Minimum & Recommended system requirement

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jul 2011, 14:37

Well the whole thing was about graphical capabilities... so try not to clean the relevant stuff.

Anyway, the game is still too buggy atm to be able to tell the min reqs, but it works very well on my 3 year old rig at max, so it's not that demanding... lack of AA and screwed up V-Sync notwithstanding.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 03 Jul 2011, 14:04

That's good to hear. Guess, it doesn't sound that bad after all (the requirements did sound a bit high to me). I hope the final product runs fine even on minimum requirements.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jul 2011, 16:04

TheUndeadKing wrote:(the requirements did sound a bit high to me)
2Gb RAM and a 512 video card where standard years ago... DD2 is dirt cheap anyway...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 04 Jul 2011, 12:32

Sorry, but "512MB video card" is too vague to take seriously. Which performs better: 512MB GeForce 7600 or 320MB GeForce 8800? And since we're talking about a strategy game, you can survive with just 1GB RAM if you still use Windows XP. RAM is indeed cheap though, I'll give you that.

But when it comes to the most important part (the CPU), a complete system upgrade is inevitable, which is not cheap if you're doing it just for one game.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jul 2011, 15:08

TheUndeadKing wrote: Which performs better: 512MB GeForce 7600 or 320MB GeForce 8800?
Whichever lets you run the game...

TheUndeadKing wrote: But when it comes to the most important part (the CPU), a complete system upgrade is inevitable, which is not cheap if you're doing it just for one game.
If your MB is that old that you can't use a new CPU on it then you need a system upgrade anyway...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 04 Jul 2011, 21:59

ThunderTitan wrote:Whichever lets you run the game...
Well, technically, even an integrated graphic chipset can "run" the game just fine, as long as it provides some very basic support of shading & lighting capabilities. Would it perform well (as in, to be playable without feeling like a slide show)? Nope.
ThunderTitan wrote:If your MB is that old that you can't use a new CPU on it then you need a system upgrade anyway...
Yeah, but the question is, would you upgrade it just for H6?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jul 2011, 22:50

I have not read all of the posts, but I thought H6 was supposed to run better than H5, on the same system?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Jul 2011, 15:41

The only thing I dread is the loading time when the AI is playing, specially on a large map. If that's optimized, I'd be glad.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 06 Jul 2011, 16:45

AI turns go very fast, it's one of their main points of concern
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Jul 2011, 17:07

Mirez wrote:AI turns go very fast, it's one of their main points of concern
Not when you're allied to them they don't.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jul 2011, 21:43

Variol wrote:I have not read all of the posts, but I thought H6 was supposed to run better than H5, on the same system?
Well H5 ran bdly on some systems that where way more powerful the it min reqs...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”