Is the graphics the same as in Heroes V?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Is the graphics the same as in Heroes V?

Unread postby Jac » 29 Jul 2011, 02:09

I'm not complaining that the graphics look too similar, but I'd like to know if they are using the same engine/program to make the game graphics?

I ask this because since almost a year ago I have stopped playing Heroes V due to a glitch that caused my game graphics to wash out at random intervals, which looks terrible. I'm not blaming it on my computer because it's quite new; windows 7 and it can even play Street Fighter 4, Dark Messiah, Dragon Age and so on, no lag whatsoever. I even changed my graphic card somewhere down the line and it's still having the same problem.

I have practically given up on it now, but I would like to make sure that I am buying a game that I can play. So does anyone know if they are using the same engine/program/code/whatever to make the graphics?

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 29 Jul 2011, 04:04

Engine is completely different, the developer of this game (Black Hole) is different from the previous developer (Nival) and the engine used is completely different.

To my understanding the engine used in Heroes VI is a heavily modified version of the one used in Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.

People who have actually played the beta however can tell you how it runs, but to my current knowledge it's very good graphically and runs quite well, although some animations are a little buggy at the moment.

I hate the Heroes V engine, to be honest the biggest thing that ruined Heroes V for me was the fact that it lagged horribly, turns took usually a huge amount of time and before you know it a small sized map takes 1.5 hours to complete. The engine was very bad, especially on release.

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 29 Jul 2011, 16:05

Oh, wonderful lol. Good to know that my PC could probably support this game better than it could do with Heroes V. Indeed the engine in Heroes V was a major letdown. I usually take days just to complete a game on large, and all that waiting time when playing on hot seat was also pretty awkward.

The graphic glitch just came out of the blue one day. With some detective work I found a few solutions but none of them worked, so I gave up and uninstalled the game.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Jul 2011, 17:35

It is better, no doubt about it. You can't really go back from H5; that was pretty much as bad as it could be - and in fact the primary reason why I stopped playing it was its huge resource requirements.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”