Devs in the Black Hole

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Devs in the Black Hole

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jan 2011, 17:34

Some of the VIP fans are currently in Budapest, visiting the developers to try out the new game. Several pictures from the first session (today) have already been posted on Facebook.

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jan 2011, 18:49

They better post some opinions later...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 28 Jan 2011, 22:04

I love my Heroes series, but I can't believe how many people went to another country just to try out a game. I sure hope this was an all paid trip and they didn't pay themselves. Otherwise I hate to say this (and I know this will offend some here), but that borders on obsession.

Oh, and I saw the names of those that were there. Since I haven't seen his name in any forums for the longest time, I thought he was gone, but I see Jolly Joker is still around. I wonder if he still bashes anyone's ideas that aren't his own and unless it comes from him, then it's not a worthy idea for the game.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jan 2011, 22:31

Don't worry; the travelling expences (up to a point) are reimbursed by Ubi. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Jan 2011, 22:31

:D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 29 Jan 2011, 07:04

King Imp wrote: I sure hope this was an all paid trip and they didn't pay themselves. Otherwise I hate to say this (and I know this will offend some here), but that borders on obsession.
I would like exactly the opposite. Analogy is that i am a researcher and if now, for instance the Cocal-Cola company, would ask me to evaluate the health effects of one of their products and cover the study expenses, everyone in public would take my results as potentially biased in favor of the company. Therefore, the more evidence there is that Ubisoft has paid someone, the higher the risk that the persons opinions are biased and they cannot be taken as independent neutral observers.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 29 Jan 2011, 09:15

Kalah wrote:Don't worry; the travelling expences (up to a point) are reimbursed by Ubi. :)
They paid for everything:D

Ill come back and make a looooong report withe muche muche jucie information. Huge and imporat isuues for you to discus. ill be alowed to to this on a later date:)

So just a littel tease. My mood after playing was B-)
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 29 Jan 2011, 09:23

Pitsu wrote: Therefore, the more evidence there is that Ubisoft has paid someone, the higher the risk that the persons opinions are biased and they cannot be taken as independent neutral observers.
Yes that is true. But it would be no point for them to ask us to comme down and play just to say how grate things are. You should always treat information withe sceptesism that is good. And as kingimp pointet out its a littel madness to fly down her and pay for the hotel just to play the game.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Jan 2011, 10:59

Znork wrote:Ill come back and make a looooong report withe muche muche jucie information. Huge and imporat isuues for you to discus. ill be alowed to to this on a later date:)
Anyone has Znorkish-English dictionary?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 29 Jan 2011, 11:28

Znork wrote:I'll come back and make a looooong report with much much juicy information. Huge and important isuues for you to discuss. I'll be allowed to do this on a later date :)

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Jan 2011, 11:39

Covering some costs to get to freaking Hungary is not quite the same as paying you to 'like' the game. I call it a nice gesture but also one necessary if ANYONE was going to be there.
- Metathron

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 29 Jan 2011, 12:36

A pharmacy company covering the cost of medical professionals to the presentation of their newest drug is also not equal to "buying the doctors to prescribe this drug as often as possible". Yet some people find it potentially problematic. Even if not conscious decision, many people try to return the favor if they feel like owing one. Now, do you have a proof that the VIP fans never return a favor?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Jan 2011, 12:40

The effect is the same Elvin. If some company is funding you "vacation", you prefer to think about it or its products in better way. That is how human mind work.
I don't talk about it was intendent by Ubisoft or not (I really think and hope it was not) but you have to be aware of this fact.

EDIT:
Corlagon, thanks but I was spoke more about his future report from meeting with Black Hole. ;)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 29 Jan 2011, 13:43

Pitsu wrote:Now, do you have a proof that the VIP fans never return a favor?
One could say that that depends on whether or not you trust the other members of CH staff ;) I think one or two of them went, so if you suspect any raging bias in their accounts then you guys are in a better position than us to weed it out.
Avonu wrote:Corlagon, thanks but I was spoke more about his future report from meeting with Black Hole. ;)
I'm on the case :devious:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Jan 2011, 14:37

Just a quick word about the independence thing: accusing the VIP fans of taking bribes is a huge leap of speculation, and this is not a view that Celestial Heavens are officially endorsing.

Although I understand the principle problem Pitsu is presenting, I can also assure you all that these die-hard fans are so devoted to the game series that they will not compromise the future game by wagging their tails at Ubi's command. They are not afraid of voicing their opinions. In fact, they do it frequently. And loudly.

What they do is give feedback. The developers want honest opinions, and that's what they are getting. This trip was sort of a closed beta test, and the only practical way to do it.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 29 Jan 2011, 15:18

Ooops, looks like my comment caused a bit of a debate. Sorry about that.

I'll echo those that say I trust the people I saw in that pic wouldn't be biased (minus one who thought the original release of Heroes 5 was flawless and great) and wouldn't just tell the devs what they wanted to hear.

So, now that that's out of the way, I have a question. I'm not sure if it can be answered, but I don't see why not. I'm looking for opinion, not fact.

For those that went to this thing, in your opinion, does the game feel near finished or do they have a ways to go?

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 29 Jan 2011, 15:44

Kalah wrote: Although I understand the principle problem Pitsu is presenting, I can also assure you all that these die-hard fans are so devoted to the game series that they will not compromise the future game by wagging their tails at Ubi's command. They are not afraid of voicing their opinions. In fact, they do it frequently. And loudly.
Which can mean that Ubi can use some fanbois (or die-gard fans as you wrote) as living advertisement, which in fact does not equal being a good thing. I hope you get my point.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Jan 2011, 17:23

King Imp wrote:I'll echo those that say I trust the people I saw in that pic wouldn't be biased (minus one who thought the original release of Heroes 5 was flawless and great)
:D
- Metathron

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 29 Jan 2011, 17:43

King Imp wrote:
For those that went to this thing, in your opinion, does the game feel near finished or do they have a ways to go?
We cant tell you ouer opnion until a later date of ubis choosing. That is the only limitasjon. We will be alowed to post evertying we saw from that test, and you can ask questions and youll get ouer opinons. ill get back to you when its time.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 29 Jan 2011, 18:39

Uh, i wasn't really accusing anyone, but trying to raise a philosophical question in which way it would be better. Obviously it is better to leave it as it is. ;|

PS. since one of the posts reminded me that i haven't done much useful lately, did some unsubscribing.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”