Newb questions

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
AlphaMale41
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Newb questions

Unread postby AlphaMale41 » 22 Dec 2009, 16:08

I have HOMM5 but still just play HOMM3 complete CONSTANTLY . I have played HOMM5 some, but back when I got it there was no random map generator available, which is all I care about and play on HOMM3 . What is the link and how do you add the patch for the random map generator for HOMM5 ? Do both of the expansions for HOMM5 have the map generator? Is it true they took 'Town Portal' (my fav spell) out?? Usually once you got that it made it much easier to win, despite the computer having level 4 creatures on the first turn sometimes!

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 22 Dec 2009, 17:02

The TotE expansion does have a map generator. I just got the game last week and I'm playing a random map now. It's quite good!

Town portal is still in there, but more limited, since it only gets you to the nearest town.

AlphaMale41
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Town Portal

Unread postby AlphaMale41 » 22 Dec 2009, 22:04

In HOMM3 you had to have Advanced Level in Earth Magic to be able to get to any town you wanted with Town Portal. Do you have Advanced level in that? I think that's easily the best ability in the game once you get it.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 22 Dec 2009, 22:27

no, instant travel is a adventure spell and doesn't benefit from magic schools
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 23 Dec 2009, 11:43

Just to clarify,
There is an "instant travel" spell, which mostly crap. It's a dumbed down version of dimension door.

AlphaMale41
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Town Portal/Dimension Door

Unread postby AlphaMale41 » 23 Dec 2009, 14:57

Are Town Portal and Dimension Door still in HOMM5 ? To me those were the two most powerful spells in the game!

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 23 Dec 2009, 16:33

Not anymore :oex:
Corelanis used baton pass The Heroes Round Table sent out [the poster below me]

AlphaMale41
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

whaaaa?

Unread postby AlphaMale41 » 23 Dec 2009, 17:46

That REALLY sucks! My whole game was to get Town Portal and then just...win. Gonna make it much harder now. Also made Castlegate horrible, because why spend 20K on two 'portals' for Castlegate that could only work in those type castles when you could use Town Portal on any castle?

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: whaaaa?

Unread postby Corelanis » 23 Dec 2009, 18:03

AlphaMale41 wrote:That REALLY sucks! My whole game was to get Town Portal and then just...win. Gonna make it much harder now. Also made Castlegate horrible, because why spend 20K on two 'portals' for Castlegate that could only work in those type castles when you could use Town Portal on any castle?
Thats what I thought at first to then I got used to it and eventually prefered it.

JackintheMox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JackintheMox » 23 Dec 2009, 18:46

Town Portal in HOMMIII was vastly overpowered, I also prefer the HOMMV version more, limiting you to the closest town. Once you got the ability to move to any town you owned, it really took away from the strategy of having to defend multiple areas at the same time. In WoG, I play with spells such as Town Portal, Dimension Door, Fly, Water Walk, and Armageddon banned in attempts to limit the "cheesiness" that these spells provide. HOMMV doesn't really have any spells that are on par with these, which I like.

AlphaMale41
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

make it cost uber high - Town Portal

Unread postby AlphaMale41 » 23 Dec 2009, 19:55

The way to fight that is make it so ridiculously hard to cast it can't be done often. Like 100pts to cast it once, and can only be cast once a day regardless. I know it was powerful, since every game I play is just a race to get that!... haha

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 24 Dec 2009, 04:18

I think the whole point of what they did to town portal was to make sure you couldnt just town portal back for town defense then clear it out again when your done. The way it is in H5 you have to think about defending your town in the long term and make sure you have the forces to go on the attack. It also makes the demons gating abilities some what special lore wise.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”