Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)

Unread postby Kalah » 01 May 2009, 11:02

List your wishes and requests for Heroes 6 here.

Also have a look at the old threads; Gameplay discussion, and an old wish thread.
Last edited by Anonymous on 04 Oct 2010, 15:24, edited 2 times in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Uncle JR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Uncle JR » 01 May 2009, 11:48

I'd like caravans to work more like they did in Heroes IV. (take them from a town and shoot them over, even if they're in the garrison)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 01 May 2009, 12:36

1. Town Assimilation for a high price
2. More spells then in H5
3. More user-friendly editor
4. No dumbing down of H5 skill system
5. Different models for male and female heroes
6. Alternative upgrades should stay
7. Different magic schools for every faction, like in H4
8. Some kind of advanced classes

Other wishes will come later
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 01 May 2009, 13:23

A developer who will actually bother to playtest for bugs and balance reasons before releasing it. That would be a nice addition to Heroes VI.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 01 May 2009, 13:44

Bring back simultaneous retal and first strike abilities!
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 01 May 2009, 15:01

-no invulnerable heroes able to attack. Either H1-3 way or H4 way, but not mix of them
-hex-based battlefields
-impossible wish: return to the old world and its characters created by 3DO
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 01 May 2009, 16:52

klaymen wrote:-no invulnerable heroes able to attack. Either H1-3 way or H4 way, but not mix of them
Allow me to say "no" on that one. The special attack abilities of Demon Lords/Rangers in H5 were both fun and useful. Going back to the H1-H3 way is much more pedestrian, and the H4 way was mishandled. If Heroes are going to be vulnerable, there must be a useful way to protect non-might heroes that will not also overpower might heroes.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 01 May 2009, 17:40

Bandobras Took wrote:Bring back simultaneous retal
I disagree about this one :P It's much more interesting the way it is in H5.

I'd want two heroes classes per faction, one might and the other more magic oriented. And no bugs and slow and stupid AI please.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 01 May 2009, 17:57

Deadguy118 wrote:A developer who will actually bother to playtest for bugs and balance reasons before releasing it. That would be a nice addition to Heroes VI.
A huge +1

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 01 May 2009, 18:01

I'd like to see a game where strategic decisions matter. A competent AI player that plays by mostly the same rules as the human would help that considerably.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

nadavis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nadavis » 01 May 2009, 18:35

They really need to find a more attractive art theme. The whole grey backgrounds and bland color scheme of heroes 5 was so boring. Look to heroes 2-3 or the new kings bounty, much more colorful and attractive.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

More ideas (wishes) for Heroes 6

Unread postby astral76minor » 01 May 2009, 20:06

Ever notice that the computer AI sometimes uses cheap artifacts when he has better ones in his backpack? Or, the computer sometimes ignores a certain combination of artifacts that would benefit him/her. This needs to be considered for a better AI in the new Heroes. Among many other things that need to be discussed about the AI.

I have noticed in H5, that the computer will ignore neutral armies (even large ones) although he could easily defeat them and benefit from the experience and treasures. That needs to be fixed for H6.

The town portal spell in H3 allows the hero to pick any town he owns to return to. Please add this nice feature to the next game, since Ubisoft ignored it.

The caravans in H4 were deployed in an invisible way, but they always made it to the castle. Whereas in H5, they could get stuck and you'd have to send out a clean up hero just to save the caravan. I request that the new Heroes, use the invisible caravan method in H4 so that they always make it to the castle.

Lastly, and perhaps the most complex. I wish for a multiplayer campaign mode in the new Heroes game. In this way, two or more humans can play in the campaign either as allies or as foes. I know the programming for this requires finesse. But damn, it has never been done before and who knows... it just might raise the games ranking and bring up sales.

There are plenty more wishes brewing.....

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 01 May 2009, 20:56

A storyline.

Donsta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Donsta » 01 May 2009, 21:08

Another +1 vote for a well tested game before release. A better story would be nice as well

Hambone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hambone » 01 May 2009, 22:30

Fix the UI so it works like GalCiv or Sins of a Solar Empire: you can zoom in to enjoy the beauty and detail or you can zoom out all the way to an abstracted 2D representation.

"The adding features part depends on the end of the patch plan." -- Fabrice Cambounet

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: More ideas (wishes) for Heroes 6

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 01 May 2009, 22:37

astral76minor wrote:The town portal spell in H3 allows the hero to pick any town he owns to return to. Please add this nice feature to the next game, since Ubisoft ignored it.
Heavens, no! Make the spell weaker the more towns you own, not stronger -- owning more towns is strength enough on its own.
Lastly, and perhaps the most complex. I wish for a multiplayer campaign mode in the new Heroes game. In this way, two or more humans can play in the campaign either as allies or as foes. I know the programming for this requires finesse. But damn, it has never been done before and who knows... it just might raise the games ranking and bring up sales.
+1 to this one . . . I've been wanting that since Heroes II.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Town Portal spell wish

Unread postby astral76minor » 01 May 2009, 23:04

How about two different town portal spells. One like H3 and the other would be just like H5. Depending on map design, either spell could be enabled for the player to use.

Town Portal - Regular like H5, sends you to the nearest owned town.

Town Warp - Advanced, pre-determined by map design (not hero level).
Can be used in replace of Town Portal for certain huge maps.
The spell allows selection of any owned town for a destination.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

The return of creatures

Unread postby astral76minor » 02 May 2009, 03:44

I wish that the Gargantuan and the Faerie Dragons from H4 be welcomed back into the game. I also miss the old Black Dragon from H2.

Szaman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Szaman » 02 May 2009, 03:48

Random map generator (like in all games except H4).

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby astral76minor » 02 May 2009, 03:48

Akul wrote:1. Town Assimilation for a high price
2. More spells then in H5
3. More user-friendly editor
4. No dumbing down of H5 skill system
5. Different models for male and female heroes
6. Alternative upgrades should stay
7. Different magic schools for every faction, like in H4
8. Some kind of advanced classes

Other wishes will come later
+1 for number 7.... That would mean 8 different types of Magic Classes/Skills...hmm

Also in H4, the hero could fight in battle and die. I see this as a wish for H6, as long as there is only one hero that fights (not stacks of them).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”