HVI units (images)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 03 Nov 2010, 06:42

Angel I guess, yes. So far I am disappointed from the Ghosts only. The other units are from pretty good looking to OK. Wish the Wight was there instead of a "ghost", though... esp. this way looking one. :ill:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Nov 2010, 08:41

Like the look of the Death hero. Looking forward to seeing more.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Nov 2010, 12:00

A new one:

The Tormentor

Tormentors are the servants of Ur-Traggal, Demon Overlord of Pain. Tormentors are consumed by the endless suffering of Urgash and inflict upon their own bodies unthinkable horrors. They draw power from their own agony, and use their deformations to strike their enemies. The Tormentors' skeleton is his principal weapon, as he is able to tear out pieces of his body to use in combat. His ribs can pierce through his chest to pin an adversary: his bones can elongate and project through his fingers to provide him with razor-like talons.

The Excruciator is the upgraded Tormentor
I swear, they're giving them the worst names...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Nov 2010, 12:35

Yes, don't like this one. It looks silly and is called something even sillier. ;|
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 03 Nov 2010, 13:42

looks silly indeed
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 03 Nov 2010, 21:48

Looks like a demonic ghoul.

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby admira99 » 04 Nov 2010, 02:19

Now I need to see their design on blackie.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Nov 2010, 22:54

Though the names are getting lame, the artwork looks cool imho. The thing is, a shooter would be nice for inferno. But lets just wait for succubusses or gogs.
Grah!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Nov 2010, 10:06

Haven female champion added.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 05 Nov 2010, 22:03

Biblical lore tells us Seraphim are actually higher ranked than angels, but then we are in a different universe :P

I don't know what to make of the dual wields though. Especifically since they are named 'Judgement and Mercy'
Grah!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Nov 2010, 22:26

They should named them Lawgiver or Peacemaker. :P

Bugle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bugle » 06 Nov 2010, 03:20

Avonu wrote:Haven female champion added.
...Female? As in there's a male champion too?

I must have seriously missed something; I thought each faction only got one champion.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 06 Nov 2010, 11:14

Image Image

Come on, you have got to be more creative than that! Same style stuff... ;|

And stop playing Doom for God's sake!

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Nov 2010, 11:51

Bugle wrote:...Female? As in there's a male champion too?

I must have seriously missed something; I thought each faction only got one champion.
Only one champion unit (+upgrade) per faction (unless developres changed something meanwhile).
I only pointed this champion gender (just look at their armors). But you can see that Necropolis champion also will be female.

Bugle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bugle » 06 Nov 2010, 17:35

Okay, that's what I thought, the wording just confused me for a second =P Oh well, it's not a big deal.

I'll admit, I much preferred the male angels to these seraphim.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 07 Nov 2010, 14:05

I must say, even the Heroes V demons looked better then these. Why are they all peppered with magma rocks?

Also, a lot of creatures are mirroring the (much hated by me) Heroes V Warhammer/World of Warcraft style. Just a few things:

- Why do Pit Fiends/Lords use a broken piece of a sword? It's neither effective nor looks spectacular. And make up your mind, Ubi whether they walk on 4 legs or 2.

- Why do Liches look like Goth guys in sado-maso outfits now? Geez.

- For the last time, Vampire do NOT look like these. Vampires need no armor, and especially no swords! In all fiction anywhere, (even Twilight) they are strong enough to rip a human to shreds with bare hands/claws. Heck, I prefer even the Nosferatu-looking Heroes III vamps to these. When I look at them, nothing screams "Vampire" at me, they look like Death Knights actually.

- Cerberi have three heads. If these things have two, call them Orthus, or just plain Hellhounds.

- Whose smart idea was in Heroes V development that Royal Griffins need helmets that cover their eyes? That's, umm, really effective to help them select targets. I don't mind the armor, but that falcon-helmet is stupid, and needs to go.

- Angels still have no feet, and use over-sized swords Cloud from FFVII would be proud of.

All in all, they will have to re-wamp the gameplay seriously for me to accept the art style. I still wish we could drop the whole stupid Asha storyline and re-boot the old Heroes Universe. We had tons of interesting characters, nine empires, a very diverse world where not every faction was a single race... it was more interesting.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Nov 2010, 16:28

Actually if you look closer the Cerberus does appear to have 3 heads...

And i don't mind Seraph, but why Celestial, Archangel sounds better...

The dual wielding of ridiculously over-sized swords and the gold wing armour id too much though...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 07 Nov 2010, 16:35

ThunderTitan wrote: And i don't mind Seraph, but why Celestial, Archangel sounds better...
Because neither the Seraph, nor the Celestial appear to be Angels in the terms of Ashan's mythology. This is hinted in their description and Sir Charles mentioned that "they are something else". Semi-angels, non-angels which looks like angels... or just some crazed nuns with prototype anti-gravity suits.
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Nov 2010, 16:55

Damn, that's what i get for not reading the whole description... my bad.

BTW, nice cone-bra's they have there... i wonder if they also have that crazy Madonna hair-do under their hoodies too.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Nov 2010, 18:43

ThunderTitan wrote:Actually if you look closer the Cerberus does appear to have 3 heads...
I only see two heads and spiked armour (with two spikes at bottom of dog mouth).
Zenofex wrote:Because neither the Seraph, nor the Celestial appear to be Angels in the terms of Ashan's mythology.
Funny, as someone poitned it somewhere else, Seraph was Angel in ToE. :P
Seraph HV:ToE wrote:The white wings of this angel have long been tainted by the blood of its enemies, and its scarlet attire serves as a warning to any who believe all angels are benevolent creatures. Seraphs exist not as saviours of the innocent, but as the scourge of their enemies.
I smell name changing soon.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”