Heroes VI pictures

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby Elvin » Nov 5 2010, 9:44

Come on, a necromancer with demon forces? They are sworn enemies.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Thelonious » Nov 5 2010, 22:17

We are talking about UbiHole...

Anyways, pictures seem to be released every so often on the facebook page; I just hope that they'll make a proper site for the game aswell. Though the HoMM V site floped...

Oh and anyone know why there are 2 artworks of a necro hero and fighting heaven/necro troops?
Grah!

BB Shockwave
Scout
Scout

Postby BB Shockwave » Nov 7 2010, 14:24

Rion wrote:I didn't mean that specific armour (though agree that it's too red), but more that what kind of Vampire it is.

But the idea was that the one in the picture i posted from BB has a certain whimsy about it... something Heroes could benefit from getting back.

You mean like the tuxedo wearing Vampires of H4? Because I weren't weren't too happy with that.

I can't really say I either remember or miss anything whimsy about Heroes. While I've played H2 at a friend's place a long time ago, my own first Heroes game was H3.

IMHO, a Vampire doesn't need armor. Look at how D&D portrays them - like this "Vampire Guildmaster" miniature:

It's not a tuxedo, but the long collar and cloak are there. It's what matters. You look at them and can tell that is a Vampire. The Heroes V Vampire looked like death knights with a bat fetish. I mean, you cannot even see the fangs unless you zoom in. I even prefer the King's Bounty Vampires to them.

Btw, why would a Vampire fight with a 2-handed sword? How is he able to draw the enemy's blood when attacking, anyway?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Nov 7 2010, 16:42

Actually that suit does resemble a tuxedo, which was the idea, not that it should be a tuxedo. Like the armour they had in the blood bowl pic i posted somewhere around the forum.

Elvin wrote:Still Pavel was not killed by necro forces, it looks like Sveltana got there afterwards.

Not Pavel, but his son, the guy that supposedly got murdered by his daughter...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby Avonu » Dec 16 2010, 22:12

Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Postby Variol » Dec 16 2010, 23:45

Avonu wrote:Stronghold pictures in-game (and also three other units).

http://pressakey.com/news,1602,Might-and-Magic-Heroes-VI-Neue-Fraktion-Screenshots,.html

Wow, that looks excellent!

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Postby Darkström » Dec 17 2010, 0:16

- Horned, striped centaurs
- Spiked Cyclopses
- Two more orc units

Hm, I'll miss the Wyvern.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Postby parcaleste » Dec 17 2010, 6:42

Zebra-chick Centaurs, how creative... But still I think the faction looks a bit better than the last time (something like Inkas or Mayan civilization), even though the Cyclops (IF this is a Cyclops) was better looking in V.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Dec 17 2010, 6:57

The zebra female centaurs and the multi-coloured harpies are probably the most visually interesting units so far... but it's a real pity that the faction is so little changed from H5.

I do like how far out you can zoom judging from those screenshots... H5 always felt too close.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Thelonious » Dec 19 2010, 10:12

I still don't see how that one unit could be a cyclops. meybe it's a huge troll...
Grah!

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Postby Dave_Jame » Dec 20 2010, 19:59

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Postby Darkström » Dec 20 2010, 20:44

Yuck.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Postby Pol » Dec 20 2010, 21:30

IMHO they should stop copying "Mark of Chaos". Especially "this" set of rules. I hoped that they will go with a sane judgment.

Name
Enraged Cyclops

Faction
Stronghold

Characteristics
- monstrous Giants, body and mind twisted by chaotic surges. *1,
- used as heavy shock troops and "siege engines"
- "evil eye" that can incinerate their enemies *2,

1 - Repeating this is plainly stupid. Whereas it work in Warhammer this is a different universe.
2 - If that unit is having low IQ, which after surge seems to be the case, it would be far from their ability, to control such a skill.

I require change of this unit!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby Orfinn » Dec 20 2010, 21:57

The looks of it... Well, it certainly shows it in a more realistic/mature way. How badly some of the Wizards experiments went. And this is a prequel to H V, lore wise. Have NOBODY thought of that maybe the time between have calmed down the looks of the cyclopes.

Maybe they kinda evolved around the urges, being a bit less bizarre. I dont know. Because I really DONT know how creatures would react if they were injected with demon blood :D

I love how crazy the Cyclops looks, but maybe a bit overweighted right arm, heh. At least hes left handed, which Im too. Welcome to the club blood brother :-D

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Postby Dave_Jame » Dec 20 2010, 22:00

Pol wrote:IMHO they should stop copying "Mark of Chaos". Especially "this" set of rules. I hoped that they will go with a sane judgment.

Name
Enraged Cyclops

Faction
Stronghold

Characteristics
- monstrous Giants, body and mind twisted by chaotic surges. *1,
- used as heavy shock troops and "siege engines"
- "evil eye" that can incinerate their enemies *2,

1 - Repeating this is plainly stupid. Whereas it work in Warhammer this is a different universe.
2 - If that unit is having low IQ, which after surge seems to be the case, it would be far from their ability, to control such a skill.

I require change of this unit!

Do you want the change because the description or for its looks? for me it looks really simmular to the one i H-V. To tell the truth, it looks most as its H-V version from all the units so far.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Thelonious » Dec 20 2010, 22:00

I was pointed out that I missed the cyclops. I'm not liking this version... to bad...
Grah!

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Postby Dave_Jame » Dec 20 2010, 22:03

Orfinn wrote:I love how crazy the Cyclops looks, but maybe a bit overweighted right arm, heh. At least hes left handed, which Im too. Welcome to the club blood brother :-D

Yea, the right arm looks weird

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby Orfinn » Dec 20 2010, 22:05

Elvin wrote:Come on, a necromancer with demon forces? They are sworn enemies.

I know its on another planet (Axeoth), but you do remember Gauldoth Half-Dead? As far as I recall he lead an demon army. Made even more sense with the infernopolis though.

Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kalah » Dec 20 2010, 23:53

I'm wondering how it will work as a siege engine ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Postby TheUndeadKing » Dec 21 2010, 1:12

Dave_Jame wrote:Image

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Return to “Heroes V-VI”