, so the superior skills of the bulldog(i.e. sharp teeth, claws, speed) give it the edge over humans, the imp also have better skills except it's too small(comarable to domestic cat)

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 16:54

DaemianLucifer wrote:If you train a cat for fighting,it will attack straight for the eyes,than the throat.And trust me,that would hurt like hell,and then kill you for sure.Weres a pitchfork will most probably strike you in some limb,or the stomack in the worst case.You might die,but youll probably survive.
sorry but a (domestic) cat killing a normal human :?? i'd like to know who trains those cats

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 May 2006, 16:56

BenchBreaker wrote:the human and bulldog are much more closer in terms of size than the human and imp, so the superior skills of the bulldog(i.e. sharp teeth, claws, speed) give it the edge over humans, the imp also have better skills except it's too small(comarable to domestic cat)
Buldogs dont use their claws that much.And those of an imp are much more lethal.You should compare an imp not with a cat,but with a child vielding a butchers knife(but just in terms of damage,cause imps are way more skillful)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 May 2006, 16:57

BenchBreaker wrote:sorry but a (domestic) cat killing a normal human :?? i'd like to know who trains those cats
You can die from a simple paper cut if it cuts your artery.And cats teeth go in much deeper than a paper cut.

It seems we need another split here :embarrased: How about "my cat killed your imp"? :devil:

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 17:03

we should try to treat skill and damage as separate things, otherwise there'll be no point to them being different stats is there? so the imp have much better skill but not as much damage. becuase the imp is already skilled and effect of training would be lessened. the peasant is a dumb to start with but could be trained to be much more effective, so with heroes trainig(adding att skill) the peasant have more potential than the imp
that's the whole point of separate attack and damage ratings

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 May 2006, 17:03

DaemianLucifer wrote: If you train a cat for fighting,it will attack straight for the eyes,than the throat.
You know, i've been trying to teach my cat that for ages. The bugger just prefers to sleep, eat and go outside instead. Any ideeas?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 17:08

DaemianLucifer wrote:You can die from a simple paper cut if it cuts your artery.And cats teeth go in much deeper than a paper cut.

It seems we need another split here :embarrased: How about "my cat killed your imp"? :devil:
yeah but you are going into areas of exetremly low probablity - who dies from "paper cut" wounds on the battle field? if you consider things like that then you could also trip and die...

ps: anyway the ability to aim for weak points like the eyes and the artery should also be considered as skill, not damage. like you say, the trained cat might kill you, not the mutated gaint cat :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 May 2006, 18:00

BenchBreaker wrote:we should try to treat skill and damage as separate things, otherwise there'll be no point to them being different stats is there? so the imp have much better skill but not as much damage. becuase the imp is already skilled and effect of training would be lessened. the peasant is a dumb to start with but could be trained to be much more effective, so with heroes trainig(adding att skill) the peasant have more potential than the imp
that's the whole point of separate attack and damage ratings
But thats where your wrong.The damage range is actually skill,while attack and defence are abilities.If you equip someone with a knife theyll have lower attack than with a katana.But if you train them to use the knife well,theyll have more chance to deal deadlier blows(increase in max damage)but their attack will still be lower then with katana.
ThunderTitan wrote: You know, i've been trying to teach my cat that for ages. The bugger just prefers to sleep, eat and go outside instead. Any ideeas?
Well look at how fight dogs are trained:Starved to death and beaten from their youngest age.So its to late to teach your cat how to kill.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 20:04

DaemianLucifer wrote:But thats where your wrong.The damage range is actually skill,while attack and defence are abilities.If you equip someone with a knife theyll have lower attack than with a katana.But if you train them to use the knife well,theyll have more chance to deal deadlier blows(increase in max damage)but their attack will still be lower then with katana.
that's where we disagree, imo a person with katana can deal more damage than the same person with a knife, but skill of the person remains the same.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 03 May 2006, 20:19

You can burn, freeze, curse, cut etc a human, but at least we cannot die from a holy word or holy water. And we are more inteligent. We can always run away :D
Last edited by dragonn on 03 May 2006, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 May 2006, 20:23

BenchBreaker wrote:that's where we disagree, imo a person with katana can deal more damage than the same person with a knife, but skill of the person remains the same.
Exactly.And that is what attack does:Increases your damage.So if you wield katana,youll have higher attack,not damage range.But,you skill will add to your damage range(usually to the max damage done).Although,some may argue that skill influences both damage and attack.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 03 May 2006, 22:19

DaemianLucifer wrote:Exactly.And that is what attack does:Increases your damage.So if you wield katana,youll have higher attack,not damage range.But,you skill will add to your damage range(usually to the max damage done).Although,some may argue that skill influences both damage and attack.
:?? imo that really is a strange way of thinking,

troops under a hero are more skillful, but they get increased attack rating, what you are saying suggest that they should get increased damage range.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 May 2006, 21:03

listen up-
Attack= How well the person is traind in using his weapons.
Damage= the person's/weapon's potential to inflict damage to the target.

a skilled person with a hunting knife might have 3-6 damage and 5 attack, while a non-skilled person with a katana would have 6-9 damage, but only 1 attack.

think about it this way: you take two people: one is a proffesional hunter, the other just the average joe. you give them both rifles. now ask yourself: who is more dangerous? you would prbably say that the hunter is, wouldnt you? now think about this: if they both wanted to shoot you, it doesnt matter which one of them does, bcause they can both cause the same amount of damage to your body. both rifles are equally dangerous. but which of them knows how to use the rifle? the hunter, obviously.

the average guy would have 40-50 damage (its a gun, people), and maybe 5 attack (he can still point it and pull the trigger, cant he?)
the hunter, 40-50 damage, and 20 attack. thats all the difference.

in the heroes games, the damage done by one creature to another is calculated by dividing the attacker's attack by the attckee's defense. naturally, the higher his attack, the more damage inflicted. thats because, just like in real life, the more of an idea a person has of how to use his weapon, the more damage he can inflict.

back to the knife/katana example:
a special forces guy with a hunting knife, and an average guy with huge battle axe. obviously, a battle axe can end a person's life in a split second, even if just swung blindly withought the attacker having any idea what he's doing. a knife, on the other hand, isnt quite as dangerous when swung around blindly, but can still kill in a split second, even more efficiently that the axe, if used correctly.

i rest my case.

Babri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Babri » 17 May 2006, 13:04

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote:Actually, that's just due to a larger threat area, which hasn't much to do with whether they wander or not. I've not seen any creatures act in the way you describe.
Then try turning the mobile guards on.It really changes the way you wander the map.
I've definitely seen this happen - much to my dismay, in many cases!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”