how to set custom animation for creatures?

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
edwin_yang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

how to set custom animation for creatures?

Unread postby edwin_yang » 23 Jan 2009, 11:33

hi,everyone.I have some problems on setting custom animation for creature on adventure map and voiding affecting other of my maps at the same tiem .
the way I do it is:
1.click on the "new" button on the Shared field of a creature's properties window and creat a new file.
2.when the step 1 is done, the creatue will turn into peasant on the adv-map,so I click on the "..."button to do a further work.I choose a model in the Model field and an animation in the AnimSet field but useless,still peasant on adv-map.
3.then I click on the Creature button and choose a creature(black dragon lets say)instead of CREATURE_UNKNOWN,the model will turn into a black dragon on the adv-map.
4.then I begin to change the animation but failed, actually , I found that the model on adv-map is only decided by the Creature's field,the model works well even if the Model and AnimSet fields are empty.
5.If I dont creat a new file in the Shared field then I can make a custom animation but as I said this will affect all the maps in my maps folder,so is there any solutions ?I am new here so I dont know wether it is the right place to post it here,if not please let me know ,thanks :)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 23 Jan 2009, 12:46

The way I see it, you're modifying files like "MapObjects\Dungeon\Black_Dragon.(AdvMapMonsterShared).xdb"

But you should also modify files like "GameMechanics\CreatureVisual\Creatures\Dungeon\Black_Dragon.xdb", and edit the fields related to the model/animation of the creature.

Obviously you need to create new files every time you need to modify a file, to prevent modification of the entire game.

(btw, the CreatureVisual file is referenced in the <Visual> field of files like "GameMechanics\Creature\Creatures\Dungeon\Black_Dragon.xdb")
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”