Are you really hyped?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Are you really hyped?

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 13 Feb 2011, 16:49

Lots of years has passed since Tribes of the East, i wanna know if you are truly hyped.

Probably i buy the game if the reviews are good, i really want this game to be good but i just don't think we will see Heroes 3 again, i think VI will be as slow as V, lots of bugs at first same as V, the roster bad, the resources looks bad, really i just don't see any good thing, i would say graphics but better graphics means slower gameplay.

Maybe i'm exagerating but well i guess i loved III way too much.
Oh Hypocrisy! A world full of n00bs Indeed!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Feb 2011, 16:55

Not yet.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Feb 2011, 16:59

Better graphics only mean slower gameplay if the devs suck...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 13 Feb 2011, 17:49

I was hyped when the game was announced. But after seeing most faction line-ups I'm kind of disappointed.

I don't think they should make a new H2 or H3, but they should at least try to capture the feel of it.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 13 Feb 2011, 18:11

Nah. Not really. Not to mention there's very little revealed to be hyped about anyway.
Infiltrator out.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 13 Feb 2011, 18:49

Not at all.
In fact, some new features did turn me down. The demo will show more and if there will be no demo, then no money for you, Ubisoft.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Feb 2011, 19:00

No.
I'm disappointed. No by game itself, by what Ubi is doing (or rather what Ubisoft Strategic Marketing Dept. is NOT doing) to keep "hype" for this game.

Also HVI has new features like Control Zones, Reputation, Achivements, Skill Trees and many more - and what we know about these new features? Nearly nothing.
Are they that bad, so Ubi not release any information about them?
I thought you always want to show your new "stuff" but in HVI case I see, it is opposite way.
(yes,I know - Strategic Marketing Dept. has a "plan" for revealing features - I only hope it is not like Cylons' plan from BSG where at the end, there was no plan at all :P).

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 13 Feb 2011, 19:09

Well, a little bit to be honest. BUT i want to know some more stuff before i decide to get more hyped or not.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 13 Feb 2011, 20:38

The faction line-up and artwork was a hype killer for me.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 13 Feb 2011, 21:41

I like the artwork. Most of it anyway.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Feb 2011, 10:01

Okay, I'll be the first one to say I AM hyped, though I'm also guarded a fair amount. :)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 14 Feb 2011, 15:29

Guess lots of people like me are quite dissapointed about the factions, i mean they removed the most populars factions, lets wait for a demo so we can see if this game is worth our time and money.

And this year we have tons of great games like Marvel vs Capcom 3, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, TES5: Skyrhim, FallOut Vegas, Last Guardian and much more...
Oh Hypocrisy! A world full of n00bs Indeed!

Kranyum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kranyum » 14 Feb 2011, 21:20

Not at all.

All they've shown is "shiny" new graphics, artwork and nothing else. I really didnt like H5 graphics that much (especially because of the major slowdowns) and this one is pretty similar.

Gameplay wise they havent showed absolutely anything about how they are going to make it fun and innovative to play.

Replayability seems really poor with only 10 announced singleplayer maps, no RMG and no mirrored multiplayer maps.

The factions conceptually speaking have never been more boring with Inferno and Stronghold basically being resumed as "Some Mean Red Guys" and respectively "Some Big Angry Guys"

Its not that hard to make an exciting Heroes game for me. Take Heroes 4, slap some of the good stuff from Heroes 3 (mostly the combat screen) and u have a great thing to build upon.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 14 Feb 2011, 22:15

Kranyum wrote:Take Heroes 4, slap some of the good stuff from Heroes 3 (mostly the combat screen) and u have a great thing to build upon.
I'm pretty sure most of us would take Heroes 3, improve balance, hero diversity/advancement, and to top it off by drinking a potion that makes us think Heroes 4 was just a bad dream.
Infiltrator out.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Feb 2011, 22:42

Aerosoldier wrote:Lots of years has passed since Tribes of the East, i wanna know if you are truly hyped.
Ah, no! You must be young to think its been a long time. The nightmares of H-5 still plague some of us.
Infiltrator wrote: I'm pretty sure most of us would take Heroes 3, improve balance, hero diversity/advancement, and to top it off by drinking a potion that makes us think Heroes 4 was just a bad dream.
Again no, this series needs to move well past H-3 remakes. I'd rather play an H-IV fixed and released with updated graphics. I loved H-3, but H-3/5; been there, done that, decided not to buy the tee shirt when H-5 disappointed. :vomit:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 15 Feb 2011, 01:48

Infiltrator wrote:I'm pretty sure most of us would take Heroes 3, improve balance, hero diversity/advancement
Guess what, Nival gave you just what you wanted, guys.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 15 Feb 2011, 01:53

TheUndeadKing wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:I'm pretty sure most of us would take Heroes 3, improve balance, hero diversity/advancement
Guess what, Nival gave you just what you wanted, guys.
No :disagree:
Infiltrator out.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Feb 2011, 02:12

It really does sadden me to said this, but i actually wish this game were made for the PS3, or whatever, but not PC. That way, there would not even be a temptation for me.

But, I also still hold out hope, that will get a big surprise...

intipacha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby intipacha » 15 Feb 2011, 07:00

i'm so hyped i just can't wait to pirate the game and and give my contribution to financially damaging the bastards.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Feb 2011, 07:08

Those bastards are working on delivering you a good game.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”