Beta/demo without preorder?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Interrobang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Beta/demo without preorder?

Unread postby Interrobang » 15 Jul 2011, 18:42

I'd like to try out Heroes 6 but I'm not sure my computer will be able to handle it, so I don't want to preorder yet. At this time, is there any (legal, legitimate) way to access the beta without preordering? If, as I suspect, the answer is no, will there be access to a beta version or demo at a later time?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jul 2011, 19:10

Try to look for Beta keys. They are sometimed distrbuted free or for 5 euro/dollars. But be carefull, trust only big known shops, otherwise it is not worthy of the try.

I should warn you also, that the public beta is one of the older builds of game and it is not kept up to date.

Better to check Minimal requirements thread first.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Interrobang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Interrobang » 15 Jul 2011, 20:44

I did check the requirements and I'm golden except for my video card, and because I use a laptop they tend to be difficult to predict performance. Basically, I'm confident that the game will run, but I don't know if it will run well enough to be playable. In the meantime I'll keep and eye out for a way to get a key. Thanks.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jul 2011, 20:57

Can't pre-orders be cancelled?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Interrobang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Interrobang » 15 Jul 2011, 22:57

I'd probably order from Steam, and often they won't take cancellations of pre-orders if you've had Beta access.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 16 Jul 2011, 08:59

You can go to this site:
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
and select the game from the drop-down list, or just type it in the search. This is very handy and saves hours of downloading time for nothing.

I had some trouble running it with Firefox, due to some Java issue (I think) but it did work with IE. My processor would be too slow to run the game. Everything else passed.

EDIT:
I thought I would post the results, because it looks like my processor should at least pass the minimum spec.

Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 5000+ @ 2.6 GHz
You Have: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz

It looks like this should pass, right? Or is Core 2 Duo something different than Dual-Core?

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 16 Jul 2011, 12:37

I too don't quite meet the minimum requirements (on the CPU side) and would rather not want the hassle of ordering something and then cancelling it after I find out, with beta access, that it runs like a dog.

Mind you, playing the demo of HOMMV put me off buying it for years! Still would like one for this latest instalment though....

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 16 Jul 2011, 16:41

Variol wrote: EDIT:
I thought I would post the results, because it looks like my processor should at least pass the minimum spec.

It looks like this should pass, right? Or is Core 2 Duo something different than Dual-Core?
If you don't mind saying, how old is your computer?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 16 Jul 2011, 19:56

It will be 2 years in October. It was an excellent price on a 1 day sale, plus I got some additional discounts as well. When it becomes worth it, I can drop a new CPU in there. I have a good 1gig video card and 8gig of RAM.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jul 2011, 20:52

Variol wrote:

Looks to me like the program only read the generic info about the processor... while Core 2 Duo is more f a brand...

But you should also post the video card if you want to know if it will work...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”