stuck in chapter To honor our fathers - one khan, one clan

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kaet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

stuck in chapter To honor our fathers - one khan, one clan

Unread postby Kaet » 15 Jul 2011, 16:01

can not go to the last orc cheif...do not have a ship

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jul 2011, 16:49

You need a ship. Have you read the walkthrough?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kaet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaet » 15 Jul 2011, 16:59

tank you it works...

zookman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zookman » 08 Aug 2014, 21:34

how the dang heck od ya get rid of the teal guy .. he pops in and just wipes me out no matter how strong my army is .. even in an amost fully upgraded town with full walls and triple ballista he still wipes me out .. and i have as many of the tougher troops i can get with what limited gold ya get .. and all this on the easy level .

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 09 Aug 2014, 17:29

While it is possible to hold out against teal, the intended way of playing seems to be to flee the area by ship and start a new base
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 09 Aug 2014, 19:31

A restart of the map may help, because the teal's behaviour seems to vary depending on random seed (meaning that a restart may also end up even worse than now). It is important to take brown down fast. Do capture mines, explore etc. only if you can do it without losing armies - preserving armies is important. Pay attention to external dwellings and use them as much as possible. There are a few cyclopes who join, but you cannot get to them too early. With two towns and mobile heroes you may be able to play a bit cat and mouse - let teal take a town, wander out, you retake the town at the start of week, hire creatures, run away etc.

zookman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zookman » 09 Aug 2014, 21:36

first attempt i did take out brown i had everything under my control till teal showed up ..i gathered as many troops as i could and went the sea route .. then i had purple to deal with and that was almost as bad as teal ..

i did find cheat codes but cant get them to work .. cant get the file to save after editing it like it says to ...

TheMeInTeam
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: stuck in chapter To honor our fathers - one khan, one clan

Unread postby TheMeInTeam » 11 May 2016, 18:36

I'm gearing up to finish my LP finally, and after taking so long off playing I'd forgotten a lot of basics so I'm doing the first two ToE campaigns on heroic as a test run + warm-up. This map is nasty on heroic (playing default version on steam as of May 2016), it took me three tries and by the 3rd I had the try-hard pants on and a lot of old tricks had come back.

You need to be able to clear most of the starting two areas fast without taking too many casualties, despite starting level 1 and having most mines guarded by shooters or casters. On heroic this doesn't leave you much margin for error. I disagree with the guide on it, take Orange town right away. Ballista is nice but not necessary. On my 3rd (and successful) attempt I just used Kujin and was not offered war machines at all. I used offense/defense/logistics/luck type generic might setup instead.

Start getting Orange ASAP, get the troops from there + other hero. Split trappers into two stacks. You want to fast clear the magic shrine (for xp) and the wood + ore mines, then your priority is to get the warrior dwelling and outpost ASAP. Outpost lets you get wyvern + shaman without building up town much. A few weeks of them + fear my roar or shout nuke and you can clear the garrison without ballista and not take many casualties in first month. Wyvern regen also lets you clear some otherwise annoying shooters without casualties because they regen.

Take Orange town up to +1000 gold/day and early tier creatures only. Money is scarce and brown grows so you'll have more troops than you can afford. As soon as you get brown's town clear all the mines ASAP, skipping the druids maybe. Your only priority here is to get enough troops to beat Lethos and pick up stats/shouts.

Teal arrives and you can win maybe one or two fights vs teal, preferably make his hero run by destroying ballista + shooters in defense situation to limit casualties. After a few iterations defending against teal is completely impossible; eventually you'll be attacked by nonsense like 150 wyverns and ~100 Cyclops along with 500+ centaurs...too many casualties from either shooter attacking you. So you instead simply take a large army with your stat boosts + shouts + decent might build and go.

You can skip the fights vs purple ships if you only clear Cyclops when ready to leave and hug the coast. Lethos is the hardest mandatory fight, but if you have stuff like expert offense/defense with archery, vitality, and so forth it's a very winnable fight. If you get the shout nuke go ahead and bring along a ton of goblins/warriors and such along with centaurs so you can hit his stacks with warlock-implosion levels of damage.

Teal/purple will run roughshod over your stuff back home but you get another ton of recruit-able creatures in green and since it's heroic you'll level cap even without taking experience chests, so go ahead and buy a bunch more Cyclops, nab the stat buildings, and sail to the teal town. You will have to buy a trinket that gives you access to summon boat, but if you get past Lethos and still have a decent army you'll be fine. Mission 4 for Kujin is not hard and you can memory mentor her there so build to get through early parts of this map as a priority. Unless you're going for max high score skipping teal's scripted-enormous numbers is the way to go.

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 24 May 2016, 02:52

Interesting. This map got me stuck back in the day, mainly cause of Teal and Lethos keeps steamrolling me when they pop up. I tried following the guide (leave capture for later + ballista built) but no luck. Cheats didn't work either.. But reading this, I might be tempted to give it one more (and probably last) try.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 29 Sep 2016, 13:27

Reading this reminds me of the hell that was this map. I remember being furious when I read that Nival actually made these missions without playing through themselves. I got through with Ballista - and I still feel that it is pretty important because as a barbarian you don't really have good ranged attacks. You need the War Machines skill on the way to Ultimate Rage anyway.

Another thing that I found really important was to put that hero attack ability Powerful Blow on the Centaurs every battle. When they shoot, your hero also performs an attack. Since a barbarian is sure to get Stunning Blow and Excruciating Strike on the way to Ultimate Rage, you can greatly enhance your ranged attacks that way.

Some battles against ranged attackers I won by deploying only Wyverns and keeping them waiting so that they keep healing. The ballista did all the work. If you choose to go to battle against ranged attackers using your centaurs, you will lose your centaurs.
Last edited by cjlee on 29 Sep 2016, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”