What? No Wizard faction?!?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Cerulean0987
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

What? No Wizard faction?!?

Unread postby Cerulean0987 » 31 Jan 2011, 02:54

I will be VERY disappointed if there is no wizard faction. I've loved and played them them since the beginning! Heroes is just not heroes without titans, mages, and gremlins.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 31 Jan 2011, 06:08

There were no wizards in the first Heroes game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jan 2011, 08:20

As long as they add them in an expansion i'm fine with it...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 31 Jan 2011, 08:59

vicheron wrote:There were no wizards in the first Heroes game.
<Captain Obvious>He could love them since the beginning of his "HoMM career", which could start later than in HoMM1.</Captain Obvious>
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jan 2011, 10:30

Well from the beginning is a rather general term, and could even mean he started with H5 if we take it as his beginning with the series...

So mentioning H1 didn't have Wiz is the most prudent thing.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 31 Jan 2011, 11:39

That was my point. Next time I should use some pointy stick to make it more obvious.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jan 2011, 11:58

And my point was that vicheron was right to say what he did...

Also, i'm always using the pointy stick... you guys just seem to have gotten too used to it...

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 Jan 2011, 16:33

Cerulean mentioned gremlins, which were not in H2. This implies that the earliest wizard faction s/he is talking about is H3.

Kranyum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kranyum » 31 Jan 2011, 19:13

meh wizard faction was just some units slapped together with no synergy or strategy (except maybe around a heavy ranged comp) empowered only by the powerful spellcaster hero.

If u ask me the dungeon was better as the magic faction than the academy.

We'll just have to see but I cant say I'll miss the Wizards in their previous incarnation

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Feb 2011, 07:34

What are you on about?! Tower ranged units + Naga tank = win...

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 07 Feb 2011, 22:34

ThunderTitan wrote:Also, i'm always using the pointy stick... you guys just seem to have gotten too used to it...
Or your stick has broken but you didn't notice. For that matter it may even have gotten soft.
ThunderTitan wrote:What are you on about?! Tower ranged units + Naga tank = win ...
Read his post: you'll notice:
Kranyum wrote:bla bla... I'll miss the Wizrds in their previous incarnation
so I think he's referring only to HoMM V which didn't include naga's.

Grah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Feb 2011, 23:00

I'm confused. The wizards are included in the story line, right? The official site even says that Sveltanaleft her city to become a necromancer in the Seven Cities. And ... the wizards are in H5, 400 years later. So ... there must be a wizard faction in H6, mustn't there? In the expansions, at least?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Feb 2011, 07:42

I'm not sure if read it right and/or have some memories from HV, but I think Necromacers were pointed to live in the Silver Cities and later they were thrown out from there by the other Mages. Now, in HVI, I think I saw that they are the magicians from the Silver Cities or smt. like that; like there are no other mages there.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 08 Feb 2011, 09:12

Kranyum wrote:meh wizard faction was just some units slapped together with no synergy or strategy (except maybe around a heavy ranged comp) empowered only by the powerful spellcaster hero.

If u ask me the dungeon was better as the magic faction than the academy.

We'll just have to see but I cant say I'll miss the Wizards in their previous incarnation
Could you explain that to play Wizard Faction has no strategical side ?
Could you explain how's strategy of playing dungeon ?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Feb 2011, 10:25

What did the wizard faction have that all the others (except barbarian) didn't? ..nothing!!

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 08 Feb 2011, 11:07

Variol wrote:What did the wizard faction have that all the others (except barbarian) didn't? ..nothing!!
Every single faction has its own characteristic. Faction can focus on one or more of these points :
Might :
- Damage
- Attack
- Defense
- Shooting
- Hit Points
- etc
Magic :
- Spell Power
- Magic Skill
- High Mana
- etc

So, each faction may vary by combining these points properly. Make each faction differs one another.
As for wizard, obviously they focus on magic and shooters. Not to mention that they have an ability to make small artifacts.
So, each faction has its own strength and weakness. Make each of them be played with different strategy.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Feb 2011, 12:59

^^^wrong dude,
The units were all too similar and once the Heroes get some artifacts, they're all the same. Let's face it; did anybody win "more" with the haven faction? I don't think so. It is easier in the beginning, that's about it.

I still maintain that, if each race had a different number of unit types, spells and abilities unique to them, the game would be far more fun.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 08 Feb 2011, 17:28

Why, and I don't mean to say that I do not like HoMM V or like HoMM I-IV better, do you forget that there were previous installments of the wizard faction?
Grah!

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 08 Feb 2011, 20:24

What did the wizard faction have that all the others (except barbarian) didn't? ..nothing!!
In homm3/4 or 5.
Either way it had strong identity anyway. Well in homm2 they were rather tossed together, and only titan being its signature unit.
In homm3 they had strong identity as expensive, shooting race, also library. With such logic most of races have nothing unique.
In homm5 races are more apart, wizard artifacts to start with. In fact in homm5 each race had unique abilities like wizards mark, empower spell,banshee how and on

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 09 Feb 2011, 02:47

Variol wrote:^^^wrong dude,
The units were all too similar
What about the fact that each unit has special ability now ? ( Actually since HoMM V)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”