2 last towns almost official, it appears they killed titans

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 30 Aug 2010, 14:05

It's not exactly enlightening of which.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 30 Aug 2010, 14:34

Bit odd to not have wizard faction by contrast of having necro faction.
Then again they can save additional faction for addon. Story wise it is not hard to pin any of original Homm 5 faction to given story line. Reason why any of sibling allie with elves/dark elves or wizards can be thought up and made reasonable(as long as they get decent writer).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Aug 2010, 16:11

tress wrote:(as long as they get decent writer).
And that's the bane of video game stories...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Aug 2010, 17:11

Nelgirith wrote:
Kalah wrote:I'd still like to see sources for all new information, to avoid rumours escalating. Do we have official confirmation on the towns?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VKlITEDOV8 (at 1:20) :) Can't make it any more official !
Wow, i love how he implies heroes is for people who aren't good at playing heroes...

The word you where looking for are "twitch" and "gamer"... which is exactly what anyone wo plays TBS (like Civ or GalCiv etc.) doesn't like to be.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 03 Oct 2010, 17:08

Since one faction is supposed to be new to the series AND there is the jungle tileset AND the naga are known to exist in Ashan, I think one of the factions is going to be the Naga faction.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 03 Oct 2010, 18:17

Yeah, Naga seems to be the crowd favourite.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Oct 2010, 06:32

Probably because there's no other new faction that's been hinted at in Ashan besides them.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Oct 2010, 07:17

It was implied (by one of Russian community's insiders) that the fifth faction will most likely "shock" us. So it's hardly Naga, since everyone is talking about them. It's not impossible, thought, that Naga will be the fourth fation, but I think that it'll be Wizards.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Oct 2010, 07:22

Well there's the Free Cities, but that's too human, so i hope not... and the Faceless... which might actually make sense if we take the underground to mean there's a faction with it as their terrain type. And that would let them include the Black Dragons (and the Titans if the old faction is Academy) and have a new faction.

But the last "new" faction shocked us pretty good seeing how it was just dungeon with pointy ears... so what's to say it's not just Nagas with some weird art direction or whatnot.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Oct 2010, 07:36

Black Dragons can be neutral creatures. And they also can include Shadow Elve in the expansion.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Oct 2010, 07:47

XEL II wrote:Black Dragons can be neutral creatures.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Oct 2010, 08:07

No way. Black Dragons aren't that important to throw in Shadow Elves Dungeon (which would be difficult story-wise, since the siblings are human etc.) just to include them as a town unit.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Oct 2010, 08:41

Did i not just offer the Faceless as an alternative to Dark Elves (they call them Shadow Elves where you're from? Way better imo).

And the could bring back Harpies and Troglodytes to the Dungeon. Maybe even put in a Chimera.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Oct 2010, 08:42

They are called Shadow Elves as far as I know, aren't they?

Faceless idea sucks very hard. There is only one Faceless alive. Besides, the Faceless faction would be like Angels faction -- stupid.
Last edited by XEL II on 04 Oct 2010, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Oct 2010, 08:45

It would be great if they brought back the original universe and made Ashan part of it. It's already stated that Ashan is "on the other side of the Void" and there are Crag Hack, Sandro and Solmyr in Ashan.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Oct 2010, 12:24

XEL II wrote: Faceless idea sucks very hard. There is only one Faceless alive. Besides, the Faceless faction would be like Angels faction -- stupid.
That's the beauty of it... There would only be one Faceless unit in the line-up (or even none), they would simply be the leaders (or leader, but i was under the impression that they where simply very few of them left after the angels went all genocidal on them, not just one, and the DElves made a deal with them at around this time), and that could tie into why they're letting a human take over, they're testing giving power to other races (and they end up with elves in the end for H5's Dungeon).

They are called Shadow Elves as far as I know, aren't they?
Dark Elves in english actually...

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 04 Oct 2010, 13:42

I'm definitely pro a Faceless unit in the Dungeon (maybe as an elite spellcaster). And I wouldn't mind having one (!) Dark Elf unit, too.

What do Faceless actually look like, by the way? Guys with cloaks?

Here's my proposal for a new Dungeon line-up:
Core: Dark Elf, Harpy, Minotaur
Elite: Manticore, Hydra, Faceless
Champion: Black Dragon

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Oct 2010, 14:17

Well the artwork we saw a while back had the Faceless be totally ink black angels with no faces, but who knows when that was made.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 04 Oct 2010, 15:34

Darkström wrote:I'm definitely pro a Faceless unit in the Dungeon (maybe as an elite spellcaster). And I wouldn't mind having one (!) Dark Elf unit, too.
Iirc, Dark elves do not exist yet when H6 is happening. The tribe of Tuidhana has split from the Sylvans but they haven't met Malassa yet.
Darkström wrote:What do Faceless actually look like, by the way? Guys with cloaks?
Darkström wrote:Core: Dark Elf, Harpy, Minotaur
Elite: Manticore, Hydra, Faceless
Champion: Black Dragon
If there are Faceless in the Dungeon, they would most likely be Champions.
They are counterparts of Angels and arch-enemies of them (like Archdevils were in H3).

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 04 Oct 2010, 16:14

XEL II wrote:There is only one Faceless alive.
There are multiple Faceless actually. They're a race, not an individual.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”