Less Dragons as top lvl creature pls!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Aug 2010, 06:54

I think the problem with the HV dragons was in that they did not looked impressive (and I mean big) on the battle and the adventure maps. You have to admit the were totally different from one another and you just can't put the Magma/Lava ones in the "they suck" category. I guess the problem with them in HV was the alternate upgrades - this one gave the feeling they are too much (but only when you THINK of it). Other ways I am OK with dragons. Gotta cuddle one home (but not a Magmie, pls :tongue: ).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 12:16

tress wrote:
I wonder if people consider Magma Dragons as dragons.
I dont, but can fact that is hardly dragon be reason enough for people to not use it to fuel their pathological hatred against Homm5.
Yeah, it's not like it had DRAGON right there in the name...

But i guess it was better then having it as just another winged european style dragon again.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Aug 2010, 12:20

Just a slower version of crystal dragon ;)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2010, 12:49

As dragons are godly creatures in H5, if they are to be units at all, they must surely be top-level units. The biggest, baddest creatures obtainable.

I want a black dragon which is immune to all magic, and I want a magic (faerie) dragon.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 13:44

I want a european style dragon, which should be black, or at least have magic immunity, and then if they want to add other dragons they should use an asian one and maybe a faerie dragon... any others should be neutrals.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 29 Aug 2010, 17:58

I love dragons and never ever felt there are to many... But i agree on creature variety point.
Anyway i want to see Black an Fairy dragons in towns, others (sour/acid breathing Rust/Golden, non flying Magma/Crystal, and Green
/Emerald) could appear as at least as neutral.

All the bastards are doing raids/quests to kill these royal creatures so, naturally, necromancers have enough 'source' to ad some stronger unit to their army.Therefore Bone dragons should also appear even if as a neutral.

Would like to see smaller flying lizard, called Desert/Sand dragon to appear in the deserts and Azure dragon as the strongest unit in the game ...
Splinter sayings:
You must strike hard and fade away...

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind, there are few...

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Aug 2010, 19:32

Gah. Even if they reduce the number of dragons in towns, we'll be forever handling their damned crystalized blood. :wall:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 29 Aug 2010, 20:04

That's a real crap.Why not simply crystal?.. :disagree:
:stop: Stop killing dragons for industry purpose!!! :no:
Splinter sayings:

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind, there are few...

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 29 Aug 2010, 20:10

"...Ubisoft would like to assure fans that all of its Crystallised Dragon Blood © is harvested from dragons that died either of natural causes, died in battles, or gave it willingly..."

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 29 Aug 2010, 20:11

Meh..personally, I'd make angels the strongest and rarest units in the entire game. Not dragons.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 29 Aug 2010, 20:22

Hmm, maybe there actually are still 4 rare resources? A, B, AB and 0 type of blood crystals? Adding rhesus positive and negative versions... On the other hand, maybe it does not apply to dragon blood - like crystallization (of what?) does not apply to human blood.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 29 Aug 2010, 20:23

It's funny how the reason they cited for using dragons as the focal point for Ashan's mythology amounted to "the fans really can't get enough of them".

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2010, 20:40

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 29 Aug 2010, 20:52

MattII wrote:"...Ubisoft would like to assure fans that all of its Crystallised Dragon Blood © is harvested from dragons that died either of natural causes, died in battles, or gave it willingly..."
Am i supposed to believe this... :|
Soronarr wrote:Meh..personally, I'd make angels the strongest and rarest units in the entire game. Not dragons.
No!Angel just should have strong abilities/features like incorporeal and pain mirror(!)(how dare you to attack an angel?!).Also heavenly aura protecting them from all cursing/weakening spells/effects.
Splinter sayings:

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 29 Aug 2010, 21:13

Soronarr wrote:Meh..personally, I'd make angels the strongest and rarest units in the entire game. Not dragons.
Only because you want the Paladin in at tier 7.
Corlagon wrote:It's funny how the reason they cited for using dragons as the focal point for Ashan's mythology amounted to "the fans really can't get enough of them".
No, I think the reason they did it is because they couldn't get enough of them, that or they were really stuffed for ideas about the origins of the world.
SplinterHoMM wrote:Am i supposed to believe this... :|
Hey, it's straight from the horse's...from the dragon's...oh what the heck, it was 15 seconds of thought, 30 seconds of typing, and 15 seconds of looking for the copyright icon.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 30 Aug 2010, 03:07

I think the strongest and rarest unit of the game is big blue flying serpent
:devil:

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Aug 2010, 10:21

I'm just gunna say it since nobody else is.
What if the bleu dragon is an azure dragon?
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 30 Aug 2010, 10:24

MattII wrote:
Only because you want the Paladin in at tier 7.
How would that help?
Pallies as tier 6 is what I'm aiming at.

And yes, angels as the most powerful (and expensive) Tier 7..because it's a friggin ANGEL.

b.t.w. - reffering to gods as dragons doesn't mean the gods are actual dragons.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 30 Aug 2010, 10:34

Soronarr wrote:And yes, angels as the most powerful (and expensive) Tier 7..because it's a friggin ANGEL.
And so how does that make them more powerful than say demons or dragons, given that they are not the servants of god, just another race like the Faceless?

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 30 Aug 2010, 12:02

ecsunotos wrote:I think the strongest and rarest unit of the game is big blue flying serpent
:devil:
I think it could be the champion unit of the Naga faction. Sea Serpent or Water Dragon or whatever.

Nagas worship the dragon of water and have an oriental style (judging from H5 concept art). Now look at that snake...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”