the game is pushed back to september

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

the game is pushed back to september

Unread postby Znork » 20 Apr 2011, 10:59

Grate news the game has been pushed back.

http://forums-fr.ubi.com/eve/f...241070229#2241070229

I realy dont know what it will mean but i hope they will have more time to implement the feedback from the trip to budapest.
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 20 Apr 2011, 13:11

Wasn't that Budapest trip in January? If they haven't been able to implement these changes you are referring to in 4 months or would have in 6 months when the game was supposed to be released, then what makes you think they'll magically be able to do so with another 2 months?

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 20 Apr 2011, 14:02

some of the ides do need more time then they had.
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 20 Apr 2011, 15:11

What changes are we talking about here? Fill me in please.

Mixed feelings about it being pushed back. More time for bug testing for sure, but what glitches have they hit (serious or otherwise) that have caused this hiccup?

Still, September release is cool. Playing videogames in the summertime sucks.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Apr 2011, 15:47

It's not so much a hiccup as a realization that the game needed more time to begin with. Finally the guys who have pushed for a later release have gotten their way, and the game is pushed back so that gameplay and balancing issues may be addressed properly. I would also imagine that optimization and multiplayer issues would be among the things taking more time than anticipated, because that stuff takes ages to work out properly.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Apr 2011, 15:55

A private conversation has just been leaked:

Fan: "Delay the game!"
Dev: "No."
Dev: "No."
Dev: "Mmm, okay."
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 20 Apr 2011, 16:13

I'd rather play the game as soon as possible but they can't release an unplayable game like nival did with h5
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Apr 2011, 16:16

I suspect that it's the marketing guys at Ubi who wanted the scheduled release, while the devs actually saw that more time should be given.

Dem thöse märketing gees. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 20 Apr 2011, 18:02

Hopefully they're having a re-think on the whole Sanctuary faction, considering its lukewarm reception by fans. Perhaps they'll break them up into random neutral creatures, and restore the classic towns that at least looked like a homogeneous fighting force....

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 20 Apr 2011, 18:12

What lukewarm reception is that? It's the highest-rated faction of all in the poll at this forum. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how well it was received.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 20 Apr 2011, 18:35

yeah it got mostly good reactions
people prefer to nag about other stuff such as amount of resources and town window

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Apr 2011, 22:09

They're definitely not going back on any factions. Remember what Marzhin said: they had a pretty good idea what kind of lineup they wanted long before they got started.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 20 Apr 2011, 22:16

This is quite a big delay for a game so close to being released. There definitely must be something major happening over there, whether it be implementing certain new features or working out some extra issues.

I'm not too upset about the delay myself, as long as the extra time makes the game amazing. I've seen games become 5x better by just a little polish here and there, eg. most FPS games come out with serious issues and it takes 3 months to fix the major problems. That being said please make this the last delay it's not Starcraft 2.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 21 Apr 2011, 02:23

More polish is always a good thing. Did they specifically state that the game is being pushed back so the developers can work on the gameplay, or is that just assumed?

Working in games marketing and advertising myself... I know that sometimes games are delayed simply to avoid competing against a rival publisher's major release.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 21 Apr 2011, 09:19

well there's bound to be more competition in september than the summer...

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 21 Apr 2011, 13:43

I guess it's too naive on my part to hope that Blackhole reconsider this 3 tiers per town design, improve current town lineups and add at least one "classic" faction (Wizard/Sorceress/Warlock)?

Veritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Veritas » 21 Apr 2011, 13:44

My brother is a software designer for bank security software and he ALWAYS complains about how their marketing team creates more than unrealistic deadlines with clients and then expects the developers to match it. Most likely what happens in most new game scenarios too.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 21 Apr 2011, 16:04

Mirez wrote:well there's bound to be more competition in september than the summer...
Agreed. September usually its packed with new releases. Also, there is no genre competition here, its no an FPS...

I already pre-ordered collector's, but I dont mind for delay. Enough stuff to do. As long, of course, if it makes the game better.

chachocueva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chachocueva » 22 Apr 2011, 04:10

Oh come on! Is pushing the release to september really going to improve it?
I hope it really does, because if it is only a marketing strategy, i think it sucks. Besides, i don't think a release in september could actually change sales figures.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 22 Apr 2011, 06:38

I believe it's going to be hugely improved, I think we'll hear some news from the guys about it. But the delay doesn't mean too much considering you'll have access to the beta. Assuming the beta is out before June 20th you will be able to gauge roughly how good the game would be if it was released then.

Also, with game reviews become more important to publishers they'll want to release a polished game. It's pretty well known that buggy/unpolished/unbalanced games on release, even though they are amazing after 1 or 2 patches come out, get much worse reviews than games which are completely finished, take Portal 2 as an example of a polished game and Fallout New Vegas as a buggy one.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”