Enlightenment and Campaign

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
drelkata
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Enlightenment and Campaign

Unread postby drelkata » 30 Apr 2011, 17:48

Is it better to take as soon as possible the perk Enlightenment? I am not aware of its mechanics, but I believe that because it gives stats every few levels, it makes it worth taking for campaign Heroes and if it's taken early (1-st Level), it will unleash its full potential. :creative: Is that true?
Thanks in advance! :)

P.S.: I am about to try an Absolutely Perfect Playthrough through the campaign- taking all the stat objects and the desired perks, even of it requires quite a number of restarts. Any other tips will be helpful. :-D

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Apr 2011, 20:44

I never really used enlightenment but I believe it's a must-have for a warlock
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 02 May 2011, 15:15

The bonus stat points for enlightenment, IIRC, are retroactive.
Basic enlightenment gives you 1 bonus stat point for every 4 levels. If you take it first when you hit level 12, you immediately get 3 bonus stat points.
If you are level 18 when you take advanced enlightenment (which gives 1 stat per 3 levels), you get 2 stat points (you already had 4, and now you qualify for 6)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Mlai
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mlai » 02 May 2011, 17:54

It's still better to take Enlightenment early, if you already know you want it. Because Enlightenment allows you to receive bonus exp for every battle and treasure chest.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 03 May 2011, 13:20

Mlai wrote:It's still better to take Enlightenment early, if you already know you want it. Because Enlightenment allows you to receive bonus exp for every battle and treasure chest.
Agreed, but given the original phrasing of the question, I think that it was concerned about the stat points.

Also, early on you may want logistics or a magic school, or attack.

If you are going for a particular skill (such as the ultimate), then you should always take a needed secondary skill over an ability or non-essential secondary, since you cannot be certain it will be offered again.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 May 2011, 11:42

Mlai wrote:It's still better to take Enlightenment early, if you already know you want it. Because Enlightenment allows you to receive bonus exp for every battle and treasure chest.
That can easily be offset by skills that allow you to lose less troops and take on more battles faster...

Of course without hard numbers i can't say which is better, but it's something to consider.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 05 May 2011, 14:13

Enlightenment is the very best skill in the game. Because it gives you bonuses to all stats, even stats you wouldn't normally develop very highly due to your heroes race.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 19 May 2011, 17:52

I find that Enlightenment is most helpful if you have an unevenly developed hero. For instance, you need enlightenment on a Demon Lord to boost his miserable spellpower and defense. You can also use enlightenment-intelligence on a knight because knights have too little mana.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”