What? No Wizard faction?!?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 Feb 2011, 07:04

No Wizard Faction, no Elf Faction either??? Stupid boxy looking H5 graphics.

And still no word on what the DRM status will be. :tsdown:

I want to puke! :vomit:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 09 Feb 2011, 07:52

No Wizard Faction, no Elf Faction either??? Stupid boxy looking H5 graphics.
If graphic engine is faster than one in homm5 (and they promise it will be) then it's fine with me.
I too would want factions but if they limit them by 5 then of course not all can get in, but I am willing to initially live with less if they fulfill their promise that each race differs on scale that starcraft races do. In addition with town converting option I believe that initial town will play much bigger role in game than in previous installments.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 09 Feb 2011, 08:42

You could always put another faction into an expansion.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Feb 2011, 16:45

tress wrote: If graphic engine is faster than one in homm5 (and they promise it will be) then it's fine with me.
Well it's impossible to make it slower...

And as i recall Mark of Chaos only took a long time to load between missions, not within them...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 17 Feb 2011, 23:53

HodgePodge wrote:No Wizard Faction, no Elf Faction either??? Stupid boxy looking H5 graphics.

And still no word on what the DRM status will be. :tsdown:

I want to puke! :vomit:
I just don't see how you can leave out both and still expect us to accept it as a heroes game. :disagree:
Neidhaart wrote:You could always put another faction into an expansion.
Five factions to start is a cop out, and the suggestion that they can come in an expansion is validating their money grab. We may be forced to accept their marketing decisions, but let's not fool ourselves. It is a marketing decision. :mad:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Feb 2011, 00:25

jeff wrote:I just don't see how you can leave out both and still expect us to accept it as a heroes game. disagree
Jeff and HodgePodge, I believe my 4.5 year old niece is more open minded than that. :rolleyes:
Five factions to start is a cop out
Even if they end up playing significantly differently from each other? Quality over quantity? I'd rather take 5 of those over 10 "different" factions from one of the earlier games. However, if their promises fall flat, then I'll agree it was a cop out and a money grabbing stunt and won't buy the expansions.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 18 Feb 2011, 00:25

Only 10 maps is a cop-out, only 5 factions is understandable given the new tier setup (the Core an Elite tiers can have 1/3-1/3-1/3, or 1/2-1/4-1/4 in any of three setups, or 1/5-2/5-2/5 in like wise any 3 setups, or 3/5-1/5-1/5, etc.).

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Feb 2011, 01:42

Metathron wrote: Jeff and HodgePodge, I believe my 4.5 year old niece is more open minded than that. :rolleyes:

If your neice is willing to accept less than intelligent decisions please don't call it having an open mind. She just lacks experience. :butterfly:
Metathron wrote:Even if they end up playing significantly differently from each other? Quality over quantity? I'd rather take 5 of those over 10 "different" factions from one of the earlier games. However, if their promises fall flat, then I'll agree it was a cop out and a money grabbing stunt and won't buy the expansions.
It has nothing to do with quality versus quantity, we got far too little of both in H-V, I just don't want them to repeat history. If it takes them a bit longer to give us the elves and/or the wizards then so be it. If they use the five faction limit as being necessary so they could make their release date, then it is a cop out.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 18 Feb 2011, 02:11

I'm going to have to agree it sounds like a marketing decision to include the core factions in the expansions. Thinking how it's to "spice things up" or similar is just plain delusional, at least imo.
Infiltrator out.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 18 Feb 2011, 03:01

Infiltrator wrote:I'm going to have to agree it sounds like a marketing decision to include the core factions in the expansions. Thinking how it's to "spice things up" or similar is just plain delusional, at least imo.
They make a huge profit from expansions

Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 18 Feb 2011, 03:47

I doubt they add the 3 towns for one expansion, and it sucks to alredy know 3 possibles expansion towns, it kills the hype.
Oh Hypocrisy! A world full of n00bs Indeed!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Feb 2011, 07:26

jeff wrote:
Metathron wrote: Jeff and HodgePodge, I believe my 4.5 year old niece is more open minded than that. :rolleyes:

If your neice is willing to accept less than intelligent decisions please don't call it having an open mind. She just lacks experience. :butterfly:
Metathron wrote:Even if they end up playing significantly differently from each other? Quality over quantity? I'd rather take 5 of those over 10 "different" factions from one of the earlier games. However, if their promises fall flat, then I'll agree it was a cop out and a money grabbing stunt and won't buy the expansions.
It has nothing to do with quality versus quantity, we got far too little of both in H-V, I just don't want them to repeat history. If it takes them a bit longer to give us the elves and/or the wizards then so be it. If they use the five faction limit as being necessary so they could make their release date, then it is a cop out.
HoMM IV had six factions. The two expansions added zero factions. Was it a cop out? Did you buy them?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 07:35

2 factions per expansion and 2 expansions sounds about right to me... though more likely we'll see 1 town and 2 expansions unfortunately.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 18 Feb 2011, 10:02

I'm betting for two in the first (Sylvan and DElf/Dungeon) and one in the second (academy), or maybe Academy first and Sylvan and DElf second.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 18 Feb 2011, 10:21

MattII wrote:I'm betting for two in the first (Sylvan and DElf/Dungeon) and one in the second (academy), or maybe Academy first and Sylvan and DElf second.
I'm betting in every combination of those three coming in two expansions ... :D

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 18 Feb 2011, 11:33

ThunderTitan wrote:2 factions per expansion and 2 expansions sounds about right to me... though more likely we'll see 1 town and 2 expansions unfortunately.
Yea I wish we'd get 2 towns per exp. It's not too much to ask considering we've got just 5 to start out with, compared to EIGHT from H3.

They could fill out the factions with Warlock/Wizard/Rampart and the 4th one can be the REAL, swamp fortress.
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 11:44

Elves, Dark Elves and Wizards are still left of the initial H5 factions... and then there's Dwarfs... so there are enough official factions left anyway.

And they could always make a more hodge-podge nomad faction for the Air Dragon God... with the only human being a new version of the Nomad from H2,3&4. Thunderbird as champion.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 18 Feb 2011, 11:48

Well, it's already confirmed (I think :? ) of 7 factions + one Neutral, so if we get 4 in the first game then we are left with three to go...

... and then the Neutrals - I'm pretty sure the story of Ashan will end this way - at the End of Days the Neutrals will get pissed off of the other factions little wars and will wipe the map of them.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Feb 2011, 18:32

How many factions do you guys want, anyway? I hear some people arguing for two more per expansion, totalling nine. I don't mind that there is no wizard faction to begin with, and I'd rather see it in an expansion (or not at all) since we know it plays a part 400 years later.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 19:01

Metathron wrote: HoMM IV had six factions. The two expansions added zero factions. Was it a cop out? Did you buy them?
The expansions where desperate attempts at getting more money in a hopeless attempt at staving off insolvency for 3DO... hardly the type of thing we should look at as an example.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”