New unofical AI patche for h5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Jul 2011, 18:55

Well, I guess I fucked something in the process, because the other (Aladv) files are not opening the game for me. They will only load the starting screen and that is. It throws me out of the game, even though I am pretty sure some time ago I played via the Aladv exes.

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 13 Jul 2011, 07:09

What can you possibly do wrong copying two files into the /bin directory?

Maybe someone can help you in our bugs thread: Bugs and known issues

If all things fail, I recommend a clean reinstall, no mods. It might also be a good idea to do a virus check on your PC, check drivers and so on.

markkur
Demon
Demon

WE are up to the "i" version with the A.I.

Unread postby markkur » 15 Oct 2011, 07:08

I encourage all that have not tried the new A.I or an earlier version and if you liked H5 but felt the A.I. lacked ...things are very different now.

I've been Beta-testing the last few releases and H5 is a lot of fun to play now. A lot has changed.

Check out Q's E.E. site too if you've not been there in a while.

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 15 Oct 2011, 13:02

3.1i is out. Enjoy the incredible Power of Dragons and an array of substantial improvements. The Heroes V experience is different now.

---

Current stable build:
3.1i public release (10.5 MB)

Project website:
Heroes 5.5 - Eternal Essence

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 23 Oct 2011, 09:20

I re-state here that playing Heroes V with Q's patch really makes a difference. I remember being highly frusrated with H5 before I learned of this splendid fan made patch. Want to try out the patch yourself? I encourage you to do so. "Seeing is believing."

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Eternal Essence has a new forum!

Unread postby markkur » 30 Oct 2011, 02:37

I re-state here that playing Heroes V with Q's patch really makes a difference. I remember being highly frusrated with H5 before I learned of this splendid fan made patch.

Cheers and TY Yurian, on behalf of "Q" . If there are any doubters let them try and run my Power of Dragons with the old vanilla A.I.

I should add that this is not a patch; it's Q's own A.I built from the ground-up and adapted to this game we enjoy. :)

Also @all ; public release "J" is out and here's more big news. Eternal Essence now has it's own forum which will greatly improve all communications and help Quantomas save some time in working on the future development of E.E.

http://forum.eternal-essence.com/mybb/

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Nov 2011, 17:37

I reinstalled the game and put directly the last patch, but now it seems to crashes in every couple saves. Is this a common bug or I pooped up something while installing (ha-ha).

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 07 Nov 2011, 23:45

parcaleste wrote:I reinstalled the game and put directly the last patch, but now it seems to crashes in every couple saves. Is this a common bug or I pooped up something while installing (ha-ha).
Everytime I install the latest version of the A.I. ( "J" atm), I delete previous saves and also make sure only the map I want to play is in the maps folder. I never have crashes. I also don't use any Mods.

There are some Mods that are OK I guess. They are listed at the E.E. website.

Good luck

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Flying Gremlin Bug

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 28 Jan 2012, 23:57

Here's a weird H5 bug that appears on my Win7 based system, empowered by a Geforce GT420. I'm using the latest AI mod by Q released last October (2011). The screen resolution is 1920x1080. No other mods are installed nor are any maps which include altered content besides maps made by markkur.
This is the "Flying Gremlin Bug" I told you about in another thread.
See for yourself (seeing is believing, right?).

I wonder what may be causing the bug?

-Yurian

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 29 Jan 2012, 00:26

I am also using Win7.

My first guess would be that the 3D model for this tower is somehow not loaded into the video memory. Typically bugs of this type are too complex to analyze these in detail (graphics hardware, drivers, operating system). But a simple test with another graphics card could help to determine whether it's that or something else.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

markkur
Demon
Demon

Win 7 too

Unread postby markkur » 01 Feb 2012, 03:09

I am running Win7 64 and using 1920 x 1080 and I've never seen this either. However, I don't have a great video-card, just decent on-board.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 08 Feb 2012, 19:01

Quantomas wrote:But a simple test with another graphics card could help to determine whether it's that or something else.
Here's a screenshot from another testing session with another computer with these specifics:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
System Memory 2047.8
Processor Speed 1653.1
DirectX Version 10.0
Display Device NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
Display Memory 256.0
Display Resolution 1280x1024

And what do you know? The bug doesn't show itself! Everything's fine.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 08 Feb 2012, 19:12

Seems Q is right.

You have a better video card than I do and I know from experience in the past; sometimes the better cards can have some glitches with an older game. That has to be it... since we have the same... everything else. I have 6 GB Ram but you probably have that too or more.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Bug found while playing under 1280x1024 res

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 08 Feb 2012, 20:06

@ markkur: Yes, Q is most likely spot-on right in his quick analyze of the situation. The older video card and the older operation system used in test #2 produced no errors and the "Flying Gremlin" bug wasn't there. It could indeed be related to that Win 7 and newer video card issue. Heroes 5 was meant to be played under Win XP and not Win 7. And also, I might add that I always use the latest available graphics card drivers downloaded from the respective company's own web site. (Nvidia for GeForce)

"I have 6 GB Ram but you probably have that too or more."

My Win 7 based system has also 6GB Ram while it can be upgraded to a maximum of 8GB Ram. My older computer, based on Win XP, has currently 2GB Ram installed while the maximum amount of Ram it can use is 4GB.

I did run into a new bug while playing Q's "J" version. The resolution used here is again the 1280x1024 as in the previous test, but as you may see in this picture's lower right corner, the graphics are twisted. This "twisting" appears in while visiting cities and on the battle field. q may want to investigate this phenomen further. Please note that I used a fresh H5 TotE 3.1 installation and then Q's "J" AI Mod.

With solidarity,

Yurian

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 08 Feb 2012, 20:42

That's a known issue listed at our site. Resolutions that are not 4:3 and not widescreen, but rather highscreen. Workaround: set the in-game resolution to 4:3.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 26 Sep 2012, 23:07

Is there a way to adjust all the individual difficulty settings in this mod for the default Ubisoft campaigns? I'm only seeing the old 'Easy/Normal/Hard/Heroic' difficulty dropdown list, but the AI does seem to be acting different from about 5 minutes of playing around in one of the campaigns.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 10 Oct 2012, 13:52

Sorry, I missed this.

Are you not seeing any of the "additional options" like "Taxes or Look-Ahead" at camp-start?

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 19 Oct 2012, 22:17

Nope, none at all, but I do see them for all the custom maps.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 20 Oct 2012, 15:18

In that case I doubt that the options are available in the standard camp-modes. I've not played campaigns so I don't know that for sure. It "may" be that the camp-window bypasses that part of the A.I. since i.e. Iirc, the maps for the original campaigns do not show in the custom map folder.

{thinking in text :D; I wonder if you were to place each camp-map into the map folder and proceed "one at a time"? I do recall that some scripts may not work, so this is probably not an ideal work-around but it could be some fun on a map-to-map basis.}

I know that others have played the original campaigns and found them more challenging but I don't remember this topic being a part of that discussion. Maybe you could investigate further @ the EE site?

Btw, did you try the LotA's-camp, books 1&2? I know the maps for those have to be placed in the maps folder, so i am wondering if the options are there for a fan-made campaign?

Sorry I couldn't help more.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 24 Jul 2013, 05:50

I am trying to get the cheats works (because of the constant Memory Mentor), but forgot to do the trick before installing the patch and now I'm stuck - it doesn't work. Is there any trick about it here?... or I have to reinstall the game. :(

Return to “Heroes V-VI”