Not sure who to contact for what.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Not sure who to contact for what.

Unread postby Shyranis » 29 Jul 2009, 11:10

I wanted to make a contribution to the site (if it is wanted I mean, and I had no real other way to get in touch).

I've made animated videos of all of the (fully upgraded) towns from Heroes of Might and Magic 3-5 and posted them on Youtube ready to be embedded. If you'd like to use them on the site then please freely partake. =D

I'll be working on the HoF and ToE towns, then the ones from Heroes 1 and 2 eventually. I just gradually made these videos and uploaded them in one good spree. The Heroes 4 and 5 videos are HD too.

Here's the playlist with all of them so far.

Hope this helps the site. I haven't seen any Might and Magic sites with HD town videos embedded into their respective sections =D

Of course, if you don't want to use these you're free to ignore me. ^_^
Last edited by Shyranis on 03 Aug 2009, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 29 Jul 2009, 14:06

Dude, these are so nice! Great job! :-D
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 29 Jul 2009, 14:27

Man those take me back. To my ear, the Wizard and Elven towns have had the most consistently great music (though all of them are good).

It also reminds me that the music and town designs have never disappointed (me anyway) in the entire series. And I really like the town designs and reveals in H5... never really thought about that before.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Jul 2009, 12:09

good old h3

it sux so bad I lost the cd somewhere, I want to play it so bad
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 30 Jul 2009, 14:17

haloswift wrote:good old h3

it sux so bad I lost the cd somewhere, I want to play it so bad
I just checked nothingbutsoftware.com, and they still have the compilation H3/H4 complete DVD available for $20.49. I got this disk a while ago so I could get H4 complete. The H4 doesn't have key-disk protection, but the H3 does require the DVD in the drive.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 30 Jul 2009, 15:21

How wonderful! Thanks Shyranis.

I hope these do get embedded in each town's section on the main page.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Jul 2009, 17:10

I actually bought H3 complete for 10 euro's a few years ago, it sux I lost it even though I hardly ever played it
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Jul 2009, 20:34

Quite nice indeed. How big are the video files, btw?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 31 Jul 2009, 13:11

I just finished the Heroes 1 and 2 Towns and will be uploading those as well to Youtube.

The older game videos range from 10mb-20, the HD videos are 70-100mb =D

Edit: Uploaded the Heroes 2 Town videos... Youtube for some reason doesn't show you the option to watch them in high quality though =(

I uploaded the towns from Heroes 2 and the 4 original ones from Gold (The Knight and Necro have their songs in gold copied exactly from Heroes 3).

I wish I could find a real copy of Price of Loyalty, to my understanding the game one of the best orchestrated soundtracks for any Heroes game. None of the music is in any other version as well.

Uploading Heroes 1 Videos and adding them to the playlist.

Edit: Done =D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Jul 2009, 14:10

Well, the videos are too large for us to host on the server at the moment, but this is definitely newsworthy. I'll work on an item and see if I can post it on the site tomorrow. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 02 Aug 2009, 21:03

Actually you can embed them directly so they stream from youtube. no need to waste the site's bandwidth =D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Aug 2009, 22:36

I know; I'm working on it... :)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Aug 2009, 23:10

Need some assistance? *breaks out whip* ;)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Aug 2009, 11:13

Shut it. :tongue:

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 03 Aug 2009, 15:32

Wow. I didn't know that non-gold Heroes II has different town themes, most of which sound way better (except the Warlock theme, which is better in gold)
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 03 Aug 2009, 19:58

Appearantly my gold sorceress theme is not in most other people's version of gold... do I have some sort of bootleg copy with screwed up music (I did buy it secondhand)? Anyway. Yes, Gold seems to use music rejected from both the original Heroes 2 and from the expansion, price of loyalty. But the Wizard and warlock themes are great =D

The castle/knight and necropolis/necromancer shamelessly reuse the exact same music as in Heroes 3 (gold was released after heroes 3).

Edit: Going to finish those up with the Fortress and Stronghold Heroes 5 towns in a few days =D I'll just add it to the playlist.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 06 Aug 2009, 15:01

Woot. so my copy isn't a bootleg. The music is authentic. Just some versions have that theme, others have the PoL version and of course the original version is with the original one.

Anyway. I've updated the playlist with more towns (The two I was missing and the PoL sorceress town)

Edit: As Requested I've updated it with the remaining Price of Loyalty tunes and relabled the gold ones that shared music with PoL to PoL/Gold

Return to “Heroes V-VI”