Sound Design? Awesome! Sound Editing? Crappy.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
EvilNed
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sound Design? Awesome! Sound Editing? Crappy.

Unread postby EvilNed » 16 Aug 2009, 20:17

I love this game, but there's something that keeps bugging me. And that's that the sound is so friggin' cool (Easily the best sound design in any of the Heroes games), but the sound editing is really crap. There are many effects which could benefit from a higher bass or volume overall, but most of the effects in this game remain the same volume. The battles would have been much better if you really felt that all-powerful lightning strike those hydras down, but as it is now it's kinda tame.

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 17 Aug 2009, 03:28

Sound overall is probably the most overlooked aspect in all of gaming, and as such has the least time spent on it. It ends up relegated to 'polish' in the develpment process, and few games these days get any polish at all. I'm just thankful that they at least don't skimp on the music, at it is one of the shining and defining aspects of the series.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 17 Aug 2009, 04:00

The sound I miss the most is the jingle that would play when you build something.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 17 Aug 2009, 04:23

lotusreaver wrote:The sound I miss the most is the jingle that would play when you build something.
I agree. As the games got darker and less like old School Might and Magic, sounds like that became less prominent.
rife wrote:I'm just thankful that they at least don't skimp on the music, at it is one of the shining and defining aspects of the series.
Me too! Part 5 is actually one of the better games for music. (I'd say they all have great music. Even Heroes 1 was fairly good for the time).
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”