Cyclops

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 232
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Cyclops

Postby ecsunotos » Feb 7 2011, 9:56

HoMM VI Cyclops looks like will become a very frightening and vicious creatures :
- Slam (Basic & Upgrade)
- Sunder (Basic)
- Mighty Slam (Upgrade)
- Impervious to Pain (Upgrade)
- Burning Rage (Upgrade)

Wow, I love it !!! :devil:
as for Impervious to Pain, what will the ability be ?
It said : Cyclops capacity to continue fighting even after it has been killed is not due to a mental deficiency but simply the fact that it is impervious to pain.
any one can figure it out ?
Last edited by ecsunotos on Feb 7 2011, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 1823
Joined: 22 Nov 2005

Postby Pitsu » Feb 7 2011, 11:01

ecsunotos wrote:It said : Cyclops capacity to continue fighting even after it has been killed is not due to a mental deficiency but simply the fact that it is impervious to pain.
any one can figure it out ?


I would guess that they retaliate before damage done to them is applied. So that enemy cannot kill them in melee without taking retaliation damage.
Avatar image credit: N Lüdimois

User avatar
klaymen
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 527
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Piestany (Slovakia)

Postby klaymen » Feb 7 2011, 11:25

Or they have a incoming damage reduction (maybe only physical, all or w/e), be it a flat out numbe or a percentage.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

User avatar
ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 232
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby ecsunotos » Feb 7 2011, 11:34

Pitsu wrote:
ecsunotos wrote:It said : Cyclops capacity to continue fighting even after it has been killed is not due to a mental deficiency but simply the fact that it is impervious to pain.
any one can figure it out ?


I would guess that they retaliate before damage done to them is applied. So that enemy cannot kill them in melee without taking retaliation damage.


What about the words "... continue fighting even after it HAS BEEN KILLED ..." ?
Is it when a stack of cyclopses receive the last attack and it makes cyclop's HP reach zero ( HP = 0 ), the stack can still do the retaliation, but then die ?
The point is even the HP = 0 they can still make one more retaliation for this last attack they receive..
any other idea ?

User avatar
Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord
Posts: 1249
Joined: 05 Sep 2008

Postby Variol » Feb 7 2011, 12:32

ecsunotos wrote:
Pitsu wrote:
ecsunotos wrote:It said : Cyclops capacity to continue fighting even after it has been killed is not due to a mental deficiency but simply the fact that it is impervious to pain.
any one can figure it out ?


I would guess that they retaliate before damage done to them is applied. So that enemy cannot kill them in melee without taking retaliation damage.


What about the words "... continue fighting even after it HAS BEEN KILLED ..." ?
Is it when a stack of cyclopses receive the last attack and it makes cyclop's HP reach zero ( HP = 0 ), the stack can still do the retaliation, but then die ?
The point is even the HP = 0 they can still make one more retaliation for this last attack they receive..
any other idea ?


I would say this is probably correct. But it could also be that this is some immunity to a special attack, which one or more enemies could have.

User avatar
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2704
Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere deep in the Caribbean...
Contact:

Postby Metathron » Feb 7 2011, 13:56

Or it could just be clumsy wording and it ends up meaning something completely different.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

User avatar
Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 1336
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: right behind the next one

Postby Thelonious » Feb 7 2011, 22:13

Personally I'd prefer a Behemoth or a wyvern over a cyclops. But yeah, the ability to still fight once they're dead seems intruging to me to...
Grah!

User avatar
Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 20020
Joined: 24 Nov 2005

Postby Kalah » Feb 7 2011, 22:54

I think the cyclops looks good (not the upgrade; too any horns), and I like the idea of using it as a siege engine.

I hope it's very slow to move on the field, and that it can't aim properly. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

User avatar
ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 232
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby ecsunotos » Feb 8 2011, 1:04

Kalah wrote:I think the cyclops looks good (not the upgrade; too any horns), and I like the idea of using it as a siege engine.

