Asking The Devs - What Do You Want To Know?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 14 Jan 2011, 15:19

Ooooh, I got one.

Will they be explaining what happened to the creatures that appear in Heroes 6, but then were non-existent in Heroes 5? Did they become extinct, did they just leave, what happened?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2011, 13:18

I got another one: "How complex is to make new 3D models for the engine you're using in H6? (a.k.a. Why so many palette/texture swaps?!)"
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 18 Jan 2011, 22:29

Metathron wrote:
King Imp wrote:
Avonu wrote:Because it is cheaper. :P
And if that what I read was right, possible 6th faction was cut off from game in development process because of above reason.

What's the difference if they added it now instead of in an expansion?
They'll make more money by selling us more expansions.

Sad, but true. Worst part is I can't see them adding two factions in one expansion so if we are to hit that minimum of 8 factions that most want, we'll need to wait for three expansions. You're looking at 1.5-2 years after the initial release before getting what H3 had no problem giving us in it's original game.

One can only hope that they are working on the expansions along side the original game so they can be released within a few months of each other.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 20 Jan 2011, 16:39

Pol wrote:
King Imp wrote:One can only hope that they are working on the expansions along side the original game so they can be released within a few months of each other.
They probably could do that but will not.
I'd rather hope that they didn't do that and make a good basic game!

Will you update the MM:H 6 site some time soon?

Will you update the HoMM V site any time soon?

What has your preference: a release in Q1 2011 or a good (debugged) game?
Grah!

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Jan 2011, 09:59

If it's not too late to ask:
I really miss the ability to just hit the "space bar" to interact with anything the hero is adjacent to. Is this something that is coming back?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Jan 2011, 13:24

How long will AI turns take in comparison to HoMM V? :snore:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Jan 2011, 14:55

Variol wrote:If it's not too late to ask ...
Thelonious wrote:Yeah little question to the staff: when will this interview be held?
Well, the questions have been submitted by several major sites already, but there will be more occasions to sak questions, so you can keep asking things, and I'll add it to the list for the future.

What happens is that the devs collect the questions asked most frequently by the various sites, and prioritize those.
Thelonious wrote:And well will it be featured on CH?
The first already has.

There will be more, I assure you. I don't know when, but I want it as badly as you do, so we'll keep nagging until they give us more stuff. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 Jan 2011, 16:48

Kalah wrote: What happens is that the devs collect the questions asked most frequently by the various sites, and prioritize those.
Kalah, the first batch of answers were only about story or timeline related matters. Is it really true that those were the most frequently asked questions?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Feb 2011, 01:24

I unfortunately don't monitor the H-6 forum and missed this thread. I was surprised to see a lack of editor questions being poised. Perhaps it is a smaller priority to the community than I thought. That is too bad, but they mentioned they might release a preview of the new editor before the game. Could we ask if they have made that decision and if so are they going to preview it and how will they make it available?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Feb 2011, 15:55

Message from Xhane:
Xhane wrote:Hi Guys!

I saw some concerns about the tones of questions you've asked and we did not answer them yet.

Don't worry, we did not just forget. We're working on it. You've given us a great load of questions so it needs time to sort them out and prepare the answers. We've started filming the first video Q&A but we need to reshoot, so hopefully, we'll get the editing and the publication next week or the week after.

You now know everything on the matter. Hope it helps you wait!
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Feb 2011, 13:15

What for is this icon? As you can see it is the same one - once with cable and grey globe (disconnection status?), once with blue globe (connection status?).
Is that meen that HVi will need internet connection or it is more like only information icon about your status?

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

question

Unread postby dark raider » 20 Feb 2011, 14:10

Don't know if this has been asked before...but is it possible that there will be terramorphing in the new heroes...it would be so cool if the ground would change to look like it actually belongs to the faction that owns the nearby castle... so as inferno would change the ground to lava.. necro to cursed ground etc....???

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 20 Feb 2011, 21:30

I know it is very late, but I hope the H-6’s campaign editor will allow for the carryover of several heroes and variables. I hope for this as it allows for more nonlinear play. In Dragon’s Fate I needed 13 carryover heroes, five of which were used to carryover over two dozen variables. Lamentia’s Story was even more complex with its different storylines. This allowed players to play each map differently and the following maps could be setup in the startup scripts to accommodate these differences. This allowed multiple ways of acquiring the required artifacts. How they enable this in H-6 is really not important as long as it is easy to understand. If I remember correctly H-V allowed only 4 heroes to carryover, which was a non-starter. In the maps I create I try and have a complex story involving several heroes all of which will carryover but not necessarily to the same maps until the end. I am currently working on a campaign that will be similar to the WoW campaign where the player will have to play two campaigns. I am including two final maps, one where the groups from the previous campaigns are allied and the player can play either. The second the groups are opposed and the player can also choose either faction. Anything less than what I have mentioned would be hard to take as that editor would be less capable that the H-IV editor and does anybody really want that?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 21 Feb 2011, 07:57

Something that I asked myself these weekend:

how will the battles on the battlefield be conducted? Will they be in the classic HoMM style (only move or only attack) or will we see something more diverse, like the King's Bounty system, where you can move your shooter to a location and if you have another move point you can shoot, or even like the Disciples III one, in which you can shoot even if your shooter moved and have no moving points left at all? Will we see something innovative (like the Disciples III "Interception") or nothing will be changed? Will the player be able to cast spell at any time or only when the Hero turn come? And what will be the Heroes appearance on the battlefield at all? I remember they will not be active like in H IV, but will they be like in HV (or similar)?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Mar 2011, 22:36

So will be H6 at least so good as KB:AB with support of Directx11? Can't wait for HD 6670, and its performance must be more than sufficient.

If I will heard something along the i7-2600s &HD6990 I'm gonna to kill. Of course that I'm speaking about higher resolutions than 1920x1080px and full details
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

briancodom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Lone Chinchilla

Unread postby briancodom » 16 Mar 2011, 18:53

If you start a game in hotseat, will you be able to continue it in online mode, and vice versa?

The reason I ask is that I like to email turns back and forth with a friend. When it comes time for a fight, though, it would be nice to be able to do that in online mode. (You could do what I wanted in H4, but not in H5.)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Mar 2011, 16:07

Will HoMM VI has DLC?

This [url=hhttp://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/pl_PL/buy/productID.226206700]link to Ubi shop[/url] shows that Akasha, Edge of Chaos, beta key all have their own prices.

Also HoMM VI states that when you pre-order it before 10th April, you get promo code to use when game will be launched.

Link to screenshot if Ubishop link not work to you.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2011, 22:39

Will the town screen be animated?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Apr 2011, 20:25

More questions! Ask about gameplay, maps, editions, mooore! :-D

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 06 Apr 2011, 20:41

will there be new ways to win a game?
will simultaneous turns return?
will duel heroes return?
what is the maximum amount of players on a map?
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Return to “Heroes V-VI”