Heroes VI pictures

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Heroes VI pictures

Unread postby cjlee » 17 Aug 2010, 16:23

http://www.heroworld.net/album.php?id=36

not sure where these guys got them from. But it seems Ubisoft isn't planning on major changes. The battle screens look the same, except with graphics greatly enhanced.

I'm guessing most people's computers will die (or at least their graphics cards will die).

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 18 Aug 2010, 00:10

That is Heroes 6!? It looks more like some glorified artwork of Heroes 5 @_@
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 18 Aug 2010, 08:56

From graphical point of view it really looks like a cheap (but enhanced) copy of Heroes 5. Now let's wait for those boasting PR statements about how greatest game ever this one will be.

I hope that at least the gameplay won't be simplified (bastardized, casual-friendlyzed, call it however you want).
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

LongDarkBlues
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby LongDarkBlues » 18 Aug 2010, 18:47

The overall art design looks great - the world itself is so richly detailed. Similar to H5, but greatly refined, I think.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Aug 2010, 19:01

I'm impressed and tempted to say. From what they showed, the in game art is very captivating.

Simply, I like it!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2010, 19:05

Arghhh... i had to go away the week the announce this... i wanted to post that conversion pic... even saved it on my phone...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Archaven
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archaven » 21 Aug 2010, 06:13

My personal opinion:

Pro:
Different dev was chosen (Black hole) instead of Nival.

Cons:
Looks exactly like Heroes 5. Now this was lame. I was really hoping a new developer was chosen for Heroes 6 basically i hate the graphics and artistic design (including creatures, towns and animation designs) which was totally different than past Heroes games developed by Nival.

BH please don't make recopy of Heroes 5. Hate it honestly.

Personal Preference:
Basically this is just my personal preference. Would like it if they could remove the turn based mechanism in adventure map. I had like more of King's Bounty: The Legend and Armored Princess more than Heroes now due to this factor. Maybe it's bad for multiplayer but i had really hoped it would be like KB. Now this is a radical change.. Most probably would anger thousands of purist Heroes fan. But i used to be a Heroes fan, i just somehow like the free roam in adventure map more. As stated just by personal preference :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Aug 2010, 12:11

PLS GUYS, MAKE EVERY GAME I PLAY THE SAME, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY, THAT'S JUST TOO HARD...

And seriously, the game looks as different from H5 as it can while using the same engine... and there's no way they can scrap the engine now as they'd have to start from scratch again...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 21 Aug 2010, 12:15

That's NOT the same engine. It's Black hole's own engine.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Aug 2010, 12:30

Oh, okay then... so it's all their fault then, good to know.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Aug 2010, 18:55

The looks of the creatures and heroes are what they should have been in H5 from the start. Darker, rougher and grittier. To bad it kinda looks like H5 yet....

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 24 Aug 2010, 21:19

I don't get how people can say it looks like H5 ... I mean seriously, H5 looks just as cartoonish as Warcraft 3, H6 definately doesn't 8|

Also it was confirmed that H6 does NOT use the same engine.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Aug 2010, 23:06

I don't really see the comparison with h5 either, maybe because the difference is not that much then between h5 and h4...
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Aug 2010, 08:26

All HoMM games looked cartoonish, even H3, with it's attempts are somewhat more realistic creature artwork. Just not warcraft3-ish.

and the engine might be different, but it's not that far from H5's... or maybe it's just the BF squares that are making me see that. They just have closer-to-the-heroes-look creature designs.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 26 Aug 2010, 03:59

HOMM VI Pics : one step a head to be mature and realistic compared to it's predecessor :yes: :applause: :tsup:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Aug 2010, 17:02

ecsunotos wrote:HOMM VI Pics : one step a head to be mature and realistic compared to it's predecessor :yes: :applause: :tsup:
You, one step away from understanding what mature and realistic means... hint: it's not "better looking".

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 31 Aug 2010, 00:42

ThunderTitan wrote:
ecsunotos wrote:HOMM VI Pics : one step a head to be mature and realistic compared to it's predecessor :yes: :applause: :tsup:
You, one step away from understanding what mature and realistic means... hint: it's not "better looking".
So, it's just a matter of taste...and fortunately, it fits my taste. :proud:
Unfortunately not yours :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2010, 06:17

ecsunotos wrote: So, it's just a matter of taste...and fortunately, it fits my taste. :proud:
Unfortunately not yours :D
Actually i like them better then H5's... the Haven faction at least. I just don't have to tell myself they're something they're not.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 31 Aug 2010, 07:02

Archaven wrote:My personal opinion:

Pro:
Different dev was chosen (Black hole) instead of Nival.

Cons:
Looks exactly like Heroes 5. Now this was lame. I was really hoping a new developer was chosen for Heroes 6 basically i hate the graphics and artistic design (including creatures, towns and animation designs) which was totally different than past Heroes games developed by Nival.

BH please don't make recopy of Heroes 5. Hate it honestly.

Personal Preference:
Basically this is just my personal preference. Would like it if they could remove the turn based mechanism in adventure map. I had like more of King's Bounty: The Legend and Armored Princess more than Heroes now due to this factor. Maybe it's bad for multiplayer but i had really hoped it would be like KB. Now this is a radical change.. Most probably would anger thousands of purist Heroes fan. But i used to be a Heroes fan, i just somehow like the free roam in adventure map more. As stated just by personal preference :)

Heh..the cartoony feel isn't my cup of tea. I'd prefer graphics similar to Disciples 3.

But from gameplay standpoint, I'd prefer Age of Wonders 2. It has EVERYTHING from a stretegic tactical standpoint - deep magic system, heroes in battle, logistics, flanking, multiple armies in combat, etc...
If only the design was a bit more snazzy and it was made in 3D...

Oh, and top units felt really special. You couldn't hire them normally - you had to summon them. My final army had 2-3 angels and 2 phoenixes and they were a devastating power on the battlefield.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2010, 07:14

Soronarr wrote: Heh..the cartoony feel isn't my cup of tea. I'd prefer graphics similar to Disciples 3.
Faded and hard to tell apart?! Contrast and brightness, look it up .dat.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”