Actually it's a very realistic idea. If you have an ability to jump as high as 120 cm max. You also have an ability "to choose" whether you jump 80 cm or 60 cm or 120 cm, right ?
Good luck trying to jump exactly the amount you want... you'll always be off by a bit.
But that's like saying you can choose the amount of bullet that comes out of a gun when you fire it... some RL stuff work one way, others another... and magic was always more like a mechanical thing then a body thing.
ecsunotos wrote:This fasility is still a choice too. And have strategic point of view.
For a stack of enemy troops of 25 gremlins, your manna remains 10 points, You can choose :
- Cast spell : 10 manna points do 100 damage kills all gremlins and none of remaining manna
- Cast spell : 9 manna points do 90 damage kills 23 gremlins and 1 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 8 manna points do 80 damage kills 20 gremlins and 2 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 3 manna points do 30 damage kills 8 gremlins and 7 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 2 manna points do 20 damage kills 5 gremlins and 8 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 1 manna points do 10 damage kills 3 gremlins and 9 points remaining manna
- Not to cast spell to them
So, we have more choices. And each choice has it's own consequence: remaining manna and remaining enemy troops.
That's called strategy too
Or you could just have more spells that do that same thing, and add more spell variety.
Otherwise why not just have just 1 dmg spell in the entire game and just let everyone decide how much mana to spend on it... same effect really.
And not to mention how the UI for such a thing would be a needless complication.
IMO it would be better off as a mod actually... could be interesting to play with it like that, but too needlessly complicated for the base game.