HVI units (images)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Oct 2010, 19:41

If you'd played dark messiah you'd know that ghouls have nothing to do with zombies.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Bugle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bugle » 29 Oct 2010, 23:12

I hadn't, no. In that case, assuming they play differently than zombies, then maybe it is something new, but wraiths from III were fairly similar to ghosts from V, so I'm not so sure this isn't just a rose with another name yet. Here's hoping, though!

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 30 Oct 2010, 13:28

Bugle wrote:I hadn't, no. In that case, assuming they play differently than zombies, then maybe it is something new, but wraiths from III were fairly similar to ghosts from V, so I'm not so sure this isn't just a rose with another name yet. Here's hoping, though!
Wraiths in 3 are more like familiars than ghosts in V. Wraiths absorbed MP every turn in 3. Ghosts in 5 only absorbed magic on an attack- and then they raised fallen units as well. The H5 ghosts are closer to vampires than H3 wraiths.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 30 Oct 2010, 13:31

Comments on Necromancer factions.

1. Skeletons are likely to become ranged troopers, with quite a limited shots but no melee penalty, they might have been raised from the tombs of early-Imperial warriors i believe.
2. Liches and Vamps profile indicated that Ashanite necromancy is one form of priestly order rather than "guild" as in Caneghem universe. and in Ashan, they have ALMOST THE SAME origins, and rites of passages.
and that made them looks very identical. in Caneghem universe, Liches and Vamps are TOTALLY different thing and the rites of initiation is very different.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 30 Oct 2010, 16:29

Lord of the Guns wrote:Comments on Necromancer factions.

1. Skeletons are likely to become ranged troopers, with quite a limited shots but no melee penalty, they might have been raised from the tombs of early-Imperial warriors i believe.
2. Liches and Vamps profile indicated that Ashanite necromancy is one form of priestly order rather than "guild" as in Caneghem universe. and in Ashan, they have ALMOST THE SAME origins, and rites of passages.
and that made them looks very identical. in Caneghem universe, Liches and Vamps are TOTALLY different thing and the rites of initiation is very different.
Having looked at the "guilds" in Might and Magic VI they bear a rather strong resemblance to a religion.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 30 Oct 2010, 17:13

Actually ghosts are pretty different since then. They are a support unit now.
- Metathron

Bugle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bugle » 31 Oct 2010, 04:23

I dunno, they're fairly similar.

Weak flying units that can take more attacks than necessary to kill (regeneration --> incorporeal) and are a nuiscence to casters (players --> monsters). the regeneration could also be compared to the raising of their numbers.

Sure, they're different, and the difference is nice, but they're still similar to me. Not as similar as, say, archangels in III to archangels in V, no, but I'd still say there's room for comparison.

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 01 Nov 2010, 15:46

Elvin wrote:If you'd played dark messiah you'd know that ghouls have nothing to do with zombies.
I didn't play Dark Messiah ether. What are Ghouls exactly?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 01 Nov 2010, 18:23

From facebook:

Ghouls are ravenous spirits of the dead, bound by magic in lifeless corpses. Ghouls are tormented beings, filled with hatred for the living.
Powerful Necromancers can control them, but otherwise they are wild and destructive. Transformation into a ghoul is used as the ultimate punishment in Heresh, and is a means of permanently removing a soul from the cycle of death and transformation.
Ghouls feed on corpses and often carry diseases in their blood and saliva.

A part from dark messiah, these guys are pretty agile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4kAmKAhFgI#t=4m6s
- Metathron

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 01 Nov 2010, 19:15

Oh that damn chase sequence... It was quite frustrating, especially on a sub-par PC...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 01 Nov 2010, 22:49

Elvin wrote:From facebook:

Ghouls are ravenous spirits of the dead, bound by magic in lifeless corpses. Ghouls are tormented beings, filled with hatred for the living.
Powerful Necromancers can control them, but otherwise they are wild and destructive. Transformation into a ghoul is used as the ultimate punishment in Heresh, and is a means of permanently removing a soul from the cycle of death and transformation.
Ghouls feed on corpses and often carry diseases in their blood and saliva.

A part from dark messiah, these guys are pretty agile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4kAmKAhFgI#t=4m6s
So basically they are magically upgraded zombies. Like zombies just a lot faster.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 01 Nov 2010, 22:57

One is a damage dealer, the other is a tank. Not much of a similarity.
- Metathron

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 01 Nov 2010, 22:59

Elvin wrote:One is a damage dealer, the other is a tank. Not much of a similarity.
Not in abilities but in nature they are basically the same. Probably Ghouls are an early form of zombie that was later phased out in favor of the actual zombie.

But if they exist in Dark Messiah they must have continued to have been created for a specific niche role perhaps.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 02 Nov 2010, 00:05

Oh please, the campaign facts are that ie Markal did this and that, not with what army. That's purely restricted by H5 gameplay and features.
- Metathron

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 02 Nov 2010, 00:45

For those wishing to dissect images, there are some new units unrevealed to this point in this picture.

2 new flying units (one haven/one necro above each respective army)

And some new ground units, but they're VERY hard to pick out. I'd LOVE to say more, but I (and others) are limited to what they "officially" release. And since they released that picture...feel free to dissect it. :O)
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Nov 2010, 07:05

Adding Pit Lord and Pit Fiend now... please wait...

EDIT
Added.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 02 Nov 2010, 12:30

treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 02 Nov 2010, 13:01

There are no bone dragons and not all are griffins. Though it's hard to tell even in bigger resolution, the artwork is vague.
- Metathron

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 02 Nov 2010, 13:24

well there's 1 new unit for each faction and I really don't think the human torch is an angel.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Nov 2010, 13:26

Griffins don't have swords:

Also - if there are six Demon Overlords and each of them is represented by 1 unit in HVI, I assume that champion will be "aspect" of Urgash?
After all Necropolis champion seems to be aspect of Asha - (Mother) Namtaru. Haven, if I am right, has "aspect" of Elrath - Angel as champion.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”