Story

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Story

Unread postby Meandor » 26 Aug 2010, 08:50

I admit i don`t know much about Ashan so could anyone fill me what can be expected from upcoming game?

Also, from Black Hole website:
http://www.blackholegames.com/#/games

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 26 Aug 2010, 08:58

Homm 5 story line wont really matter since heroes 6 is set before it.
But basicaly to sum up announced factions we got Demons that are servants of one of primal twin dragons, that wants to bring chaos. And they were sealed away by human who managed to transced into god(dragon) so they can come out only at eclipses or so.
Necromancers are splinter cell of mage guild that were thrown out since their influence were too growing(why they are shown so evil I have no clue, there is nothing much that should separate them from mages).
Humans- humans are humans. Holy empire of zealous fanatics.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 26 Aug 2010, 09:04

[The Might & Magic Heroes VI adventure starts 400 years before the events in Heroes of Might & Magic V, showcasing a family of heroes in a thrilling, epic story where Angels plot to revive an unfinished war.

A legendary Archangel general killed during the war of the Elder races returns to life with a vengeance. Under the cover of preparations for an upcoming Demon invasion, he unites the peoples of Ashan to eradicate his ancient enemies. However, he underestimates the power of the all too human dynasty of the Griffin Dukes.

The Griffin heroes' destinies will be written by players.]

We know that there are 5 siblings each representing a faction. Their motivations and background are not known yet but so far we know there will be one from haven, one from necropolis and one from inferno. Btw around that time is the demon Sovereign's rise to power.

Trailer
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 26 Aug 2010, 11:53

Thank you tress but i knew that. I have played HoMM5 after all, i should have made my post clearer. Thanks anyway.

Elvin, so it`s highly possible that one of these siblings is demon Sovereign? :D

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 26 Aug 2010, 12:04

It crossed my mind but that would be too lame :slap:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 26 Aug 2010, 12:04

Meandor wrote:Elvin, so it`s highly possible that one of these siblings is demon Sovereign? :D
I doubt it since the Archangel is trying to reunite all the brothers/sisters to fight against the Inferno.

The knight who dies in the trailer could be the new Sovereign. That woman tried to put his soul in the sword but an Angel came and stole the soul to offer it to the Inferno forces - this could be that betrayal he wants to take revenge on.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Aug 2010, 13:13

When it's summed up like this ... it's not the worst story line I've heard. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 26 Aug 2010, 13:31

The idea that gods are dragon and a human can ascend to godhood (dragonhood) is IMHO; terrible.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 26 Aug 2010, 13:50

Yeah, I hope the idea of the Dragon Gods eventually turns out to be a facade for something more prosaic, like maybe the dragons are shapeshifting Ancients and the "spirit realm" is some astral homeworld or whatever.
That sort of revelation would be very Might and Magic-ish.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 26 Aug 2010, 14:33

Yep, the dragon gods thing is IMO a pretty bad cover for the fact that they just couldn't come up with a bunch of half-way decent level 7's. I mean come on H3 got 3 dragons in 8/9 towns, H5 got 3/4 in 6/7/8.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 26 Aug 2010, 14:34

Strategy part of Might and magic series never accented it's sci-fi part that was signature in RPG's. And actually I think it works better that way.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 26 Aug 2010, 14:53

tress wrote:Strategy part of Might and magic series never accented it's sci-fi part that was signature in RPG's. And actually I think it works better that way.
I agree. While I always loved the M&M games, I never liked their endings I think it just killed the whole plot

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 26 Aug 2010, 18:14

Well I didn't say it has to happen in Heroes VI :devious:

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 26 Aug 2010, 19:27

tress wrote:Strategy part of Might and magic series never accented it's sci-fi part that was signature in RPG's. And actually I think it works better that way.
Dunno, if NWC would have sticked with their ideas then maybe we would have had decent last town in H3.
When it's summed up like this ... it's not the worst story line I've heard.
Defintely.
Yeah, I hope the idea of the Dragon Gods eventually turns out to be a facade for something more prosaic, like maybe the dragons are shapeshifting Ancients and the "spirit realm" is some astral homeworld or whatever.
That sort of revelation would be very Might and Magic-ish.
With Marzhin(sp? sorry can`t remember his correct user name) on board i wouldn`t think thats impossible that they`d try to merge old homm universe with Ashan, as far as i remember he knows HoMM lore pretty well.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 26 Aug 2010, 20:15

Dunno, if NWC would have sticked with their ideas then maybe we would have had decent last town in H3.
At least I am from those ppl who are glad they didnt. Conflux aint that bad design wise. Its not elemental's fault they made it dis-balanced. It had great art/music and everything. Forge on other hand (IMO) would ruin Homm atmpsphere, no matter how far sci -fi part is integred in general universe. Besides mm and homm is widely inconsistent to each other already so doesn't matter really to get them together.

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 27 Aug 2010, 05:57

viewtopic.php?t=9700
Heroes V and DM story

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Aug 2010, 17:16

tress wrote: At least I am from those ppl who are glad they didnt. Conflux aint that bad design wise. Its not elemental's fault they made it dis-balanced. It had great art/music and everything. Forge on other hand (IMO) would ruin Homm atmpsphere, no matter how far sci -fi part is integred in general universe. Besides mm and homm is widely inconsistent to each other already so doesn't matter really to get them together.
Yeah, wouldn't want HoMM to be in any way different from all the other generic fantasy setting, would we.

But really, the Forge town units where rather uninspired... not that Conflux was any better.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 03 Sep 2010, 20:42

Although abandoning the old universe was to me like a kick in the face with a shoe, i could swallow and ingest it after a while...
I took H5 like a new game with same/similar features (still it had not to be named HoMM V or even MMH V).
------------------------------------------
I love dragons and see them as ancient, long living and intelligent (!) creatures.Have no problem accepting some of them as godly/divine beings.
Even if they sometimes devour some young girls or any human, thats not their daily meal... :devil: These are, probably just individual 'bad guys'... ;)
Really hate, that dragons in majority of stories and games are just targets for any bastards quests and treasure hunts...
---------------------------------------------
Meandor wrote:
Elvin, so it`s highly possible that one of these siblings is demon Sovereign?
More likely one of these siblings is under Sovereign's influence...
Splinter sayings:
You must strike hard and fade away...

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind, there are few...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Sep 2010, 07:45

SplinterHoMM wrote:
Meandor wrote:
Actually according to lore at around the time H6 is set in the Demon Sovereign replaces the 6 Demon Overlords, so he might just be.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 04 Sep 2010, 12:29

ThunderTitan wrote:
SplinterHoMM wrote:
Meandor wrote:
Actually according to lore at around the time H6 is set in the Demon Sovereign replaces the 6 Demon Overlords, so he might just be.
Or they could be following the Clash of Heroes storyline style, where one of the siblings is "infected" with a demon-controlling artifact. ;|
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”