Ruins in the Desert, what am I doing wrong?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Ruins in the Desert, what am I doing wrong?

Unread postby jeffh » 06 Sep 2010, 03:53

I can't seem to get anywhere in this map, which I've heard a lot of praise for. I can get the boots near the beginning, but that's it. I've found one magical axe but apparently it's not the one I'm looking for, as the quest doesn't go anywhere. I have completely explored the area I start in, up to the big gate, but have no way of passing through or otherwise interacting with that gate. Similarly there are a couple of boats and lots of places in the river where it looks like I should be able to get somewhere interesting, but the boats are actually extremely limited in their movement and, frankly, seem completely useless so far. (I can't even get to the shipwreck.) I am totally boxed in with no way of making any progress. Help?

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 10 Sep 2010, 08:44

Anyone? Does it sound like my copy of this map is somehow bugged, or am I missing something obvious? I've heard of people getting stuck on this map, but not this early (except due to not being able to get the boots, which I had no problems with).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Sep 2010, 08:56

Have you tried sending a PM to the mapmaker, Pitsu?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 10 Sep 2010, 12:27

Ahem. ;| It may have something to do with scripts behaving weird in different versions. The map was done for 1.3 and I am pretty sure it may not work properly in Hammers of Fate and Tribes of East (myself have neither of them still).

There should be not too many axes laying around in the beginning. Once you have it, you need to walk North. When you are close enough to certain trees(same area where you got the quest AFAIR) , a script is triggered to cut them and open a path.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 17 Sep 2010, 08:41

Thanks. I tried contacting you via the site where I downloaded the map. Guess I should have stuck to CH.

I thought I'd tried that but I'll give it another shot. If not, I'll just assume something broke in one of the updates since the map was designed.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”