No elves?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
chachocueva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

No elves?

Unread postby chachocueva » 16 Apr 2011, 16:28

First and foremost, hello! I'm Chacho.
Even I'm a registered user since 09/2009, i'd say i'm rather new in this forum because i haven't written before this. But i've been diving much more in the HoMM universe since then and plan to participate more.
This is my first topic, so please be patient if i make some mistakes.
That being sayd, i have a question: what happened to elves?????????
They are my favourite faction in HoMM! I've always played with them (except HOMM I which i never played). The way i see it, they kick ass, and Hunters RULE! (yep, i like ranged attackers a lot).
Enough taking about what i like.
Can anyone tell me if the Elves (or Rampart or Sylvan, or call it what you like) will show up in HoMM VI?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 16 Apr 2011, 16:39

perhaps in an expansion
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 16 Apr 2011, 17:52

I'm fairly certain they're gonna make a comeback in one of the expansions.
Infiltrator out.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Apr 2011, 18:10

Hi, and welcome.

There are no elves in H6 as yet. It's a prequel game, the story takes place 400 years before H5, so they might pop up in an expansion.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 16 Apr 2011, 18:12

In order to start form the beginning, it must be noted that duke Griffin (probably a relative to Peter in the Family Guy) had some genetic abnormalities. First he preferred to spend time with himself rather than with his wife and, second, none of the children fancied of pretty blond boys. They were more into necro-, zoo- and reptilophilia. And since the primary goal of H6 is not to have great gameplay or a variety traditional fantasy creatures, but family matters in Griffin dynasty, no elves are there. Not even Orlando Bloom. :( Of course, we all hope that one of the shadow mistresses has managed to hyptotize sir Griffin or another reason is found to bring the elves, unicorns and other un-generic fantasy creatures back to the world of might and magic in an expansion pack, but nobody knows for sure.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 17 Apr 2011, 09:46

Expansion, hoooo!
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 17 Apr 2011, 18:32

Considering the elves are pretty iconic units that have been in every Heroes game thus far, do you think there's a possibility that they may show up as a neutral unit, at least pre-expansion?

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 17 Apr 2011, 19:34

Unlikely, orcs had been in every game up to H5 as well, and then got slated for the second expansion.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 17 Apr 2011, 20:10

I somehow got the feeling there aren't many neutral units (aside from bosses) in heroes 6

besides according to the ashan history the elves weren't really social back then. They'd rather mind their own business and do elf-stuff in their forests.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 19 Apr 2011, 11:48

Yes, but I think Sylvan will be in an expansion. I think the expansion(s) will reintroduce Sylvan and Academy.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Apr 2011, 16:06

What about Dungeon, then? And the Fortress? I could go on ... and then there's the possibility that Ubi want to introduce another entirely new faction. There's no way everybody gets their favourite factions in the exps. Still, one could always hope. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 19 Apr 2011, 16:09

well they could feature one expansion about how the elves were murdering the dark elves and how they survived by making a pact with the faceless (we did see artwork of them right?)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 20 Apr 2011, 23:42

Hmm. It would be weird to have an expansion with Dungeon, and then leave Sylvan out. Because how can you have dark elves without having regular elves?

Of course, they do have Necropolis without having Academy which doesn't make a lot of sense either. So I guess anything is possible. Well - anything except a Forge town. Conflux and Fortress (the HoMM3 Fortress that is) also aren't very likely to show up..
Pitsu wrote:Of course, we all hope that one of the shadow mistresses has managed to hyptotize sir Griffin or another reason is found to bring the elves, unicorns and other un-generic fantasy creatures back to the world of might and magic in an expansion pack, but nobody knows for sure.
Not that I didn't enjoy your story there, but Elves are like the epitome (<- shut up spellcheck, that is the correct spelling) of generic fantasy creatures... :)
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 22 Apr 2011, 10:30

Macros the Black wrote:Hmm. It would be weird to have an expansion with Dungeon, and then leave Sylvan out. Because how can you have dark elves without having regular elves?
I wouldn't mind a Dungeon without Dark Elves. :)

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 Apr 2011, 10:35

Darkström wrote:
Macros the Black wrote:Hmm. It would be weird to have an expansion with Dungeon, and then leave Sylvan out. Because how can you have dark elves without having regular elves?
Me neither, but I don't see that happening. Too much sex appeal in dark elves.
Infiltrator out.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 26 Apr 2011, 08:56

Infiltrator wrote:
Darkström wrote:
Me neither, but I don't see that happening. Too much sex appeal in dark elves.
The problem is the Ashan backstory. The Faceless are already almost extinct at this point, and the newly created Dark Elf faction is pretty much isolationist. Thus Dungeon really make no sense, unfortunately.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 26 Apr 2011, 09:16

I disagree, they could focus the expansion on the elves and how the dark elves split from them.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Apr 2011, 19:58

That would be nice, and they could add 2 Faction (Sylvan & Dungeon) for it, while maintaining the link between the factions used and the SP story like they seem to be for H6 vanilla...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mlai
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mlai » 02 May 2011, 07:20

I bet 5 dollars the new War/Wind Dancers will be female and will have jiggle physics.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 May 2011, 08:44

WRONG.

They'll make the Unicorns female... :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”