More official info (10 Sept)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: So here is a question that I have not seen anybody ask y

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2010, 07:35

Magelord wrote:If the Towns no longer have creature dwellings "inside them" and you collect your creatures from dwellings on the map....then what if the Map dwellings are not associated with your particular castle?
No, you misunderstand, it's backwards... outside creature dwellings no longer give you units, they simply increase the growth rate in town...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 15 Sep 2010, 09:05

Oh my, I totally missed that ... I should stop posting late :p

I understood his question as how would it work if a Haven town had a skeleton dwelling in its area of control ? Which would have been a good question imo :p
1) would you be able to recruit skeletons in your city ? (doubtfully)
2) would you be able to recruit skeletons everytime you visit the dwelling ?
3) would the dwelling be inactive after the first visit ?

But yeah, to answer your question TT covered it. You still build dwellings in your cities. How I understood it, it's :
1. Let's suppose your city allows you to buy 30 core units
2. If you build the Crossbowmen dwelling in the city, it will allow you to buy crossbowmen as core unit (any number between 0 and 30)
3. If you capture an external Crossbowmen dwelling, you'll be able to buy 10 (for example) Crossbowmen immediately and it will also allow you to buy 5 (for example) more core units per week in the city.
4. After buying the 10 initial Crossbowmen, you will never be able to buy any unit again from the dwelling on the map adventure - you'll only have the "passive" bonus to your core units amount.

Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 15 Sep 2010, 09:48

We don't know for sure that there will be external dwellings for specific creatures. There may be no "Crossbowmen dwelling", but only "Core units dwelling". Or something similar in concept. This will greatly reduce the variety of this kind of adventure map objects, but will make this new recuirtment system much easier to manage, provided that all the factions will be able to increase the population of their own creatures through one and the same external dwelling. I'm not sure if this will be good or bad feature, if it indeed proves to be designed in such a way...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: So here is a question that I have not seen anybody ask y

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Sep 2010, 11:17

ThunderTitan wrote:No, you misunderstand, it's backwards... outside creature dwellings no longer give you units, they simply increase the growth rate in town...
Not quite.

When you first capture a creature dwelling you will receive a first batch of creatures that you can integrate straight away to your army. The building will then work as a resource building meaning that it will add creatures to your creature pool every week as a gold mine would add gold to your resources.

Wouldn't make sense for a dwelling not to allow instant recruitment now would it? :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2010, 19:13

It's close enough...

@Zenofex

It looks like there are, but you can convert them like towns... from the summary thread: http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.es/por ... iew&pid=19
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 15 Sep 2010, 21:48

ThunderTitan wrote:It looks like there are, but you can convert them like towns... from the summary thread: http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.es/por ... iew&pid=19

That is cool to know. Also, this caught my attention that made me happy as well.
"Something that is kept from Heroes V is the possibility of the hero to make a direct attack, that will be different depending if the hero is might or magic (Sveltana is a la Necrópolis magic hero and performed a ranged magical attack). This time however it will be better combined with the skill system to make it more interesting, but I can't give any more details.."

When it was said that the heroes wouldn't participate in combat, I thought they were being taken out completely. Glad to see they kept this from H5.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Sep 2010, 05:55

Well that was always more like a spell anyway...

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 16 Sep 2010, 16:00

It's still extra damage that would go unused if you ran out of spell points or didn't have any good spells to cast. That's how I look at it.

On another subject, what does everyone feel about being limited to a max of Level 30 for our heroes now? I personally don't like it. Unless it's designed that there is no more to be gained past that level, I always had more slots to be filled in Heroes 5 past Level 30.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 16 Sep 2010, 17:24

I don't recall ever reaching level 30 other then campaign maps
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 16 Sep 2010, 17:54

King Imp wrote:On another subject, what does everyone feel about being limited to a max of Level 30 for our heroes now? I personally don't like it. Unless it's designed that there is no more to be gained past that level, I always had more slots to be filled in Heroes 5 past Level 30.
I think you would reach the top of the skill tree at lvl 30 and there is no more to gain. I bet a lvl 30 hero is pretty much unstoppable. It would be strange if they set a limit without a reason.

Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 16 Sep 2010, 19:13

30 levels is hardly a limitation, if the heroes level up as fast (or slow, depending on the point of view) as before. Even on XL map you'll very rarely see a hero above level 25. In any case, there isn't much to be gained from the highest levels, just a few more points on the primary skills - and at this time the armies are normally huge and their glorious leaders are overloaded with artefacts monsters, who don't really care if they'll have +1 Attack more or not.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 16 Sep 2010, 21:44

Well given that we really have no idea how this new experience system actually works, perhaps it would be better to wait until we actually have some information before debating it.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 16 Sep 2010, 22:05

Which brings me to the point that I want new information now!

(Or at least some screenshots or artwork.)

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 16 Sep 2010, 22:16

I must agree it has been awfully quit lately
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 17 Sep 2010, 07:51

Well there's that storyline thingy on facebook...
Might & Magic Heroes VI will take place in 564 YSD*, roughly some 400 years before Might & Magic Heroes V, at the time of the second Blood Moon Eclipse, and the Rise of Kha Beleth, the Demon Sovereign.

A legendary Archangel General, killed during the war of the Elder races, is resurrected. Under the cover of preparations for the upcoming Demon invasion, he plots to recover his powers and take control of Ashan while eradicating his ancient enemies.
He underestimates, however, the power of the all-too-human Griffin dynasty...

