Your favourite faction?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which one are you most excited about?

Haven
14%
Inferno
4%
Necropolis
22%
Sanctuary
50%
Stronghold
10%

Total votes: 50

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Your favourite faction?

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Mar 2011, 17:35

So, since we now know all the 5 factions in Heroes VI, which one do you like the most? Which one are you looking forward to playing with?

Obviously, we don't know everything yet, so your votes wil be based on what we know so far.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Mar 2011, 17:43

I actually really like sanctuary's style so that gets my vote
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

intipacha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby intipacha » 12 Mar 2011, 17:51

yeah, Sanctuary actually has style. the other ones are generic and boring.

Kaxeon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaxeon » 12 Mar 2011, 19:58

Voted Inferno.

Brilliant artwork and the Pit Lord is finally top tier.

However, Stronghold looks better than ever, and the new Sanctuary is quite interesting as well.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 12 Mar 2011, 20:26

Voted sanctuary, mainly because it's the closest thing from my 2nd favorite town in H3 (fortress).
Infiltrator out.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 12 Mar 2011, 20:42

Sanctuary, the others are just so clichéd it's not funny.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 13 Mar 2011, 01:50

I don't know... Sanctuary is new, so it'll be interesting of course; but all in all I find the factions rather disappointing.

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 13 Mar 2011, 02:32

I think it's premature to have this poll. We haven't really played as the factions.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 13 Mar 2011, 02:50

The poll is 'which are you most excited about', not 'which do you prefer', so how they actually play doesn't come into it.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Mar 2011, 07:35

Well, not really surprise - new faction wins for me, so Sanctury. Next are Necropolis and Inferno.
Haven and Stronghold do not excite me at all. They easy could not be in game and I won't miss them.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 13 Mar 2011, 08:47

I think we need an option named "how would I know until I play the game?" ;)
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Kaxeon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaxeon » 13 Mar 2011, 08:53

Banedon wrote:I think we need an option named "how would I know until I play the game?" ;)
Why would you need such an option, when the question is which "which are you the most excited about?". It basically comes down to which of the five towns you think look most interesting.

Of course, you may be disappointed when the game is realeased ;)

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 13 Mar 2011, 12:31

For now i really feel like Sanctuary is my favorite. Mostly because it stands out from the "regular" factions like inferno and haven and we all like new things, don't we? =)
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 13 Mar 2011, 13:51

Kaxeon wrote:
Banedon wrote:I think we need an option named "how would I know until I play the game?" ;)
Why would you need such an option, when the question is which "which are you the most excited about?". It basically comes down to which of the five towns you think look most interesting.

Of course, you may be disappointed when the game is realeased ;)
Title of the thread is "your favourite faction" ...
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 13 Mar 2011, 14:28

yes but if you would care to read Kalah's description you would read
Kalah wrote:which one do you like the most? Which one are you looking forward to playing with?
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 13 Mar 2011, 15:08

The answer to that's the same, however. I don't know which faction I'd like the most until I actually play the game; nor do I know which faction I'm most looking forward to play with because right now to me they're just that: factions. I don't know their strengths and weaknesses, I don't know how powerful each unit will be, I don't even know enough of game mechanics. So yeah until then, I can't make a choice.

Kaxeon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaxeon » 13 Mar 2011, 16:22

Banedon wrote:The answer to that's the same, however. I don't know which faction I'd like the most until I actually play the game; nor do I know which faction I'm most looking forward to play with because right now to me they're just that: factions. I don't know their strengths and weaknesses, I don't know how powerful each unit will be, I don't even know enough of game mechanics. So yeah until then, I can't make a choice.
So you are unable to make a decision about the artwork of each town, and you have no preferences regarding the races? You do not have any town/race/faction you traditionally like or feel somehow connected to based on previous or other games?

Thats pretty weird :P

This game is not all about gameplay.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 14 Mar 2011, 00:58

Yeow...buch of fans curious 'bout the new faction.
Yup I my self put them as number two in my list. The atmosphere, balance defense and attack, water magic, etc.
But, my first choise goes to Stronghold. They've good lines up, attack skill, and creatures ability sounds interesting, especeially cyclops and Elite tiers.
We'll see...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 14 Mar 2011, 01:05

A bit surprising maybe, but imo the best looking faction so far is Haven. Yes, Haven. I'm really digging the roman/greek influence. After that it's Sanctuary obviously. The others look boring to me... Still no Behemoths, some stupid spider creature for Necropolis and Pit Fiends as top tier unit? No thanks.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 14 Mar 2011, 08:36

Sanctuary, since they're new, and we all know how to play Stronghold, Haven and Necro (and we know to avoid Inferno).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”