New unofical AI patche for h5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 24 Jul 2013, 13:06

Iirc, that's a new question, so I don't know.

Sounds like a re-install but since it's a mod, it will depend on how it was set-up whether it will work with Q's A.I.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 13 Sep 2013, 10:39

I always forget to put this one here, but it seems like in your patch the Champion Charge of the Champions is not working - it never hits the target in the back.

Tyber Zann
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tyber Zann » 14 Sep 2013, 00:19

I'd say the biggest problems with the default A.I. are.

1) always rushing in combat. They barely ever sit back and shoot, they always charge out and break formation. Easy pickins

2) scout chasing. This works every time. Use an auxiliary hero to lure the enemy hero out of town, then fight them on even ground.

3) Default targeting. The A.I. tries to target the biggest threat, but this can be fooled. A large-ish group of shooters will almost always take the enemies long range hits, magic, and flyer rushes. This leaves ur more cumbersome heavy hitters free to strike at their leasure. Depending on the situation, this can win u a tough map.
(Last fight of a mission where casualties don't matter)

4) counter magic. I cast haste, they cast slow. I cast puppet master, they dispel/vampirate. U can almost tell them what to cast by using your magic as the trigger. A lot of times, ill keep casting haste just to keep them from casting anything other than slow. Works with elementals and banish if they have it.

5) odd tactics set up. Shooters in the corner? What planet are u from?!? For some reason they usually put their shooters/casters in the middle, with guards on either side. Then, when they start running at you, you can hit their ranged dudes from either side, rather than one. Once in a rare while they descide to put em in the corner.

6) RETREAT!!! This one is probably the worst. Even on heroic, once ur army becomes powerful enough reletive to their "best" hero (as shown in the tavern), they basically just run from every fight. Ud think they'd do their darnedest to inflict as many casualties as possible before just ditching the whole army.
Maybe even certain factions. Like, demons and undead dont fear death, so they'll fight it out to the end, but living, non demonics will fight till they get close to death, then run, or surrender and hand over some dough.

I'm sure there's more, and the funny thing is iv gotten used to this. I incorporate these things into my strategies.
I just may try this A.I. patch. Is it battles only, or battles and map?

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 14 Sep 2013, 13:56

parcaleste wrote:I always forget to put this one here, but it seems like in your patch the Champion Charge of the Champions is not working - it never hits the target in the back.
That's odd, I seldom use the Champions but just a couple of days ago I did and they struck twice. Once it was when the A.I. did that "make my Dragon's hit my own troops thing". I was surprised when the Champions did the same. thing. As I said, I've not used them much. :D

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Sep 2013, 14:03

It's the second time uninstall and install the game and the patch and both times had the same problem.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 14 Sep 2013, 16:03

Ok, thanks, fyi, I went to EE and looked at the bugs-list there and it is in the reported-list.

I have no idea why mine apparently works , so I'm curious, did it ever work for you or has it been a no-go from day 1?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Sep 2013, 20:53

I am not playing really often with Haven, but I don't remember see it working.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 15 Sep 2013, 23:08

I think this is a good example of why Q went back to square one; there are just too many unknowns that affect things for some people and yet not affect others.

One big bug of mine; (it remains a mystery) is that my in-game Screenshot just quit working. For whatever reason, no one else seems to be affected but I've re-installed and it still persists. I can only make the shots from within the Editor, which is adequate but I'd rather have both.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Sep 2013, 23:24

My "windowed" mode is giving me trouble. I don't know if it's the mod, but I can not long scroll the screen by moving the cursor to the screen edge. It only works on 2 sides, because it does not quite fit my screen anymore.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 16 Sep 2013, 06:55

Don't know, I've never ran in windowed mode. What's your current screen resolution?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 16 Sep 2013, 08:51

1280x720
I have tried most (or all) of the others, but that one is the best.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 16 Sep 2013, 14:23

It's probably because the mouse just goes out of the game instead of colliding to the side. Google for a mouse-trapper. It's a tool some gamers use to keep their mouse in the game. Which can be very handy when you're using a dual monitor setup.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Return to “Heroes V-VI”