Anyone writing a Dark elf TOE guide?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Anyone writing a Dark elf TOE guide?

Unread postby Raelag84 » 26 Aug 2009, 18:11

I noticed new guides, for Demons, Wood elves and Wizards, but nothing for the dark elves.

Does a dark elf guide exist somewhere? Is someone in the process of writing it?

Would anyone like me to write it because if no one else is writing it i would be more than happy to. ^_^

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 26 Aug 2009, 19:22

dark elves is pretty straight forward

1) abuse (imba) cloaking ability and get all mines without any casualties
2) get mage guild to level 5 and pray you don't get Armageddon
3) get expert destructive, expert enlightenment and empowered spells

WIN
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 26 Aug 2009, 20:31

haloswift wrote:dark elves is pretty straight forward

1) abuse (imba) cloaking ability and get all mines without any casualties
2) get mage guild to level 5 and pray you don't get Armageddon
3) get expert destructive, expert enlightenment and empowered spells

WIN
I supose they are a rather unsophisticated faction Haloswift san. Nevertheless I do have something to contribute. It doesn't sound like anyone has a guide up so I will post on here when I post my next fan fic chapter. If no one likes it they can all ignore it.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 26 Aug 2009, 21:54

by all means write a guide, I will definitely read it however people who play h5 tend to be EXTREMELY stubborn because they refuse to see how other play styles can also work

especially with dungeon, the playstyle I mentioned above works pretty good so most people won't bother trying other fun toys like fast-hydra + teleport assault

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Aug 2009, 01:24

Dungeon unsophisticated? You can't be serious :) Destructive is not going to do all the job for you unless you are extremely lucky or the map allows rushing. Dungeon can use just about every skill to good effect, many potential builds.

Btw teleport assault is amongst the least likely to succeed in a real game. Haven, sylvan, fortress, orcs, demons would hope you did that to get an easier win :) Might work vs academy but if you face dark..
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 27 Aug 2009, 10:41

Elvin wrote:Dungeon unsophisticated? You can't be serious :) Destructive is not going to do all the job for you unless you are extremely lucky or the map allows rushing.
You don't have a choice ... give up Destructive Magic and you give up your sky-high SpellPower + Empowered Spells + Elemental chain, to a lesser extent.

I can imagine a Warlock learning a variety of skills instead of maxing out on spells with Destructive + Luck + Sorcery + Enlightenment, but not having no Destructive whatsoever.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Aug 2009, 11:39

I've used dark/summoning warlock vs orcs, it's fun :D Also possible to use a might hybrid with summoning though summoning is quite situational, a warmachine warlock.. Yeah I used to think that was not going to work.
- Metathron

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 27 Aug 2009, 11:46

Elvin wrote:Btw teleport assault is amongst the least likely to succeed in a real game. Haven, sylvan, fortress, orcs, demons would hope you did that to get an easier win :) Might work vs academy but if you face dark..
I know that, I was just throwing out an example of doing something different rather then max out destructive

btw I changed magic schools from summoning+destructive to dark+destructive (makes no sence dark elves don't have dark magic)

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 28 Aug 2009, 06:14

Elvin wrote:I've used dark/summoning warlock vs orcs, it's fun :D Also possible to use a might hybrid with summoning though summoning is quite situational, a warmachine warlock.. Yeah I used to think that was not going to work.
Where're your spells going to come from!?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Aug 2009, 07:45

Arcane library, utopia, arcane intuition, maybe vault of mages.
- Metathron

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 29 Aug 2009, 13:59

Elvin wrote:I've used dark/summoning warlock vs orcs, it's fun :D Also possible to use a might hybrid with summoning though summoning is quite situational, a warmachine warlock.. Yeah I used to think that was not going to work.
I have no choice but to steal that idea for the guide. :) I will give you credit when the guide is done.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Aug 2009, 15:49

Nah I wasn't the first to try it either :) I have seen my share of unconventional strategies in tournament of honour, was probably samiekl. He was the one who changed my mind about warmachines being good for dungeon.
- Metathron

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 29 Aug 2009, 16:12

and why are they good may I ask?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Aug 2009, 17:29

Dungeon has a pretty good attack value and knowledge is easy to boost through trade guild. But beyond that a triple flaming ballista plus an empowered spell can deal some sweet damage in the beginning. Of course the opponent will likely destroy it in one turn but it puts more pressure on him, also will spare your units from a good attack.

Only used it a few times personally, vs sylvan and haven where it worked fine. Though that was in the duel map, in a real map there are many initiative artifacts lying around and opponent can split arcanes etc etc. Guess it's not against just any faction unless you want to play risky, me I'd normally avoid vs dwarves, sylvan, academy, possibly orcs.
- Metathron

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 27 Sep 2009, 14:01

Creeping with Dungeon is a very fustrating experience:
- against walkers you don't have enough spellpoints. If they are split into 3+, blood furies won't work either.
- against fast walkers they bump into your stalkers.
- against flyers and they bump faster
- against shooters they shoot before you can hide. Lose 3 stalkers per battle and you're done after 4 battles.

Only remedy I know, if it's available, is to hire a hero from other towns, and then use their more plentiful level-1's as cannon fodder.

Dungeons also have the most delicate units of the towns, making them the easiest faction to mess up. Perhaps the only good thing is it is also very easy for your opponent to mess up against them.

The worst is when Academy uses armageddon with mini-artifacts and artifacts (12 knowledge + shield of crystal ice = 100% resistence). Magnetic golems aren't even necessary anymore.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Sep 2009, 23:47

You are kidding right? As long as the unit has 4-6 speed and moderate initiative furies own them. If the walker is faster or large you will certainly need mana though you can take good numbers of bears with a fury stack hit&running them and some scout fodder. Dungeon has the easiest creeping if you know how to do it right.
- Metathron

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 06 Oct 2009, 09:24

Anyone ever used Minotaurs as cannon-fodder?
Blood Furies are better than Sisters, right?

or, in beginning stages, I use Assassins, rather than Stalkers,
or... it's actually quiet situational
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Oct 2009, 12:31

Midas wrote:Anyone ever used Minotaurs as cannon-fodder?l
There is another use?

And stalkers are the sole reason dungeon creeps so effectively. Assassins are not even needed in creeping.
- Metathron

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 28 Oct 2009, 11:26

how do you get fast hydras?

haste plus tp? it's hard for warlocks to learn light, let alone TP assault

I've always been willing to try unusual combos, but rarely get the chance. It's a probability thing where some skill choices are rarely offered.
haloswift wrote:by all means write a guide, I will definitely read it however people who play h5 tend to be EXTREMELY stubborn because they refuse to see how other play styles can also work

especially with dungeon, the playstyle I mentioned above works pretty good so most people won't bother trying other fun toys like fast-hydra + teleport assault

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 28 Oct 2009, 11:30

are you playing a real game against humans then?

if you don't max destructive, breaking into these places is hard and costly and unreliable. against an equally good human opponent, I don't see how you can be competitive.
Elvin wrote:Arcane library, utopia, arcane intuition, maybe vault of mages.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”