Cyclops

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Cyclops

Unread postby ecsunotos » 07 Feb 2011, 09:56

HoMM VI Cyclops looks like will become a very frightening and vicious creatures :
- Slam (Basic & Upgrade)
- Sunder (Basic)
- Mighty Slam (Upgrade)
- Impervious to Pain (Upgrade)
- Burning Rage (Upgrade)

Wow, I love it !!! :devil:
as for Impervious to Pain, what will the ability be ?
It said : Cyclops capacity to continue fighting even after it has been killed is not due to a mental deficiency but simply the fact that it is impervious to pain.
any one can figure it out ?
Last edited by ecsunotos on 07 Feb 2011, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 07 Feb 2011, 11:01

ecsunotos wrote: It said : Cyclops capacity to continue fighting even after it has been killed is not due to a mental deficiency but simply the fact that it is impervious to pain.
I would guess that they retaliate before damage done to them is applied. So that enemy cannot kill them in melee without taking retaliation damage.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 07 Feb 2011, 11:25

Or they have a incoming damage reduction (maybe only physical, all or w/e), be it a flat out numbe or a percentage.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 07 Feb 2011, 11:34

Pitsu wrote:
ecsunotos wrote: It said : Cyclops capacity to continue fighting even after it has been killed is not due to a mental deficiency but simply the fact that it is impervious to pain.
I would guess that they retaliate before damage done to them is applied. So that enemy cannot kill them in melee without taking retaliation damage.
What about the words "... continue fighting even after it HAS BEEN KILLED ..." ?
Is it when a stack of cyclopses receive the last attack and it makes cyclop's HP reach zero ( HP = 0 ), the stack can still do the retaliation, but then die ?
The point is even the HP = 0 they can still make one more retaliation for this last attack they receive..
any other idea ?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 07 Feb 2011, 12:32

ecsunotos wrote:
Pitsu wrote:
What about the words "... continue fighting even after it HAS BEEN KILLED ..." ?
Is it when a stack of cyclopses receive the last attack and it makes cyclop's HP reach zero ( HP = 0 ), the stack can still do the retaliation, but then die ?
The point is even the HP = 0 they can still make one more retaliation for this last attack they receive..
any other idea ?
I would say this is probably correct. But it could also be that this is some immunity to a special attack, which one or more enemies could have.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Feb 2011, 13:56

Or it could just be clumsy wording and it ends up meaning something completely different.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 07 Feb 2011, 22:13

Personally I'd prefer a Behemoth or a wyvern over a cyclops. But yeah, the ability to still fight once they're dead seems intruging to me to...
Grah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Feb 2011, 22:54

I think the cyclops looks good (not the upgrade; too any horns), and I like the idea of using it as a siege engine.

I hope it's very slow to move on the field, and that it can't aim properly. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 08 Feb 2011, 01:04

Kalah wrote:I think the cyclops looks good (not the upgrade; too any horns), and I like the idea of using it as a siege engine.

Agree for your every single words... ;)
- Cyclops 3D graphics ( the basic one ) looks so real, natural, mean, vicious. I love their skin texture. Although their artworks looks terrible to me :baby:
- Interesting idea using them as a siege engine. When you have such big and strong creature that can throw big rocks to hit the castle wall, why so busy to build catapult / trebuchet ? or maybe orcs have never learn such technology in the school ... :)
- With those abilities, they've to be so slow to make them balance

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 08 Feb 2011, 17:35

They are the siege units - as in the are the catapult :P

Do admit the basic cyclops looks ok - but I wasn't talking about looks. More on interesting unit's I'd like to see.
Grah!

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 08 Feb 2011, 20:26

Kalah wrote:I think the cyclops looks good (not the upgrade; too any horns), and I like the idea of using it as a siege engine.

I agree, i find it a very interesting concept to use them as a sigemachine.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 08 Feb 2011, 21:03

They were able to throw their rocks at castle walls in Heroes 3.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Feb 2011, 21:13

Yes.

I would like to develop the idea of inaccuracy. I love logics. ;)

I think it should have poor depth perception, i.e. not be very good at judging range. When the boulder hits the ground, it could "bounce", causing damage to units behind the square of initial impact.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 08 Feb 2011, 22:09

vicheron wrote:They were able to throw their rocks at castle walls in Heroes 3.
It was a long time since i played H3, but could you also have a catapult?
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Feb 2011, 22:37

Hey, the H3 cyclops could throw at the wall too, right?

Edit:
oops, sorry vicheron, I typed too fast. ;|

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 08 Feb 2011, 23:18

Neidhaart wrote:It was a long time since i played H3, but could you also have a catapult?
The Catapult was the usual weapon, the Cyclops was only really available to Stronghold.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 08 Feb 2011, 23:49

It's kinda nice that they use both the H1/2/5 cyclops and the H3/4 cyclops.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 09 Feb 2011, 02:33

I like the idea of Cyclops being a dumb/stupid creature in champion tiers. It gives 'fresh' atmosphere to the champion tiers that traditionally was the most charismatic creature among the lines up.
But I'm still confused for cyclops as a catapult. Either :
- In non town siege battle : cyclops used as a troops but in town siege battle cyclops used as a catapult and no cyclops arround as a troops, or
- Catapult Cyclops is a standard battle property for Stronghold : so, even stronghold doesn't have any cyclops dwelling they can still have a cyclops as catapult. Then when they can recruit cyclops from dwelling, they have stacks of Cyclops as troops and a Cyclop as a catapult. :|

Which one do you think will be applied to the game ? ;|

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 Feb 2011, 03:04

I think the "catapult" one is too wild/mad/out of control to be left on the battle field, cause he'll do more damage to the friendly army first, than the enemy army. That is why it is chained for the big rocks.

... plus it is just ONE creature, not a stack of lots, hordes, or legions. :P

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 09 Feb 2011, 08:41

MattII wrote:
Neidhaart wrote:It was a long time since i played H3, but could you also have a catapult?
The Catapult was the usual weapon, the Cyclops was only really available to Stronghold.

I really should replay Heroes 3 soon =)
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Return to “Heroes V-VI”