Your favourite faction?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which one are you most excited about?

Haven
14%
Inferno
4%
Necropolis
22%
Sanctuary
50%
Stronghold
10%

Total votes: 50

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 10 Apr 2011, 07:06

So with Sanctuary for example, the Shark Guard + Coral Priestess + Kappa are of roughly equal strength, while the Spring Spirit + Snow Maiden + Kenshi are again roughly equal, and the Kirin is stronger than everyone else?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Apr 2011, 12:30

Roughly speaking, that's right. But there can still be differences between tier creatures withing a faction, both in cost and strength. These differences then have to be present in all the factions, so that they all have "weak" and "strong" elite creatures, for instance. More likely than differences in actual strength, though, is a difference in properties - making sure that every creature has its particular strength. That enables you to play with different strategies and adapt to which creatures you have available. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 10 Apr 2011, 20:48

Fewtger wrote:So it's something like this:

the traditional tier 1&2 are core
the traditional tier 3, 4&5 are elite
the traditional tier 6&7 are champion

And now, tier1 ~ tier 2

correct?
More or less. But creatures get switched around, like the centaur.

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby admira99 » 14 Apr 2011, 03:03

as for the favorite faction, I would choose Sanctuary as it is fresh and IMHO Kensei is my favorite unit's design, Art-wise and 3D render-wise. However their Racial Skill looks a bit boring so Necropolis is my choice, new Champion, and the twist on Necromancy looks interesting not to mention how the racial will develop as advance class progression.

chachocueva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chachocueva » 22 Apr 2011, 04:28

I think, without having played the game, that Sanctuary is my favourite faction because of the "aura of honour" they seem to have. Besides, they take the role of nature creatures that sylvans leave, because they don't show up (i hope they do so soon).

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 25 Apr 2011, 11:14

Banedon wrote:8|

How are the units ordered then? If Radiant Glories belong to the elite group together with Sun Riders and Griffins, then the ordering looks random indeed ...
If you mean the ordering on the website - it appears to be fairly arbitrary except for Sanctuary, which is properly ordered. Not sure what they're playing at with that to be honest.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”