Is it naga faction ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 05 Oct 2010, 21:58

ThunderTitan wrote: Ahem:
Jungle (Sanskrit: जंगल) refers to the most dense, more or less impenetrable regions within a tropical rainforest with an abundance of animal and plant life
Nothing for me to correct. My faction would let the forest invade their cities and if you include all the Naga and their pets their cities would fit that defintion.

Anyways now that we talked buildings lets talk creatures. I will start with some images of Naga pulled off Wiki. By the way Thundertitan that image of the Garuda rocked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Buddh ... snake).jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Phra_ ... dragon.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 40_001.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Naga182.JPG

More to come later

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 28 Oct 2010, 10:06

Back on topic :tongue:

A naga faction would be way to inventive for Ubi/Black Hole. So I don't think so. But it would be cool if there would be naga's in the game. Maybe some sort of naga/dwarf faction which gets in a civil war and in an expansion become 2 factions... Wait. That's to much depth for a story line. Won't happen...
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Oct 2010, 11:37

Well they already had artwork done for one, even if it was for H5...

But yeah, considering what the "brand new" town was in H5 chances are ur right.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Nov 2010, 22:20

I hate it when I've got a point when I don't want to have one.
Grah!

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 20 Dec 2010, 08:34

Thelonious wrote:I hate it when I've got a point when I don't want to have one.
Hate to came up whit the lore thing agein. But The way H5 world (Ashan) is set. we have 1 big dragon (Asha) creting 6 Elemental dragons. eache of these then made teher on race.

Mallassa (sadow) - Faceless
Elrath (Light) - Angels
Sylana (Earth) - Elves
Arketh (Fire) - Dwarves
Sylath/Ylath (Air) - Humans
and
Shalassa (water)

I don't know, if someone deduced it, or it was written somwhere, But long time ago, a general idea that Shallassa created nagas apeared. And the fakt, that Shellassa is the last of "powers" that doesnť have it's own faction, i the reason, I belive, that most people suspect an Aquatic faction, => the nagas. Other facts like the old concept art ar also important.

I'm personaly fascinated by the eastern asia theme, and all my hopes go the a Naga faction as close to Ledriots CA as posible.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 20 Dec 2010, 16:34

I'm not saying there won't ever be a naga faction. I'm just saying that it's not likely that it will be in HoMM VI. But I could be wrong. And if so, I will be surprised.

Don't forget though: noticing the trends, HOMM VI will most likely feature 2 expansions which will feature 2 new factions in which they will have a lot of options if the naga faction is implemented. In that case their options will be:

Mage
Sylvan
Dungeon (dark elves)
Dwarf

Which gives 'em double the factions for each expansion. Story wise mages are very important given their link to both the necro's and the orcs; so they'll probably fit in. In other events, the elves split around the time frame of HoMM VI which ties to the faceless; so they are also important.

THAT is why I'm not so sure the naga faction will feature HoMM VI; there is no story yet and there are to many story links to the other factions mentioned above.
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Dec 2010, 15:51

Naga is the only really new faction they could add, but considering what their new faction was in H5 i'm not optimistic either.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 21 Dec 2010, 18:30

Dave_Jame wrote:
I don't know, if someone deduced it, or it was written somwhere, But long time ago, a general idea that Shallassa created nagas apeared. And the fakt, that Shellassa is the last of "powers" that doesnť have it's own faction, i the reason, I belive, that most people suspect an Aquatic faction, => the nagas. Other facts like the old concept art ar also important.

I'm personaly fascinated by the eastern asia theme, and all my hopes go the a Naga faction as close to Ledriots CA as posible.
The offical Heroes of might and Magic 5 guide book says that Shallassa created the Naga.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 21 Dec 2010, 22:46

Raelag84 wrote:The offical Heroes of might and Magic 5 guide book says that Shallassa created the Naga.
and when should the official HoMM V booklet be right all the time? Mind you, I do believe you, I just want to notice that producers can re-write the story as they see fit...

@ TT: yup, yet strangly they did suprise with the stronghold so perhaps...
Grah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2010, 23:37

And even if there are nagas in the Ashan universe, that doesn't mean there is a naga creature for use by a faction.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 21 Dec 2010, 23:52

But why would they include Nagas in the world if they don't intend to use them?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2010, 23:56

It's possible they just want to keep all options open ... and you could also say the same thing about all sorts of creatures; if they are in Ashan at all, they must appear. But they cannot all appear in H6 ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Dec 2010, 21:10

Darkström wrote:But why would they include Nagas in the world if they don't intend to use them?
Because the water dragon needed it's own race...

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Jan 2011, 21:57

ThunderTitan wrote:Because the water dragon needed it's own race...
duh... it pure vulcan logic ;)
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Jan 2011, 07:02

Vulcan nerve pinch for everyone.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 08 Jan 2011, 22:01

it is naga: http://www.acidcave.net/

or not

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jan 2011, 01:43

I hope those are very early concept art if they're real... they don't seem to fit as well with the other factions like that.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 09 Jan 2011, 15:08

Those are very real TT, and I cant quite think of other ways in terms of looks of the units, in how they could fit in better as with the other factions.

They even seems dang sure its offical over at http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=3

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Jan 2011, 15:20

I want to stress that none of this is official yet; it is only official once Ubi officially release material.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 09 Jan 2011, 15:25

But they're definitely legit...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”