Is it naga faction ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 Feb 2011, 11:50

If it is, it would have to make your hero immune to attacks when garrisoned.
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Feb 2011, 12:09

Heh...

BTW, the current setup of the site only has room for 1 more creature town (and the icon is there, but has "locked" written on it), while the factions screen has room for two, but it has no neutral slot.

As for the eastern Rampart... yeah, the thing is that's just some eastern architecture, and all of the creatures in the previous games where pretty western take on creatures from more then one culture, including some eastern ones.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 24 Feb 2011, 09:20

Sanctuary for name of a faction sounds lame ... but it could indicate the nature of the faction. Maybe the faction focus on high defence and protection spells

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2011, 11:34

Last time they decided to make a faction name represent what they do we got an S&M Dungeon...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Feb 2011, 11:50

The screen with the naga symbol is a fake guys, seriously.. :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2011, 11:53

Yeah, but i'd rather not take any chances that they use Sanctuary as a name for any town.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Feb 2011, 12:06

About that..
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Feb 2011, 12:46

Yeah - the Germans seem to use the name.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 24 Feb 2011, 12:57

I don't think Gamestar knows more than we do, they just sell speculation as fact. My opinion...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2011, 17:09

Well this is new (from the german article, through google translate):
Hero of the Sanctuary campaign is Slava's daughter Irina, who by her father into a marriage with - of all things - was forced Gerhart and fled to the Nagas. Irina's army recruited mainly from new units, including Haikrieger, river spirits, and water dragons. For veteran Heroes players, this fraction should therefore be the most exciting.

EDIT: Did anyone else watch the video?! Elementals are neutral elites (thee's water and earth so far - with the water ones even having those tatoos the glories do, and the same boobs- ), and you fight on a bridge made out of lotus leaves... interesting. But why is Mother Namtaru a core creature?! Oh, it's because the adv map info isn't updated, she's called a Boss in the pre-fight screen.

Video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYL0IZaKOrc

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 24 Feb 2011, 21:32

Nice video, the commentary is very sarcastic. ^^

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 25 Feb 2011, 06:44

The water elemental were seemed like Spring Spirit from the new faction.

I like the Earth Elemental style after receiving an attacked ... foot cleaning :D

So far I like the pics and animations, looks smooth and more realistic

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 25 Feb 2011, 07:58

ecsunotos wrote:The water elemental were seemed like Spring Spirit from the new faction.
Combined with the 'Glory' from heaven. And don't forget the ice maiden...

That's the main let down of the pics concerning the naga line-up we've seen: 2 units in the same faction so look alike - it's like the tormentor/maniac again.
Grah!

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 25 Feb 2011, 13:10

That proves two things:

1. The Sanctuary artwork we saw was real.

2. It's outdated, because they changed stuff (the spring spirit is now the water elemental).
Last edited by Darkström on 28 Feb 2011, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Feb 2011, 18:32

Darkström wrote:Nice video, the commentary is very sarcastic. ^^
Damn, now you made me want to understand what it says...
Darkström wrote: 2. It's outdated, because they changed stuff (the spring spirit is now the water elemental).
Considering how above the knees that elemental looked just like a Glory i'd say there's no guarantee that they won't be using it a 3rd with other minor changes...

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 26 Feb 2011, 15:24

ThunderTitan wrote:
Darkström wrote:Nice video, the commentary is very sarcastic. ^^
Damn, now you made me want to understand what it says...
I can do a translated transcript, but give me some time. ;)

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 28 Feb 2011, 01:27

Thelonious wrote: Combined with the 'Glory' from heaven. And don't forget the ice maiden...

That's the main let down of the pics concerning the naga line-up we've seen: 2 units in the same faction so look alike - it's like the tormentor/maniac again.
Darkström wrote: That proofs two things:

1. The Sanctuary artwork we saw was real.

2. It's outdated, because they changed stuff (the spring spirit is now the water elemental).
Yup, the spirit so look alike the maiden. I'm glad if they've considered to change spirit to water elemental.
... and made the former water elemental to become the new troop of the naga faction with the other name .... :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Feb 2011, 08:41

Darkström wrote: I can do a translated transcript, but give me some time. ;)
http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/you- ... comply.jpg [img]http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/you- ... comply.jpg[/img]
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 03 Mar 2011, 21:32, edited 2 times in total.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 28 Feb 2011, 13:06

Lol, I'm at it right now. ;)

EDIT: Here you go. :)
[0:00] When journalists attend press events, they would nowadays usually be given so-called “B-roll” material – selected video footage such as this one: 3 min 53 sec of “Might and Magic: Heroes VI”, provided by Ubisoft under the condition that a narrator comments on what is happening.
[0:17] Well, I would like to comment on all the innovations Ubisoft showed to us, but this B-roll video contains – needless to say – not a single one of them. Instead we accompy Duke Slava on his ride through the tutorial level and basically get to see everything that works in Heroes 6 just like in its predecessor: turn-based map exploration; there is a sawmill, where you can get resources, but as ever there is a small group of enemies parking in front of it, so let’s battle them.
[0:42] Well, and this works as always, so there isn’t much to say about it, which is of course why we’re going to see many more fights in this video. Our hero Slava on the left belongs to the Haven, which is basically the human faction. These pikemen are called pretorians and are already the upgraded version of a core unit, the sentinel. In the background the priestess interferes with her special ability: she can heal wounded units. Furthermore we’ve got crossbowmen with us, our most basic ranged unit. And as we can see he’s happy about his kill, the pretorians go down – Heroes 6 puts much emphasis on animations (which, uh, will be switched off by Heroes veterans anyway because they take too long).
[1:22] Alright, now it’s time to finally watch a battle. Water elementals? Yeah, okay, why not. At least this scene shows us that the developer Black Hole takes care in creating visually appealing battlefields. The bottleneck in the middle is also tactically interesting. Speaking of visuals, once in a while during the attacks there are short close-up views like this one where you can watch the units skirmishing (can be switched off).
[1:45] Back to the map. On the right there is one of the new outposts and therefore much to say about the new territory system, but on the left there are earth elementals and –hey!- that’s a good opportunity to see a battle! Well, these here are earth elementals, they’re back in the game too. (sigh) You want to learn about the new territory system? Yes? In Heroes 6 the map is devided into territories and in each territory there is either a town or an outpost. All mines in a territory automatically belong to the owner of the town. You can occupy enemy mines by placing a hero in them, but as soon as he leaves you lose the mine. Only by conquering the town and taking over the territory you will own the mines. That means that conquests will concentrate on towns and outposts, so there will be no cat-and-mouse game for mines. But who cares? There’s a battle with earth elementals! Hmm, nice animation. By the way, you’re allowed to edit B-roll material, so you’ll excuse us for denying you another 24 sec of elemental fight.
[2:46] Ah, now we do see one of the innovations in the game at last, and that is – hold on! – in a battle. For the first time in the series there are boss fights, like this one against Mother Namtaru, a magical giant spider. Our hero in this mission is Kiril, the protagonist of the Inferno campaign. Accordingly he has hell hounds, juggernauts, succubi and other demons in his army. Every boss fight is supposed to be tactically distinct; in this case there are blue glowing areas in which ghosts appear that replenish the gross spider’s hit points.
[3:17] That’s it about this B-roll, now let’s see the Heroes logo for a second… Ah. There you go.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2011, 21:32

Nice.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”