Will there be a console version ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
labwarrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Will there be a console version ?

Unread postby labwarrior » 22 Aug 2010, 09:39

The game is turn based and would be perfect fit for consoles, will there be a console version this time ?

Any news or hints ? Afterall these developers have worked on a 360 game before and their engine is ready for 360 already

Also Heroes has appeared both in DS and XBLA/PSN soon in Clash of Heroes, but a real Heroes game would be 1000x more huge on 360

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 22 Aug 2010, 10:12

The only other possible platform is Mac. Maybe they will change their mind later, but I doubt it

labwarrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby labwarrior » 22 Aug 2010, 10:15

MistWeaver wrote:The only other possible platform is Mac. Maybe they will change their mind later, but I doubt it
It is rather strange though, i mean of all PC games i can think of, this would be the easiest to port to consoles

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 22 Aug 2010, 11:09

Turn based strategy games aren't very popular on consoles. The only popular turn based strategy series on the consoles is Fire Emblem. Final Fantasy Tactics was popular too but it's not on any of the new consoles. Turn based strategy games tend to do a lot better on hand helds.

More strategy games will probably come out for the consoles, especially with PS Move and Kinect coming out, but it's still a pretty big risk.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 22 Aug 2010, 11:56

There won't be a console version, no.

labwarrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby labwarrior » 22 Aug 2010, 12:01

vicheron wrote:Turn based strategy games aren't very popular on consoles. The only popular turn based strategy series on the consoles is Fire Emblem. Final Fantasy Tactics was popular too but it's not on any of the new consoles. Turn based strategy games tend to do a lot better on hand helds.

More strategy games will probably come out for the consoles, especially with PS Move and Kinect coming out, but it's still a pretty big risk.
Clash of Heroes is coming to 360 though and is turn based i think

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Aug 2010, 13:25

It will also be a downloadable game, and those have lower thresholds for success.

Strategy games on consoles have sales that would have been great in late '90's numbers, but nowadays with "AAA" games selling over 10 mil. just don't compare.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 22 Aug 2010, 17:35

a port to console will be most unlikely

however if you want to play homm nice and comfy on your couch you can do like a friend of mine and plug a wire from your laptop into your flatscreen and use an application on your phone so it can act as a mousepad
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 22 Aug 2010, 20:00

Nintendo DS has a lot of strategy games, including one of the best TBS of all time, "Age of Empires: Age of Kings". It also has "Advance Wars" and "Panzer Tactitcs", both of them very good. But other than the DS, the rest of the consoles are not very friendly to strategy games (or to more properly say, there is some "consensus",true or not, that console users don't like strategy games because they are very long).

Most PC games have suffered from trying to make them multiplatform. They get converted into a version that will appeal all publics and the result is a watered down version of the game. The only exception is Civilization. They have made a console-only version, "Civilization Revolution". I wouldn't mind to see a "HOMM Revolution", but I would not like to see HOMM6 in consoles, because it would mean that HOMM6 would be simpler in order to get into consoles.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Aug 2010, 20:15

Hand-helds are not what most people think of when posting about consoles on the internet...

And what is true is that strategy games don't sell as well as other game genres on the consoles... no matter their length... not even the Halo name helped (and the fact that under 2 million sales is "bad" now, effing mainstream)
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 22 Aug 2010, 20:35

2 millionsales can be good or bad depending on the game budget. Both Ageo of Empires and Advanced Wars spawned a second game. I suppose that's a sign that they make profit for their companies.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 22 Aug 2010, 21:12

I hope there will be, as that would give us negative people even more ammo :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Aug 2010, 21:36

OliverFA wrote:2 million sales can be good or bad depending on the game budget.
Did i not make it clear i was talking about the 7th gen consoles, and not handhelds or PC?!

And Halo Wars was even the last game by the devs behind AoE... even though they have been nothing but profitable... just not enough for M$...

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 22 Aug 2010, 21:38

Why does everyone think that HOMM would have to be watered down for consoles the same way Civilization had to be? It's not that I don't support the idea of Heroes VI being PC only (because really, that's where it belongs and that's where most of the target audience is), but I think that some people have the assumption that Heroes is somehow too complicated for either a gamepad or people who play console games.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Aug 2010, 21:42

Why do you think that Heroes is the one game that will buckle the trend?!

Strategy games don't do well on consoles, that's a fact... be it because of gamepad, players or anything else you want (hint, it's players, even the Halo name didn't get that game more the 1 mil in sales).

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 22 Aug 2010, 21:56

ThunderTitan wrote:Why do you think that Heroes is the one game that will buckle the trend?!

Strategy games don't do well on consoles, that's a fact... be it because of gamepad, players or anything else you want (hint, it's players, even the Halo name didn't get that game more the 1 mil in sales).
I agree with you when talking about the audience. (Also, Halo Wars was kind of crap anyways) That's why I said Heroes VI should stay on PC. But hypothetically, I think it could work on consoles with minimal sacrifices because it's not super technically complicated the way Civ games are.

In any case, arguing about this is pointless because it's not coming to consoles.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 22 Aug 2010, 22:19

Well rts fails on the consoles because micro'ing with a controller is hard as hell and it just don't work very well because you cannot use hotkeys

however I see no problem with tbs as you can take as long as you want to make a move (or atleast you can take a few seconds) and you can play heroes with 2 buttons pretty much
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

labwarrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby labwarrior » 23 Aug 2010, 07:01

Mirez wrote:a port to console will be most unlikely

however if you want to play homm nice and comfy on your couch you can do like a friend of mine and plug a wire from your laptop into your flatscreen and use an application on your phone so it can act as a mousepad
:)

That is exactly what i will do, i already play Blu ray from my laptop and played Whispered World that way

It is just i would like to play it with a pad, feels so much more comfortable

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Aug 2010, 08:48

Deadguy118 wrote:Also, Halo Wars was kind of crap anyways
What did you expect from a RTS made exclusively for consoles?!

But hypothetically, I think it could work on consoles with minimal sacrifices because it's not super technically complicated the way Civ games are.
When it comes to hardware current consoles could probably handle previous Civ games... they're basically custom computers nowadays anyway.

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 23 Aug 2010, 15:51

Deadguy118 wrote:Why does everyone think that HOMM would have to be watered down for consoles the same way Civilization had to be? It's not that I don't support the idea of Heroes VI being PC only (because really, that's where it belongs and that's where most of the target audience is), but I think that some people have the assumption that Heroes is somehow too complicated for either a gamepad or people who play console games.
Looking at the fans manual for Heroes V, it IS too complicated. Console players (not handheld ones, as ThunderTitan pointed) want quick games. Heroes games are too long for them. At the very least, they would have to remove the biggest sizes of maps.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”