* The current reckoning of years in Ashan is YSD – Year of the Seventh Dragon. All dates are reckoned from the day when the legendary prophet Sar-Elam achieved enlightenment and underwent apotheosis, becoming known as the Seventh Dragon. Before that, little is recorded, though it is certain, from the ruins of ancient civilizations that dot the landscape, that Ashan is thousands of years old.
The 5 campaigns (1 per faction) stage the stories of human heroes from the Holy Falcon Empire (Haven), all members of the same family. They are the sons and daughters of the powerful Duke of the Griffin Duchy.

They all start in a position of power but also with strong duties to their father and with complex family ties they will have to deal with.

They will gradually discover that “something is rotten” in the Empire, but they will also live a very personal story linked to their own family.

So there will be murder, and revenge, romance and mystery, fraternity… and fratricide!
Treatment
The story is a “family tragedy”, ripe with political powerplays and cloak & dagger intrigues.

In treatment and tone, it is thus quite close to A Song of Ice & Fire (the Fantasy series by George RR Martin), Rome (the HBO series), The Tudors (the Showtime series), Dune (the Space Opera series by Frank Herbert), but also to the “classic” Shakespearean tragedies like Hamlet, King Lear, Macbeth.
Structure
The 5 campaigns are interconnected, but can be played in any order.

They consist of 4 maps each.

A “prologue” mini-campaign is also included, to teach the player the basics of the game, and tell the story of the Griffin Duke, father to the 5 heroes, before his children were born.

Hope it makes you want to know more about it :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 17 Sep 2010, 08:10

And more off facebook:
Heroes VI tells the story of the Griffin dynasty, when they were still Dukes of the Holy Empire, and not yet sitting on the Imperial throne (like in Heroes 5 and Clash of Heroes).
The Griffin Duchy is east of the Empire, a region that would correspond to the Slavic nations in our own world.

At the dynasty’s origins, The Griffin Duke Pavel* was a zealous servant of the Light and a trusted lieutenant of the Falcon Emperor.
He met his demise defending his own duchy from a Demon host summoned by the dying wish of a desperate enemy.
Pavel’s heroic last stand would ensure the survival of his son, Slava, who was only a boy at the time of these events.

Pavel’s sister Sveltana*,

who had left her homeland to become a prominent Necromancer in the Seven Cities, was called back to act as regent to Slava and educate him in the ways of the Griffin.

Fifteen years and a war have past. Duke Slava of Griffin is now the father of five promising children. These are the main Heroes of the Heroes 6 campaign, and they will lead different factions to battle.

1st CHILD: ANTON – HAVEN
Elder son of the Griffin Duke. Heir to his father’s crown.
Since his childhood, Angels whisper in his ear.
They speak of glory and purity but also of corruption and betrayal.
Frustrated and confused, he must expose the lies and pick his side.

2nd CHILD: ANASTASYA - NECROPOLIS
Her father’s murderer.
Executed by her beloved brother Anton.
Brought back to life as an undead Necromancer.
Did she really kill her father? If yes, why?
She must recover her memories to find the truth!

3rd CHILD: KIRIL – INFERNO
Betrayed by someone he trusted above all people.
Sacrificed to the powers of Sheogh.
His soul is ripped apart in a terrible ritual to share his body, and his memories, with a powerful Demon.
The Demon guest and his host fight for control, with the human’s soul as their battlefield.
Torn between two loyalties, whom will he pledge allegiance to?

4th CHILD – More information to come later!
5th CHILD – More information to come later!
* See Reveal Trailer
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 17 Sep 2010, 08:39

1st CHILD: ANTON – HAVEN
Elder son of the Griffin Duke. Heir to his father’s crown.
Since his childhood, Angels whisper in his ear.
They speak of glory and purity but also of corruption and betrayal.
Frustrated and confused, he must expose the lies and pick his side.

2nd CHILD: ANASTASYA - NECROPOLIS
Her father’s murderer.
Executed by her beloved brother Anton.
Brought back to life as an undead Necromancer.
Did she really kill her father? If yes, why?
She must recover her memories to find the truth!

3rd CHILD: KIRIL – INFERNO
Betrayed by someone he trusted above all people.
Sacrificed to the powers of Sheogh.
Their father must be real proud of himself.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2010, 09:42

THE TUDORS??!?!! So i guess we should expect a sex scene every other turn then...

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 17 Sep 2010, 13:14

Assuming the Heroes 5 model for hero development, a hero has a maximum 37 skills (6 sets, each with 3 levels and 3 abilities, plus ultimate), and starts with 2 or 3 skills. Thus, after 30 levels there are still 4 or 5 spaces left.

Now, we know that hero development will be "skill-point" based (in that you can always choose what path to develop; I don't recall if the exact mechanic has been announced yet), but if they simply have the same setup as H5, but let you choose any skill each level, that leaves, again, the 4 or 5 slots free.

Of course, they could easily have a fully point-based system (Say, like the M&M games from 6 on did?), and then we would need to wait and see.

All I know is that I rarely got a level 30 hero playing any heroes game (except, possibly Heroes 4, but then you needed 97 levels to max out a hero, as opposed to 21/22 in H2/3 or the above 34/35 in H5)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2010, 20:32

From what they announced it sounded like we'll get a system like in Diablo 2, with a fixed skill tree that goes on until lvl 30 or so.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”