I hope it's very slow to move on the field, and that it can't aim properly. :)


Agree for your every single words... ;)
- Cyclops 3D graphics ( the basic one ) looks so real, natural, mean, vicious. I love their skin texture. Although their artworks looks terrible to me :baby:
- Interesting idea using them as a siege engine. When you have such big and strong creature that can throw big rocks to hit the castle wall, why so busy to build catapult / trebuchet ? or maybe orcs have never learn such technology in the school ... :)
- With those abilities, they've to be so slow to make them balance

User avatar
Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 1336
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: right behind the next one

Postby Thelonious » Feb 8 2011, 17:35

They are the siege units - as in the are the catapult :P

Do admit the basic cyclops looks ok - but I wasn't talking about looks. More on interesting unit's I'd like to see.
Grah!

User avatar
Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 251
Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Location: Neidhaart

Postby Neidhaart » Feb 8 2011, 20:26

Kalah wrote:I think the cyclops looks good (not the upgrade; too any horns), and I like the idea of using it as a siege engine.

I hope it's very slow to move on the field, and that it can't aim properly. :)


I agree, i find it a very interesting concept to use them as a sigemachine.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

User avatar
vicheron
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 403
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby vicheron » Feb 8 2011, 21:03

They were able to throw their rocks at castle walls in Heroes 3.

User avatar
Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 20020
Joined: 24 Nov 2005

Postby Kalah » Feb 8 2011, 21:13

Yes.

I would like to develop the idea of inaccuracy. I love logics. ;)

I think it should have poor depth perception, i.e. not be very good at judging range. When the boulder hits the ground, it could "bounce", causing damage to units behind the square of initial impact.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

User avatar
Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 251
Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Location: Neidhaart

Postby Neidhaart » Feb 8 2011, 22:09

vicheron wrote:They were able to throw their rocks at castle walls in Heroes 3.


It was a long time since i played H3, but could you also have a catapult?
"I did put the fires out."

"You made them worse!"

"Worse?!... Or better?"

User avatar
Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord
Posts: 1249
Joined: 05 Sep 2008

Postby Variol » Feb 8 2011, 22:37

Hey, the H3 cyclops could throw at the wall too, right?

Edit:
oops, sorry vicheron, I typed too fast. ;|

MattII
Demon
Demon
Posts: 309
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: New Zealand

Postby MattII » Feb 8 2011, 23:18

Neidhaart wrote:It was a long time since i played H3, but could you also have a catapult?
The Catapult was the usual weapon, the Cyclops was only really available to Stronghold.

Darkström
Scout
Scout
Posts: 198
Joined: 30 Aug 2010

Postby Darkström » Feb 8 2011, 23:49

It's kinda nice that they use both the H1/2/5 cyclops and the H3/4 cyclops.

User avatar
ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 232
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby ecsunotos » Feb 9 2011, 2:33

I like the idea of Cyclops being a dumb/stupid creature in champion tiers. It gives 'fresh' atmosphere to the champion tiers that traditionally was the most charismatic creature among the lines up.
But I'm still confused for cyclops as a catapult. Either :
- In non town siege battle : cyclops used as a troops but in town siege battle cyclops used as a catapult and no cyclops arround as a troops, or
- Catapult Cyclops is a standard battle property for Stronghold : so, even stronghold doesn't have any cyclops dwelling they can still have a cyclops as catapult. Then when they can recruit cyclops from dwelling, they have stacks of Cyclops as troops and a Cyclop as a catapult. :|

Which one do you think will be applied to the game ? ;|

User avatar
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord
Posts: 1204
Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Location: Sofia - Vulgaria

Postby parcaleste » Feb 9 2011, 3:04

I think the "catapult" one is too wild/mad/out of control to be left on the battle field, cause he'll do more damage to the friendly army first, than the enemy army. That is why it is chained for the big rocks.



... plus it is just ONE creature, not a stack of lots, hordes, or legions. :P

User avatar
Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 251
Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Location: Neidhaart

Postby Neidhaart » Feb 9 2011, 8:41

MattII wrote:
Neidhaart wrote:It was a long time since i played H3, but could you also have a catapult?
The Catapult was the usual weapon, the Cyclops was only really available to Stronghold.



I really should replay Heroes 3 soon =)
"I did put the fires out."

"You made them worse!"

"Worse?!... Or better?"


Return to “Heroes V-VI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests