Duel Mod?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Magi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Duel Mod?

Unread postby Magi » 08 Aug 2009, 07:46

Hi all! I have been lurking this forum for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I played and enjoyed all of the campaigns, but I am not particularly interested in the custom maps. I love the battle mechanics of this game, especially in large battles with grand armies, but it simply takes too long to get to that point of the game for me. Unfortunately, the duel settings seem to be horribly imbalanced and don't offer any real form of customization. I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a custom map or mod that I can use to play duels with my roommate.

I am looking for a map built more or less on a point system where each player picks their hero, distributes their skillks and abilities, and is given a certain amount of gold to buy their troops and/or artifacts.

I desparately want to try and maintain the complexity of the army composition and hero design without having to take the time to actually do it all the hard way. :D

Any advice?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Aug 2009, 16:16

Well Elvin at Heroes Community designed a duel map that would fit your preferences... but unfortunately I am not updated with the latest version he has so you could try sending him a PM.

He has an account here too but doesn't visit as often.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Magi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Magi » 08 Aug 2009, 19:30

Perfect! I found the TOH duel map and it's exactly what I was looking for. All of the aspects of Heroes that I love in a format that makes for quick, decisive games.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! And thanks to Elvin for designing such a great map!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”