Thumbnail plot summaries for HOMM V?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Should I make thumbnail plot summaries for the original Heroes V campaigns?

Yes
88%
No
No votes
Meh, indifferent
12%

Total votes: 25

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Thumbnail plot summaries for HOMM V?

Unread postby lotusreaver » 15 Aug 2009, 06:15

So this little endeavor began as a one-off bit where I used thumbnails to satirize the campaign of Heroes V: Tribes of the East. Tongue-in-cheek stuff, really. [LINK] It's filled with in-jokes and references that people who have played through the campaign will recognize. This was back in 2007.

Recently, I played through HoF again and decided to give the same treatment for the HoF campaigns. [LINK] I planned to finish the Ylaya campaign and stop it there.

I know some of you guys read them and commented on them. So I figured I'd pose the question here. Since I'm working backwards, and momentum is strong, should I finish out the thumbnail plot summaries with the original Heroes V campaigns? If you guys like them, I'll do it. Otherwise, no big deal.

---------------------
UPDATE: Okay, so the overwhelming consensus is that you want me to finish up the campaign summaries. So I'll post them here.

UPDATE: All of the summaries are now complete.

The Queen
The Cultist
The Necromancer
The Warlock
The Ranger
The Mage

You can get the full campaign here, along with the expansions: LINK
Last edited by lotusreaver on 13 Sep 2009, 18:27, edited 4 times in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Aug 2009, 17:23

Looks pretty good... so yeah, do them all.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 15 Aug 2009, 17:34

Go for it ^_^

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 15 Aug 2009, 21:29

'Course you should! I love those things.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 16 Aug 2009, 20:51

Nice to see you back, we want to see more :-D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 16 Aug 2009, 21:56

Yes. I really liked your summaries for the other campaigns (basically exposing how poorly written and convoluted the entire story of Heroes V really is).
Back from the dead? Maybe.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 17 Aug 2009, 04:09

Alright, I finished the last of the HoF chapters this morning. Will start the original campaigns soon.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 18 Aug 2009, 03:13

Isabel's campaign summary completed: HERE

Did I leave out anything significant?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 18 Aug 2009, 18:31

Hilarious as ever :D Loved the Crag Hack bit.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 18 Aug 2009, 19:00

I had forgotten the horror. Quite on the spot :)
- Metathron

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 19 Aug 2009, 05:36

Hilarious. :D

BDW do I miss "the Markal incident" or you did not went through there?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Aug 2009, 11:06

Your plot summary and dialogs are so true... unfortunately.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 21 Aug 2009, 04:54

parcaleste wrote:BDW do I miss "the Markal incident" or you did not went through there?
I'll get to Markal's campaign eventually. I'm doing them in order and am currently finishing up Agrael's campaign. Stay tuned.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 22 Aug 2009, 20:09

Part 2 is uploaded. Oh Agrael. Will your troubles never end?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 22 Aug 2009, 21:10

Mysterious Spirit: Ahh. Now I see. Yes. It has all become clear. Now I understand. The answers are in my head. It was so easy.

Agrael: Care to explain?

Mysterious Spirit: No. Not really.

Tieru: I am the legendary Tieru. I am communicating with you through astral projection. It’s a lazy but convenient way to move the plot along, you see.

Agrael: Hmmph.

Tieru: A demon messiah is coming. He will have his own game. It will be riddled with bugs. It will be panned by critics. There will be an annoying succubus named Xana. But no matter. We must prevent this from happening.

:D
- Metathron

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 22 Aug 2009, 22:41

I'm currently running through the necromancer campaign for the purposes of writing the next installment. And I realized something. In many ways, Queen Isabel in H5 is far, far worse than the Biara imposter in HoF.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 22 Aug 2009, 22:51

That is an understatement. Her stupidity is unbelievable, possibly why everyone seems to hate her. Zero common sense and arrogant on top of that, however she does get a lot better towards HoF ending. I believe they tried to make her a tragic hero, a pawn of fate doomed to lead her people to ruin and realize later what she has done but that wasn't exactly well implemented..
- Metathron

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 23 Aug 2009, 04:36

In terms of H5, in writing the campaign summaries, I've noticed that a lot of the characters are just plain clueless or don't have the common sense to act when they sense something is wrong.

Who would you say is the most clueless/stupid of the characters. And who would you say is the smartest/most logical?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Aug 2009, 11:16

Godric is the most reasonable of the bunch, his only flaw is his pride but for an old guy he is adaptable enough. Even learnt diplomacy at his advanced age hehe :)
Raelag is a pretty sharp guy, religious but not fanatical, knows what he wants and does what is necessary to achieve it, just a little bitter. What I dislike his.. affections :ill:
And of course Zehir that although inexperienced he is a brilliant guy, quick thinker, adaptable, logical and optimistic.
I don't forget Biara, she's a resourceful ***** but her style.. I realize it's the developer's fault but she's like an open book, you'd have to be an idiot to fall for what she says.
Markal was brilliant even if a bit mad. But again he is too obvious, I admit I loved him though :D
Tieru.. He's a perceptive fellow with a quick wit but Nival makes him look like an idiot. He's just another filler for the story, somebody had to explain the plot and move Agrael's storyline forward.. Not in a very good way either.

Of those Godric seems the wiser but in terms of common sense and rationale I'd say Zehir.
- Metathron

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Aug 2009, 17:39

Godric also is stupid - he is stupid as all knights with their honour&duty. His word was more important to him that fate of Griffin Empire subjects. And he didn't recognize that there is something wrong with "saint" Isabel?
Not mention he vow oath (IIRC - can be wrong) about punishing Agrael but later he do nothing to murderer of his king, not even say bad word about him.

BTW lotusreaver - if you going to summary Zehir campaign don't forget about two cutscenes that were addad in some patch (were missing ealier).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”