First gameplay videos

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
alma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

First gameplay videos

Unread postby alma » 29 Aug 2010, 14:58

I just made my daily youtube search for new infos and I found these ones:

combat video

adventure video

If it doesn't deserve a new topic delete it but I think it needs a discuss topic.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 15:01

Already posted here: viewtopic.php?t=11286&start=60 (6th post)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

alma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alma » 29 Aug 2010, 15:06

ThunderTitan wrote:Already posted here: viewtopic.php?t=11286&start=60 (6th post)
So again quote from me:
"If it doesn't deserve a new topic delete it but I think it needs a discuss topic."

And I made a post in the wish list topic about this. Trust me not every single person who comes here read all new posts in every single topic so they can easily miss the new videos if it is only 1 post in a 5 pages long topic. So we need a topic where the staff collects all the important news or we need new topic for the most important news - like the first gameplay video ever.

And again if the staff think they can easily delete this topic. :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 15:20

I was just pointing out they where posted already.

I totally agree there needs to be a new info sticky... too bad our mods aren't around enough to keep one up to date... that's why we need someone with no life as a mod... i'd volunteer, but we all know i'd just abuse my position...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 29 Aug 2010, 15:58

Hopefully the animations (town conversion and some combat animations) can be sped up significantly at will.
At any time the visible area on map does not seem to be full of areas to explore. Most are covered with impassable forest/rocks and roads. A few resource piles or chests here or there.

Off-topic. After some thought i made a new sticky for those who do not know anything yet. I am not a fan of sticking and unsticking news every day for every-day users. But any volunteers to update the news sticky? :p

Kosh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kosh » 29 Aug 2010, 19:16

Wow, very hard to believe they aren't using any of the Heroes V engine for this one O_o This was confirmed, right? Or am I just mistaking a rumour I read as truth?? Everything just looks like it's from the Heroes V engine to me! (unit art is better though imo)

Animations look good, but I agree about the speed- I reallyyyyy hope you can significantly fast-forward animations (battles and construction). Movement speed on the main map for your Hero should have it's own speed option, though.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 30 Aug 2010, 02:37

COMBAT VIDEO
Movement path for troops ( ghoul ) seems to be usefull

I wonder that developer can give us moving or even attacking "obstacle" in combat. e.g. moving rock or even giant spider emerges from hidden hole in combat area attacking troops.
It can make combat more dynamic and harder. B-)

ADVENTURE VIDEO
Jungle is even darker than before

Agree for speeding up town conversion. No more than 1 second please
:D3

The blue big serpent seems to have a vital role in the story line
:hoo:

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 30 Aug 2010, 12:12

Kosh wrote:Wow, very hard to believe they aren't using any of the Heroes V engine for this one O_o This was confirmed, right? Or am I just mistaking a rumour I read as truth?? Everything just looks like it's from the Heroes V engine to me! (unit art is better though imo)
The art doesn't have anything to do with the engine. And they used icons from H5 as placeholders.

---

I think the town conversion in the video is just there for demonstration purposes. It will take multiple rounds, so that animation won't make much sense.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 30 Aug 2010, 12:33

My first impression of the adventure map is the same from H5: the artwork is too darn big. It feels like a third-person view of an RPG adventure game, not a kingdom-scale strategy game. Worse, the art is substantially bigger than H1-4 without a corresponding increase in movement points for the hero. The net effect is less to do on each turn on a map that's much smaller than it appears.

This gripe is one of the primary reasons I didn't like H5 and it doesn't look like anything has changed.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 30 Aug 2010, 13:38

Where's the love for the Griffin animation? I think it looks superb!

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 30 Aug 2010, 13:47

Blocks100 wrote:Where's the love for the Griffin animation? I think it looks superb!
Agreed. I knew there was something I forgot to say. :)

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 30 Aug 2010, 15:48

um, what the heck? In both videos there's HV and DarkMessiah music? A new soundtrack had better be in the making...
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Aug 2010, 16:00

yes it is placeholder music
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 30 Aug 2010, 16:01

H6 will have its own soundtrack, don't worry - the musics used in the videos are 100% placeholder. They're deliberately nostalgic :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Aug 2010, 16:09

Darkström wrote: The art doesn't have anything to do with the engine.
But the same art will look different on dissimilar engines...

Darkström wrote:I think the town conversion in the video is just there for demonstration purposes. It will take multiple rounds, so that animation won't make much sense.
Well for MP it should take multiple rounds, but for SP there's really no reason for it to.

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 30 Aug 2010, 18:11

Corlagon wrote:H6 will have its own soundtrack, don't worry - the musics used in the videos are 100% placeholder. They're deliberately nostalgic :)
I guess I missed that part of info somewhere :) . Thanks for clearing it up
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 30 Aug 2010, 21:20

ThunderTitan wrote:
Darkström wrote: The art doesn't have anything to do with the engine.
But the same art will look different on dissimilar engines...

Darkström wrote:I think the town conversion in the video is just there for demonstration purposes. It will take multiple rounds, so that animation won't make much sense.
Well for MP it should take multiple rounds, but for SP there's really no reason for it to.
Why not? If the opponent can interrupt the process by attacking the town, it makes no difference whether he's human or AI.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2010, 06:29

By SP i mean campaign... skirmish with the AI is somewhere in between them i guess.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 17 Sep 2010, 03:14

does anybody have that strange feeling that new heroes looks lot like Disciples I mean by graphic and whole adventure map system.It kinda looks like heroes lost its looks with this new fancy graphic.
hope arena will be bigger so range units can finally do something.
new skill system is great idea.
like the new graphic design of units,even though vampire looks kinda like a white night elf.
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2010, 09:43

Which disciples are you referring to?! But actually no, not really...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”