Are you going to buy Heroes V?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Are you going to buy Heroes V?

Yes
53%
No
24%
I am undecided as of now
23%

Total votes: 126

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Mar 2006, 20:22

davidtaylorsmith wrote:Now if ony I could decide which Dragon I should pray to........
If I where you (don't get me wrong, i'm glad i'm not :tongue:) I would wait until the Exp to decide, so as to know all 30+ of them. ;)

EDIT: Noticed nobody said it yet: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

davidtaylorsmith
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby davidtaylorsmith » 14 Mar 2006, 20:25

Thanks!!!!

THIRTY OF THEM??!?!?! Cool.....
"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died." -Steven Wright

http://s2.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=39177

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Mar 2006, 22:00

davidtaylorsmith wrote: THIRTY OF THEM??!?!?! Cool.....
Rightt.... now where did i put that darn bat that came in so handy in the BF dispute?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Mar 2006, 07:56

TT!!!! You just confuse people :rofl:
THIRTY OF THEM??!?!?! Cool.....
No there wont be so many, max 6 or seven (what is Ubis lucky number?). But thats it, too many dragons will make the game dull, there are other creatures that need a chance to show themself like werewolves, dwarves, gnomes, drakes, wyverns, behemoths, ogres, goblins, trolls, cyclops, centaurs, harpies, berserkers, beholders, leprechauns, satyrs, thunderbirds, bandits, medusas, nagas, thiefs, rouges, efreets....it could go on forever and the possible limit of creatures may be only 256, so I hope at least those mentioned above will be in. B-)

Oh and welcome to the forum ;)

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 16 Mar 2006, 21:09

Orfinn wrote: No there wont be so many, max 6 or seven (what is Ubis lucky number?). But thats it, too many dragons will make the game dull,
Not that that’s stopped them before…:devious:

Mace the Councillor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mace the Councillor » 17 Mar 2006, 16:42

Yes, I will definitely buy it sooner or later.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 19 Mar 2006, 13:26

Of course I'm going to buy it.

millionmilesaway
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby millionmilesaway » 09 Apr 2006, 06:55

Being an old fan, although 3DO went under I'm gonna buy the game. The beta was great, except for some bugs. :devil:

ultima_squall
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ultima_squall » 10 Apr 2006, 20:34

I could be considered as Undecided, but it's very close to a definite No because of StarForce, after finding out more about this russian company, I really don't want to buy the game and support it. On the other hand, if the game can average a review score of 95% and if I really like the demo, I guess I'll just buy it.

trailMix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby trailMix » 11 Apr 2006, 00:36

May be...After the review and the demo. Just because H3 was great, it doesn't neccessarily mean H5 will be great as well.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Tjah

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 11 Apr 2006, 10:22

I'm going to buy the game when it hits the stores here in Denmark. It's gonna be a long wait.
I have absolutely nothing to do in my summer holiday and it often rains here in Scandinavia so I'm thinking: Why not have some entertainment for the rainy days (weeks?)?
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Killroyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Killroyan » 11 Apr 2006, 11:57

I voted no too because of the same reasons as infiltrator. And I am on the same side as Infiltrator in his stance on II-III compared to IV. Maybe multiplayer is a lot better in IV but overall gameplay and fun in IV was far to be found. I am not going to rant on IV, however V has impressed me so far even with the imbalances and bugs. Lets hope they listened to us betatesters. Starforce is currently installed on my comp and does not give any problems whatsoever.

For all you people who have problems with it, I suggest to wait and see how it works out with the people that will install the game. If there aren't many problems then you can still buy the game. Cheers mates.

Kartabon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kartabon » 11 Apr 2006, 12:03

Are you asking this yet? I'm sure that any fan will buy it, and if he/she can, will buy the deluxe/extended edition ;)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Apr 2006, 17:04

I let other fans being test subjects to SF :D , if none gets infected, having trouble with the program, the chance that I will buy H5 is increased.

Salisa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Salisa » 16 Apr 2006, 06:10

Orfinn wrote:I let other fans being test subjects to SF :D , if none gets infected, having trouble with the program, the chance that I will buy H5 is increased.
Well after the beta -alpha release I was sure I was a no go..

And there's lots I don't like in the demo but and I mean BUT I'm having fun
so its a buy but I didn't vote!

Humans hate change, that seems to be the nature of us all, even when we know we shouldn't.. It's why so many stay married even though their spouse is a JERK! as their afraid the next will be even worse!

We know our world isn't static but all kinds of people raise a fuss to save the lions or an old house , which both are a waste of time and money all things will change no matter what! The lions will die off and something new will come along to replace them the old house will burn down or blow away and something new will come along.. If change didn't happen dinosaurs would still be here and we'd all still live in a hole!

btw the first heroes was Kings Bounty not Homm1 and it was on sega I played it..

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Apr 2006, 09:28

Im gonna buy the game now for sure. Gotta go for the deluxe edition :-D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 09:31

Salisa wrote: We know our world isn't static but all kinds of people raise a fuss to save the lions or an old house , which both are a waste of time and money all things will change no matter what!
Right, because so many new species have appeared in the last 100 years, and all the dead ones have disapeared naturaly. :rolleyes:
And houses should be saves because of their style, not age.

Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crayno » 16 Apr 2006, 20:20

After playing the demo I'm still undecided.
I loved King's Bounty - HOMM3 but disliked HOMM4
From what I've seen in the demo it's better than 4 (wich isn't hard to do i.m.o.) but it's far from being as good as the previous versions.
I'll probably wait until I can get it cheaper.

Grandizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grandizer » 20 Apr 2006, 15:09

I preordered 2 copies.
The Deluxe version.

I will reserve judgement until I play it.

However, I ordered it ONLY because SF was removed.

I just grabbed the demo, does anyone know if SF is in the demo???
If so, recycle bin is about to get a new file...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Apr 2006, 15:20

Theres NO starforce in the demo, so dont worry ;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”