Ruins in the Desert Help

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Ruins in the Desert Help

Unread postby cjlee » 01 Jul 2010, 10:55

Recently I reinstalled HOMMV after several years, got Ruins in the Desert from CHeavens and played it. I think it is the best HOMMV map so far.

I have a problem in the 'Desert' stage. I've conquered the NE castle as well as the two castles underground. I have found the Boots of Levitation and the Sar Issues Helmet, but I can't find the Moonblade no matter where I look. I followed the clue underground to that weird statue of some demonic beast breathing lava, but mousing over the statue doesn't get me anywhere.

Where is the moonblade?

I haven't lost any artifacts or heroes so far, so I didn't pick it up by accident and lose the hero later.

Could another hero have taken the moonblade and then fled?

There were several heroes I fought who fled before I remembered to put on the Shackles of the Last Man. Could I have missed the moonblade this way?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 01 Jul 2010, 14:40

I have never played the map so I wouldn't know, you might wanna try the map editor and search for it, otherwise build artifact merchants and hope for the best
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 01 Jul 2010, 15:47

cj, I may be wrong, it's been a while, but I think you have to "Instant travel" into the statue to get the moonblade.

If there is no open path into the space adjacent to the moonblade then mousing over the statue won't show anything.

If you have a savegame near there (and if you have I.T.), try that before you give up.

Otherwise either search the forums (using the map name), or contact the mapmaker, I understand he is quite well known here and very helpful.

One final idea, go to the "Maps4Heroes" site, search for the map there, and read the comments. Sometimes players write in with an apparent bug, and the mapmaker replies with the solution.
Hope this helps
Bonzer
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 02 Jul 2010, 16:45

thanks for all your help! I've finished the scenario!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”