HOMM VI Collector's Edition?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Apr 2011, 08:58

Ar.Pi wrote:Pre-ordered it from Game.co.uk. I'm a sucker :baby:
If you order it on UBIshop you get one more extra hero and one more item. But the page doesn't seem to work form me. First I though it only me , but I asked a fried of mine, and he got the same problem. The page redirects to a page which is constantly reloading. Does anyone get the same?
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 21 Apr 2011, 16:20

Muszka wrote:
Ar.Pi wrote:Pre-ordered it from Game.co.uk. I'm a sucker :baby:
If you order it on UBIshop you get one more extra hero and one more item. But the page doesn't seem to work form me. First I though it only me , but I asked a fried of mine, and he got the same problem. The page redirects to a page which is constantly reloading. Does anyone get the same?
You can't order it if you are from the states (I think its only available in UK and some other Euro countries...).

Also the UBI version (from what i figured) is only digital. I wanted cold hard swag :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 21 Apr 2011, 18:04

Well I'm not from the states, but in this case I'm definitely not in a country where I can order it from (although I'm from Europe). But if Ubi's version is downloadable only than I don't know if I want it anyhow.
Thanks for the info.
BTW does this UK site transport to other countries as well?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Apr 2011, 20:04

Muszka wrote: BTW does this UK site transport to other countries as well?
Usually marketing/licensing agreements prevent that. It is decisions like this that have plagued the Heroes franchise since UBI bought it. Excluding a large portion of the market from the physical copy and then advertising all of the items included in it (whether you personally care about the items or not); causing several of us to be disillusioned and even hostile toward UBI and everything they produce.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 22 Apr 2011, 02:05

Too bad.... I wouldn't count myself as the oldest heroes fan, but after eleven years spent over various versions of this game, I think it's way beyond addiction, it's something different. I.. and many others would agree I think that it should be available to buy for everyone. And with full content, as I'm not talking about a brand new game, but about a game which had seen more than one generation to grow up.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 22 Apr 2011, 16:23

jeff wrote:
Usually marketing/licensing agreements prevent that. It is decisions like this that have plagued the Heroes franchise since UBI bought it. Excluding a large portion of the market from the physical copy and then advertising all of the items included in it (whether you personally care about the items or not); causing several of us to be disillusioned and even hostile toward UBI and everything they produce.
Seems like Game.co.uk allows International Shipping.

I know what you mean I had to order Heroes 5 Complete Edition from Ebay for twice the price.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 22 Apr 2011, 16:38

the other day I saw heroes 5 and 2 expansions for 5 euros in total
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 22 Apr 2011, 16:43

Mirez wrote:the other day I saw heroes 5 and 2 expansions for 5 euros in total
It's not a problem purchasing the game. You can always get it from ebay (or the likes) for cheap (or even pirate it if you cant find a copy). The problem is with the Collector/Special Edition physical copies.

It seems they think that market in US is too small for these type of games (and maybe they are right)...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Apr 2011, 17:59

Sadly, this has to do with complex and idiotic copyright laws as well as localization issues; that Ubi US and Ubi Europe are separate companies etc.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 22 Apr 2011, 19:14

Complex? huh... :disagree:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Apr 2011, 19:32

If they were simple, they'd just do it after all the complaints...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 23 Apr 2011, 03:08

If they'd care... rather.

cstu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cstu » 23 Apr 2011, 15:31

Ar.Pi wrote:
jeff wrote:

I know what you mean I had to order Heroes 5 Complete Edition from Ebay for twice the price.
I went almost all the way through checkout and it looks like Game.co.uk will ship to the U.S. The total came to $91 so I haven't decided to get it yet.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 24 Apr 2011, 11:09

cstu wrote:
Ar.Pi wrote:
jeff wrote: Usually marketing/licensing agreements prevent that. It is decisions like this that have plagued the Heroes franchise since UBI bought it. Excluding a large portion of the market from the physical copy and then advertising all of the items included in it (whether you personally care about the items or not); causing several of us to be disillusioned and even hostile toward UBI and everything they produce.

I went almost all the way through checkout and it looks like Game.co.uk will ship to the U.S. The total came to $91 so I haven't decided to get it yet.
The good part is that shipping is only 5 pounds so its almost same.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Apr 2011, 19:46

Muszka wrote:Well I'm not from the states, but in this case I'm definitely not in a country where I can order it from (although I'm from Europe). But if Ubi's version is downloadable only than I don't know if I want it anyhow.
Thanks for the info.
BTW does this UK site transport to other countries as well?

Amazon.co.uk does, but the transport fees are stupid... i got DoW2 for 11 punds and the transport was 8 pounds... still, it was cheaper then the cheapest one i could find here anyway...

Of course after that i got the game sent to someone that lives in England and had them sent it here by mail... it was only about 1 pound...

Man, i can't wait until we're gonna get the euro as out currency too already...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 30 Apr 2011, 08:50

Game.co.uk does not transport to Romania... but it does to Yemen... and a million other countries all around the world. Nice :disagree:
I'll try Amazon... thanks TT

EDIT: I tried. It's not collector's edition. After browsing a couple of sites on Google, I realized that there is no way for me to directly get this.... and they wonder why piracy is so high...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Apr 2011, 13:19

Could you get it shipped poste restante to another country and pick it up while you're there? If you're going abroad anyway, I mean.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 May 2011, 08:46

Well if i'm going out of country i might as well buy it from there...

Muszka wrote:Game.co.uk does not transport to Romania... but it does to Yemen... and a million other countries all around the world.
Credit card fraud... it has more victims then just the guys getting they money stolen.

And Amazon charges way too much for delivery here...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 02 May 2011, 21:09

It doesn't matter, as Amazon doesn't have a collector's edition (CE). And I have a feeling that until I get out of these borders, the CE will be gone.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 02 May 2011, 23:20

ThunderTitan wrote:Well if i'm going out of country i might as well buy it from there...
Which countries should we warn of your advent? :devious:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”