My shot at making HOMM units

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 22 Dec 2010, 07:17

Thelonious wrote:Eeeuhm pixies and the lot are also in use... And they did mention specific armor or swords yet those are hard to make units of...
Disciples II had a Living Armor...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Dec 2010, 21:08

Thelonious wrote:Eeeuhm pixies and the lot are also in use...
Yeah, but they're usually closer to tripping on LSD in most of those stories... unless they're indistinguishable from regular people but can survive getting their heads chopped off...
Thelonious wrote:That's why I think giving the haven faction a different basis to start from isn't such a bad idea.
But then they wouldn't be the Knight Faction anymore, and you might as well just invent a new one...

Come to think of it, the air worshiping Free Cities would be an interesting faction to have in a game instead of the crazy light zealots.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Jan 2011, 22:02

ThunderTitan wrote:But then they wouldn't be the Knight Faction anymore, and you might as well just invent a new one...
I disagree. Knights could also ride rocs/thunderbirds/griffins - it's fantasy after all. A zealous faction could be air/light oriented.
ThunderTitan wrote:Come to think of it, the air worshiping Free Cities would be an interesting faction to have in a game instead of the crazy light zealots.
true. Definately true. Then just throw out the demons as well and a truely interesting game emerges. You know, the whole 'we are evil and have no way of making an interesting story line other' just bothers me about demons.
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Jan 2011, 06:59

Thelonious wrote: I disagree. Knights could also ride rocs/thunderbirds/griffins - it's fantasy after all. A zealous faction could be air/light oriented.
They could also wear iron man armour and jet packs... problem is that they wouldn't be knights then...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Jan 2011, 12:49

No, they would be ... jet knights!! :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 06 Jan 2011, 21:34

ThunderTitan wrote:They could also wear iron man armour and jet packs... problem is that they wouldn't be knights then...
if you want to put it that literally, then no. They wouldn't. But they would be a heck more interesting.
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jan 2011, 22:07

Point was that they'd be another faction... not that i wouldn't like seeing a Free Cities faction instead of Haven sometime.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 07 Jan 2011, 18:43

And there I disagree; they might not have the same background but their feel could be the same.
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jan 2011, 01:45

What do you mean by feel?! Because to me that isn't just play-style... background flavour and look also counts when talking about the feel of a faction.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 09 Jan 2011, 16:02

I agree, yet I feel that mounted knight on griffins or mounted knights on horses don't make all that of a difference - not when they still have the same beliefs. Furthermore I do not mean to say that their background should change, just that the knights decide to team up with other creatures and decide to take to the skies for whatever reason... We're probably on different terfs in that respect though.
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jan 2011, 07:06

Well we're already used to griffins in the Knight faction... but Rocs and other non-european stuff would feel off. And a Pegasus Knight would be too Disciple-y.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”