Heroes VI pictures

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 07 Sep 2010, 09:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIyZrezALN0

If we assume its campaign hero rather than regular necromant it seems cloth wise(hood,streams of cloth) she looks like woman in far right.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Sep 2010, 10:09

The one in the video has no heed, that's hair... which is why i was wondering in the first place.

Of course the other gal doesn't have long enough hair it seems...

So it's still just at 90% imo...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 07 Sep 2010, 10:16

Imo thats clearly hood on adventure map(9th sec in video), though she has none in sidebar screen, but her hairdo there is a lot different. than one in art in this post.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 07 Sep 2010, 10:18

She's the one from the trailer where the spider symbols are evident.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Sep 2010, 10:23

Nah, that video isn't high quality enough to make out if that's a hood or just weird hair... got any 720p+ videos around?! though i'll have to check them at home, the net here sucks.

But sure, 95% now...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Sep 2010, 11:32

Hmmm... over at HC they say the insubstantial guy is probably their father, which would mean one of the siblings is missing...

And the gal on the right is necro for sure:

[img]http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1899/familyw.jpg[/img]

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 07 Sep 2010, 12:02

The other green one could be Dungeon, and the new faction sibling is missing.

Or the other way round. ^^

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Sep 2010, 12:09

Actually according to the good people at HC both chicks are necros, as the last one isn't a sibling, but some sort of plot relevant Necromancer.
On that pic, I suppose the ghost is Duke Pavel's ghost (the father), then there's Anton, Kiril and Anastasia and finally to the extreme right is Sveltana.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 07 Sep 2010, 12:42

Hmm, it could also be a Necropolis might hero.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Sep 2010, 14:19

Come to think of it, it looks like all the siblings are might heroes for their factions.

Oh, and why didn't anyone figure mention that we now know what unit this is:

Blue Phoenix... bleh.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Sep 2010, 14:46

*sighs*

It's a poo. :sad:

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 07 Sep 2010, 17:20

Only three of these five characters are the sibling protagonists, the three in the foreground. As far as I can tell, from left to right:

Pavel - father of main heroes, guy killed in trailer
Anton - Sibling, Haven hero
Kiril - Sibling, Inferno hero
Anastasia - Sibling, Necropolis hero
Sveltana - Secondary Necropolis hero, girl in trailer

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 07 Sep 2010, 19:54

ThunderTitan wrote: Oh, and why didn't anyone figure mention that we now know what unit this is:

Blue Phoenix... bleh.
I thought it was a phoenix when I first saw that pic. But I thought the blue colour was part of the t-shirt design...

Still it looks way better than its H5 counterpart.

Dragon Angel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dragon Angel » 07 Sep 2010, 20:57

Darkström wrote: But I thought the blue colour was part of the t-shirt design....
Either that or we have a pallete-swap Thunderbird... :?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Sep 2010, 06:44

Dragon Angel wrote: Either that or we have a pallete-swap Thunderbird... :?
Nope, one of the VIP fan guys said the Phoenix is blue now, because it's associated with the moon... (and it's not like silver would have been a better colour anyway).

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 08 Sep 2010, 08:06

ThunderTitan wrote:
Soronarr wrote:^
There is slippery slope.
Dear Lord, some other game handeled a specific issue/element better, and I?d like H6 to learn from that.....HORRIFIYNG! I FELL TO THE DARK SIDE!!! :hoo:

OH, woe is me! :(
Except that it didn't handle it better in any objective way, it handled it differently (darker art) and you liked it better... and putting in an art style that is basically the opposite of the one used in 1-4 alters the feel of the game (just look at H5, feels totally weird).
More polygons, crisper textures, higher color range = BETTER. That's not subjective. Disciples 3 has way better graphics.

For example:
http://en.akella.com/Files/News/597/shot_0124.jpg (Hero screen)

http://www2.strategyfirst.com/downloads ... 24x768.jpg (one of the in-game units)

units:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv4nDdSnjPk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhgZafuj ... re=related

Or THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuu-WqtC ... re=related

Go ahead and tell me HOMM V has better design or graphics.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 08 Sep 2010, 09:19

HOMM V has better design or graphics.
I can repeat this part of statement.
D3 might have more polygons on their models but they would be somewhat useful if they would have found other color than gray.
Anri aint bad artist but they simply couldnt make that art work even compared to previous disciple parts. Every armor have same gray outline that just sinks into same gray background. Compare art design of warrior hero and capitol guard, exactly same pattern that kills design to begin with. Even demonic red they use for legions, is gray.
This one illustrates that perfectly, there is only couple units that have other color than gray/brown, and none of it stands out as it should. They even managed to give faces the same shade . If you compare with D2 art you should definitely feel the difference, and no amount of polygons or colors can help that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Sep 2010, 09:31

Soronarr wrote: More polygons, crisper textures, higher color range = BETTER. That's not subjective. Disciples 3 has way better graphics.

Go ahead and tell me HOMM V has better design or graphics.
Yeah, a game that came out later had more polygons and better textures... really incredible.

But you fail reading comprehension forever, even Kalah got it that i was talking about the overall art style the 2 game series used, and not the individual games... especially not H5, which i specifically mention as doing what you want and changing the aesthetic of the series, and how it looked off because of that.

If you want to really compare the technical stuff you should compare H4 with Dis2.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 08 Sep 2010, 12:39

tress wrote: D3 might have more polygons on their models but they would be somewhat useful if they would have found other color than gray.
You not liking the color scheme hardly changes anything.

Far more attention to detail and a far more "realistic" feel. It could have used a bit more color, but it beats H5 design by leauges.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 08 Sep 2010, 13:37

I hope you realize that those games have 4 year difference, and disciples were started about same time as homm5 came out. Might as well compare unreal 2 with crysis and then talk about polygon count. And even for all the polygon count it have, I prefer looks of d2 or homm(apart from 4) art.
D3 is massive failure on every level, as game, as disciples, as strategy, as rpg or whatever it thinks it is and no amount of models clarity can save it. Does they look good - perhaps, does they give me feeling I would expect from fantasy game- heck no.
It could have used a bit more color
But it didnt and it looks like gray dirt because of it.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”