Impressions from Gamescom

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 23 Aug 2010, 16:55

ThunderTitan wrote: Did you get to see it [fort which controls the mines] in action? How does this work exactly?
I didn't see how it works - I mean it was there but all the mines already were under my control. I guess the player will be able to garrison an army in the fort which will control all the mines around so you won't need to worry about some low level rogue hero. No more news about the 2D town screens and and the level system.
znork, Alderbranch, and Gunnar, couldn't say who is who though.
Haha, wrong! They were there, just not in this pic. :)

I don't think I can reveal who's the composer since there has been no official statement but use your imagination...

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 Aug 2010, 16:56

It's right there on the front page :tongue:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 23 Aug 2010, 16:58

lol, I missed the last sentenence. :rofl:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Aug 2010, 17:12

alcibiades wrote:Great report ... even if I'm also majorly dissapointed about the dropped Initiative system, possibly the single greatest addition to the series from Heroes 5. :disagree:
Too bad it was implemented so sloppily.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

yodus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yodus » 23 Aug 2010, 17:13

The screen fades and we are shown some awesome new landscapes in the game – the underground looks just terriffic!
Has anyone took picture of this ? Even blurry /behind shoulder/form hidden camera ;-)

alma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alma » 23 Aug 2010, 17:43

arturchix wrote:I did make a video when the demo was presented but I can't upload it, only pics, sorry. I think Xhane will write a report on what happened there, she was filming as well so let's wait for that one. ;)

Another thing - I reminded Erwan that H5 basically had no normal Haven campaign since the first one is a huge tutorial and he said that it's going to change in H6. Meaning, there will be a tutorial map but optional and the players will be able to skip it and start with the real campaign. If I remember correctly, there will be 20 scenarios from all campaigns in total (don't remember if it was 4 scenarios in 5 campaigns or vice versa) and you won't be forced to play the campaigns in a specific order. However, finishing them all will unlock the final campaign.

No news about a DRM but we and the devs are on the same page...
Sad to hear that because I don't expect too much from Ubisoft now... :(
I don't want to be negative but what's true it's true, the webpage of the game contains nothing. The teaser video, some screenshots and that's all. Link to facebook, to a nearly abandoned twitter page and to the official forums which is official because of it belongs to Ubisoft and not because of we can get answers there from official source because we can't, nobody represents the developers and/or the publisher on the official forums yet. :( No dev diaries, ingame videos, story page, info page, nothing at all.
I hoped that it would change after the Gamescom but still nothing.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 23 Aug 2010, 18:01

alma wrote:I hoped that it would change after the Gamescom but still nothing.
Yeah we should start rioting and burn them, the Gamescon has been over for less than a day and we got nothing new ! :devious:

/sarcasm off

Don't you think you're a bit over-exagerating ? ;)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Aug 2010, 18:02

Ethric wrote:It's right there on the front page :tongue:
It was wishful thinking on my part. I'm having a little trouble bringing me back in the loop. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

alma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alma » 23 Aug 2010, 18:08

Nelgirith wrote:
Yeah we should start rioting and burn them, the Gamescon has been over for less than a day and we got nothing new ! :devious:

/sarcasm off

You didn't get the main thought: the main thought is that the webpage itself is a very big disappointment and it wasn't made after the gamescom and that's why I expect not much. If they thought that this webpage will be enough for the common fans who are not on the Gamescom I don't think that they will worry about us too much.
I didn't write anything about rioting, burning, etc, you are over exaggerating my post and not I am the over exaggerator. I just wrote down the facts. I hope they'll prove me wrong and we'll get great devdiaries, ingame videos, more screenshots, tutorials, descriptions.

yodus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yodus » 23 Aug 2010, 18:19

alma wrote:
Nelgirith wrote:

/sarcasm off

You didn't get the main thought: the main thought is that the webpage itself is a very big disappointment and it wasn't made after the gamescom and that's why I expect not much. If they thought that this webpage will be enough for the common fans who are not on the Gamescom I don't think that they will worry about us too much.
I didn't write anything about rioting, burning, etc, you are over exaggerating my post and not I am the over exaggerator. I just wrote down the facts. I hope they'll prove me wrong and we'll get great devdiaries, ingame videos, more screenshots, tutorials, descriptions.
http://www.thief4.com/ - this is disappointing game webpage ;) And it didn't changed since year

alma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alma » 23 Aug 2010, 18:27

yodus wrote:
alma wrote:
Nelgirith wrote: Yeah we should start rioting and burn them, the Gamescon has been over for less than a day and we got nothing new ! :devious:

/sarcasm off

http://www.thief4.com/ - this is disappointing game webpage ;) And it didn't changed since year
Yep, it's a worse example. It's common in gaming industry. They make a non informative webpage, they don't bother with official forums, don't communicate with fans. And then you find 30+ name in the manual under the "community" part and you can't figure it out how is it possible. :)
I still hope that this won't be the case here, coz only less that 1 week passed since the announcement and they accentuated in every single interview that the community is sooo important to them. :)

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 23 Aug 2010, 18:43

With Marzin and Arturchix having regular beers with (other) developers and (me) not being aware of mr. Le Breton's bad characteristics, maybe there is some hope for MM franchise after all. Yet l wonder how many fans Ubi invited to gamescon and from which number starts "numerous". From the quote from the official announcement I get the close partnership thing for some fan's, but wonder whether other fans have a chance for any partnership...
Enjoy the critically acclaimed Heroes gameplay, remasterized with the well-known developer, Black Hole Entertainment, and in close partnership with the game's numerous fans.
:devil:

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 23 Aug 2010, 19:20

Pitsu wrote:With Marzin and Arturchix having regular beers with (other) developers and (me) not being aware of mr. Le Breton's bad characteristics, maybe there is some hope for MM franchise after all. Yet l wonder how many fans Ubi invited to gamescon and from which number starts "numerous". From the quote from the official announcement I get the close partnership thing for some fan's, but wonder whether other fans have a chance for any partnership...
Trust us when we say we as fans have have real influence. The dev team was realy in to youre reactions!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 23 Aug 2010, 19:53

I'm still interested in finding out who else is in this secret cloak-and-dagger forum. We've had no reports at HC so either nobody there is involved, or they're staying silent for fear that we'll lynch them or something.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 23 Aug 2010, 21:01

Corlagon wrote:I'm still interested in finding out who else is in this secret cloak-and-dagger forum. We've had no reports at HC so either nobody there is involved, or they're staying silent for fear that we'll lynch them or something.
Or there's a NDA ;)

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 Aug 2010, 21:20

DRM for people... from ubisoft. I bet propes are involved... deeply involved.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 23 Aug 2010, 23:51

Hopes for something good are rising...
and fears to get disappointed... ;|
Splinter sayings:
You must strike hard and fade away...

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind, there are few...

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 24 Aug 2010, 05:05

Nelgirith wrote:
Corlagon wrote:I'm still interested in finding out who else is in this secret cloak-and-dagger forum. We've had no reports at HC so either nobody there is involved, or they're staying silent for fear that we'll lynch them or something.
Or there's a NDA ;)
There is. but we can talk about what we saw at demo. Note everyone has choosen do to so.
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Aug 2010, 06:31

Znork wrote:There is. but we can talk about what we saw at demo. Note everyone has choosen do to so.
Point me at them... i'll make them talk...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 24 Aug 2010, 06:53

Znork wrote: Trust us when we say we as fans have have real influence. The dev team was realy in to youre reactions!
Trust you? Because you are a mascot or an official whiskey taster for the cult of Alderbranch? Any better warranty that there won't be weird misscommunications?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”