New, new info (29. Aug)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Aug 2010, 11:54

Phoenix is neutral, as for the moon part ubi is incorporating it into Ashan lore. I liked animations and the path of the units being shown.

Btw there's an adventure map video underneath for those who missed it. Foreshadows a boss fight.

@parcaleste
The vampire did a premature winning animation I'd say. It was the ghost that killed the griffin.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 29 Aug 2010, 12:11

Soronarr wrote:Blue Phoenixes? what are they smoking down there
Pitsu wrote:I wonder why are phoenixes connected to Moon now? Unless it is a dark magic spell it makes little sense for a summoned creature. If it is in a town, what town is it and if it is neutral why is its connection with the Moon so important?
What is so bad about Ubisoft trying to create its own bestiary and lore ?

Pitsu wrote:No much emotions for me. What catches eye is that there are some animations (like town conversion) which probably get annoying after the third time you have to watch them.
Remember that it's only pre-alpha. They still have time to finetune the game and make it more eye-catching :) What we see is rather encouraging, even if it can be improved.
Soronarr wrote:An inactive commander. At least in IV, the commander could do SOMETHING to make it's presence felt on the battlefield (besides spells).

I'm personaly all for commanders on the battlefield, but the stack system as it is now, makes that practicly impossible to balance.
A Heroes without stacks ? HERESY ! :devil: ;)

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Aug 2010, 12:13

Ha! That's true! Which makes Vampire looks even more gay.

Town converting is LAME. Done by the easiest way with no development at all. BANG! And Haven town is now Necropolis. Ha-ha, very funny.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Aug 2010, 12:18

It is going to be costly and certainly not instant.
- Metathron

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 29 Aug 2010, 12:20

parcaleste wrote:Ha! That's true! Which makes Vampire looks even more gay.

Town converting is LAME. Done by the easiest way with no development at all. BANG! And Haven town is now Necropolis. Ha-ha, very funny.
1. You didn't read anything about town conversion, did you ?
2. It's only a video footage of the Gamescon with some of the features (not fully implemented)

For info, Town conversion will be VERY costy. It will take SEVERAL turns (duration not fixed yet). It will raze every building that isn't common to all cities (only keeping marketplace, town hall, tavern).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 12:26

Blue Phoenix because of the moon... i wonder if that ties in with the magic school it's in or the town... probably the school, coz i would actually be ok with it if it was the town.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Aug 2010, 12:27

Neutral unit.
- Metathron

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Aug 2010, 12:39

Of course it will be costly. What I was meaning is that it will be sweet (and RIGHT) if the buildings were getting converted by few at a turn. Not the entire town to be just replaced at once.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 29 Aug 2010, 13:11

it certainly took the griffin a long time to fly (way to high btw) a few tiles forward, rotate 45 degrees and attack...
they really gotta make it more smooth
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 29 Aug 2010, 13:27

Mirez wrote:it certainly took the griffin a long time to fly (way to high btw) a few tiles forward, rotate 45 degrees and attack...
they really gotta make it more smooth
I think the settings were on slow speed though :) (at least I hope so!)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2010, 13:29

Yes, but that could very well be corrected with the introduction of the new game engine, yes? It seemed to me that the animations in H5 were overdone simply on account of Nival's love for the ridiculous. *horse neighs and knight shouts "Griffin forever!" for no apparent reason*

That is why flying creatures would first flap their wings, rise a few metres into the air and then swoop down. It gets old very quickly.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 29 Aug 2010, 13:33

Nelgirith wrote: What is so bad about Ubisoft trying to create its own bestiary and lore ?
Because it sucks? Really, create a NEW creature, don't take one existing creature and changing it. Phoenix has connotations. It has a meaning.

This type of thinking got us sparky "vampires". Really...

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 29 Aug 2010, 13:37

Soronarr wrote:Because it sucks? Really, create a NEW creature, don't take one existing creature and changing it. Phoenix has connotations. It has a meaning.

No comment ... :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 13:49

Soronarr wrote:
Nelgirith wrote: What is so bad about Ubisoft trying to create its own bestiary and lore ?
Because it sucks? Really, create a NEW creature, don't take one existing creature and changing it. Phoenix has connotations. It has a meaning.

Plus, new creatures usually just mean an old one with a new skin... that sparkles. Just look at the Rakshasa...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 29 Aug 2010, 14:26

Kilop wrote:how can you not like the animation ?
If it was in replay to me, then i was not complaining about the quality of animation, but that i'd not like to see (every time) so long animation for something that may happen very frequently.

Does anyone think that when vampires are so full of joy after victory the undeads should be a subject to morale?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 14:37

Pitsu wrote: Does anyone think that when vampires are so full of joy after victory the undeads should be a subject to morale?
They're just faking it... on the inside they are empty, joyless souls... almost makes you weep for them.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 29 Aug 2010, 14:44

btw what are you talking about town conversion animation? I only saw some clips of battle in the video
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 14:47

In the other new video in the gamerscon thread, here: http://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvp ... Kampf.html

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 29 Aug 2010, 14:52

I'd reply that compared to Ubi NWC HoMM games had almost no lore about creature origins etc. MM explained many creatures as aliens, products of (artificial) evolution or creation, but it said little or even controversial info about where they live, what are their habbits etc. Kreegans (devils but not efreets, gogs or hell hounds) had probably the most defined background. There was lot of space for players imagination and everyone could imagine what they wanted. Ubisoft is perhaps screwing a bit over with the level of details. Add to that differences from original MM and you have many people who are not pleased.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 14:56

I always find it funny when every creature's origin is described in detail, except that of the humans... happens in 90% of games nowadays.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”