2 last towns almost official, it appears they killed titans

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 21 Nov 2010, 10:49

I always wonder, what do the male demons do with the female angels that are captured? Just kill them right off?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 21 Nov 2010, 19:20

Apparently demons and angels are asexual so they won't be exchanging recipes for apple pie if that is what you meant.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 25 Nov 2010, 16:30

And frankly, that's a bit of the lore I'd not wish to delve into actually. Because I simply don't care.

So December... with all the units of the known faction released, will they release a new faction in december?
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 Nov 2010, 18:58

Why would anyone want Black Dragons in a possible Faceless faction?

As of now there are Bosses too. Why shouldnt the Blackies be honored to fit as a Boss?

Im sure there will be quite a few dragon bosses, neutrals etc. And I hope so. Since we KINDA got way too many dragons in H5 as top tier units.

My theory is that during or more likely at the end of campaigns, the respective factions defeat a boss dragon which later is incorporated into the faction and even later, as in H5 are shown to be top tier units but in exchange of losing some power in case of betrayal. Some kind of precausion...

Also, anyone noticed a water monster/wyrm like creature in one of the videos?? Is it me or does it remind me of the sea wyrm like creature from the classic Might and Magic 6? game? Im not sure where I found the, should have saved those site. Youtube + Lets play M&M 6 and H6 should get some info.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 29 Nov 2010, 13:24

I think dragons will only return as bosses. Mainly since most HoMM players will agree that there were to many dragons in HoMM V (or MM:HV)

I'm not sure whether fans will like this either; they did like to play with a few dragons...
Grah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Nov 2010, 17:29

B-but ... but ... what about the ... blackie? :S
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Nov 2010, 14:19

The Black Dragon sounds so likely unique, so much like a boss, like a keeper of a powerful secret or treasure. It can be seen as a vial to the unknown itself, like a seal - whether you kill the Black Dragon to release the power of a faction upon the world or unleash its true form. Dunno. Give this Black Dragon a real job to become a quest worth of its name perhaps?

That teaser video seems to show a faceless stealing that blade, doesn't it (the angel that's fallen)? Or did I get that wrong? Being that the case, the Faceless must be a unique hero - a demon.

As for the other factions, I think wizards will come, whether they have mingled 'naga' stereotypes with them (like the rakshasa conga-tcha-tcha-tcha from H5) or not, the Lamasu's description gave away a possibility, as well the 'humanoid' rule you guys are all talking about.

If there's something new there...with humanoids...hum, is there the water wyrm on one of the videos then? So, will they bring an "ocean faction"? Mermaids, hyppocampi, water elemental, merman (trident wielding fighter), lyzard warrior, sea dragon/wyrm, giant ray (tamed, with a rider, for instance). There are plenty of units to put there and there are humanoids as well amongst the mythical. That's a possibility.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Nov 2010, 19:57

Now that it comes to it and if my memory is not failing me, isn't there a GNOLL artwork somewhere? I recall seeing it not too long ago.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 01 Dec 2010, 09:33

If you find a gnoll artwork for H6 then it has to be fake since it's in the list of the abandonned creatures (along with trolls, gremlins and leprechauns)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Dec 2010, 16:48

You probably means this?

IIRC it's old concept art for HVI Gnoll from NIval.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 01 Dec 2010, 21:20

Nival has done that like several years ago and they don't work on the game anymore, so it's safe to assume that any of their sketches are outdated :) Also, what I wrote above was said in an interview in August '11.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Dec 2010, 23:46

I was refering to Panda's post.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 02 Dec 2010, 09:23

Gnolls were great though...
Grah!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Dec 2010, 19:49

Thelonious wrote:Gnolls were great though...
Why, though? To me they were a random, run of the mill unit that happened to look like a dog.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Dec 2010, 21:35

Most of the swamp creatues in H3 were fun, because they posed a greater challenge.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 05 Dec 2010, 22:55

Metathron wrote:Why, though? To me they were a random, run of the mill unit that happened to look like a dog.
They were original :) furthermore, who doens't like man's best friend :)
Grah!

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 06 Dec 2010, 00:06

Metathron wrote:Why, though? To me they were a random, run of the mill unit that happened to look like a dog.
Run-of-the-mill describes most of the units in the series, I mean dragons,vampires, unicorns skeletons, demons, angels, etc. what's new about them?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Dec 2010, 00:11

No. Run of the mill in the sense they were a walker with no abilities and nothing memorable about them. Might as well have slapped a fish or locust face on there.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 06 Dec 2010, 00:24

Oh, right, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Dec 2010, 19:14

Avonu wrote:You probably means this?

IIRC it's old concept art for HVI Gnoll from NIval.
I'm not sure, but I would hazard a guess that it's not it, because I saw a black and white and more wolfish unit (also it was a small pic, like 100 x 100) holding a flail. There was another coloured pic aside the one I saw, and that might be this one.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”